Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apparently the guys & girls recieve a healthy $80,000 check for being included in the Smackdown games. That's big money as it's roughly the same as some make in whole year of working. So it's no wonder people are desperate to make it onto the game.

Who's going to miss out on the Smackdown video game this year?

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Not many to be fair, ther game is said to have over 70 wrestlers in it (probably be 71 knowing their track history)... So obviously the Uso's won't be in. But with that many roster spots in the game, not many will be missing out.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Who are the "some" that only make 80K a year is what I want to know...

I've heard of some divas being on that kind of money - but most, if not all, of the male roster are on $100k + surely..? (I am not counting the NXT fellas in this, I have no idea what their contract will involve).

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Who are the "some" that only make 80K a year is what I want to know...

I've heard of some divas being on that kind of money - but most, if not all, of the male roster are on $100k + surely..? (I am not counting the NXT fellas in this, I have no idea what their contract will involve).
The lowest of the low carders make more than $50,000 or so I've read. This $80,000 isn't on about their annual income though, it's a pure bonus on top of their salary for appearing in the game, which obviously should sell at least a million copies in its lifetime.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts

= 5.6 million

It is good to see that a good portion of the money goes to the wrestlers. The unfortunate thing is that if you are the lowest of the low-carders, then chances are you will be excluded.

I saw a salary sheet a few years ago. The lowest I saw was 91,000 and that was a ring announcer.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts

= 5.6 million

It is good to see that a good portion of the money goes to the wrestlers. The unfortunate thing is that if you are the lowest of the low-carders, then chances are you will be excluded.

I saw a salary sheet a few years ago. The lowest I saw was 91,000 and that was a ring announcer.

And people wonder why ROH wrestlers want to go to the WWE so badly lol.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
^^ How much do indy stars get paid? I am guessing it is by appearance, but do you know what they pocket annually?

Matters how big the company is. Even TNA mid-carders don't make that much from what people have been saying and they are the biggest non-WWE company in the U.S.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I'd be surprised if even the main guys in ROH can actually make that much in one night. I've heard guys just breaking into the indies and wrestling in bingo halls can expect no more than $10 a night.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Most of the tag teams will miss out. I only expect The Hart Dynasty to be on it really. So thats Jey & Jimmy Uso, Trent Baretta, Caylen Croft, Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer all missing out. Guys like Shad and JTG might even struggle to get in.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

= 5.6 million

Well it's 2010 now so that salary sheet is garbage, i'm pretty sure some of those guys were on expiring contracts because there's no way in hell cena only makes 2mil now.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Most of the tag teams will miss out. I only expect The Hart Dynasty to be on it really. So thats Jey & Jimmy Uso, Trent Baretta, Caylen Croft, Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer all missing out. Guys like Shad and JTG might even struggle to get in.
I hope Dudebusters get in. I doubt JTG and Shad miss out, as they already have character models that THQ could re-use. They will probably still be a tag team cuz THQ base their roster on the month after wrestlemania

·
Registered
166 Posts
Curt Hawkins, Vance Archer, The Usos, Season 2 NXT rookies, and Alberto Del Rio won't make it in this game.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Let's see, according to Wiki SvR 2010 has 67 characters. Dusty, Dibiase and Bob Orton will probably be cut, but I will still count them, cuz appearantly there will be moar legends added. Carlito, Shelton, Mickie, Green, Red, Knox, Finlay, Kendrick will almost certainly miss out on the game so that means 59 characters for sure. So if 2011 is over 70 here are the newer wrestlers that should make the game for sure - McIntyre, Sheamus, DH Smith, Tyson Kidd, Alicia Fox, Zack Ryder... and I can't think of anything more but that still leaves only 65 characters so there should be helluva lot more room. Here are the possibilites to fill up the space - Croft and Barretta and the Season 1 rookies. That would make 75 characters, which is pretty likely. But as I said they will appearantly add more legends so the NXT Season 1 rookies are a slim hope but it appears as the Dudebusters might make it into the game after all

1 - 20 of 31 Posts