Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you believe is better between Johnny Gargano and Adam Cole?
In the ring:
On the mic:
look:
Character:

for me I would say
Close, but Gargano is better in the ring
They are even on the mic
Adam Cole has a better look
Character wise It’s hard to say because Johnny is a perfect face like Daniel Bryan and Adam Cole is the perfect Heel so I would say they are even.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
In the ring: don't care about video game wrestlers
On the mic: cole, i guess
look: cole. Gargano looks like a grown kid
Character: neither have a character. one is a "this is my dream" mark and the other one is a "i have a catchphrase and the marks think i'm cool" mark

·
The Babyface of WF
11,576 Posts
I like Adam Cole a little more but Gargano is far and away the more versatile talent of the two, Better worker, Better promo, Has a more scientific wrestling match under his belt against Balor that I'm still yet to see from Cole which proves Gargano isn't just a glorified spot monkey.

Cole has a better future though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Character: neither have a character. one is a "this is my dream" mark and the other one is a "i have a catchphrase and the marks think i'm cool" mark
I’m a smark not a Marks. Marks like talentless roidheads like Bill Goldberg. Smarks actually appreciate wrestling.

Having a catchphrase is part of a character.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,882 Posts
Is this a real question, Cole is arguably the most complete wrestler on the planet. Johnny isn't even top 10 as far a complete performer. However, I'll follow the criteria for the thread.

In the ring: Gargano
On the mic: Cole by a mile
Look: Cole.
Character: Cole by a mile.

Who's better? Cole by a mile.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this a real question, Cole is arguably the most complete wrestler on the planet. Johnny isn't even top 10 as far a complete performer. However, I'll follow the criteria for the thread.

In the ring: Gargano
On the mic: Cole by a mile
Look: Cole.
Character: Cole by a mile.

Who's better? Cole by a mile.
Adam Cole isn’t the heart and soul of NXT! Johnny is! And also I thought you were going to talk shit about both of them because you had mark in your name and I thought your pfp was Triple H.

·
Registered
526 Posts
In ring: They are both great, tough not my style at all. But I think Gargano wins this. He seems better at working with different types of opponents and different paces than Cole.

Mic: Definately Cole.

Look: Gargano. While hes still a small guy. He's actually pretty ripped and looks fit. Cole has one of the worst looks in wrestling. He's the most skinny/undefined/lanky wrestler I've seen since the early days of the 123 kid.

Character: Cole. Gargano can tell a fantastic underdog story in the ring. But overall Cole has him beat.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
As far as technical wrestling ability there aren’t many that can hang with Johnny. But as an in ring performer Cole is as close to HBK as anything we’ve ever seen. He takes as good a beating as anyone in the world right now, plus has some cool, potent offense.

The other criteria, Cole has no equal. Combine look, charisma, mic work, character work, and just his overall swagger. He’s untouchable.

·
Southern Pride
3,196 Posts
Adam Cole has an edge to Johnny Gargano.

The are both good in the ring but Adams personality and ability to talk better than Johnny makes him overall better than Gargano and will take him even further.

If (or when) both were to move to either RAW or Smackdown it is Adam Cole that has a higher chance of doing well under Vinces thumb than Johnny.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I’m a smark not a Marks. Marks like talentless roidheads like Bill Goldberg. Smarks actually appreciate wrestling.

Having a catchphrase is part of a character.
Other than "shock the world" and "bay bay" what can you tell me about his character?
Smarks love indy videogame midgets (like Gargano)

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,882 Posts
Other than "shock the world" and "bay bay" what can you tell me about his character?
Smarks love indy videogame midgets (like Gargano)
I don't know who says shock the world, care to inform me? But he was a cowardice faction leader who always relied on them to do his heavy lifting and win for him until it ended up costing him the NXT championship at Takeover: New York. Since then he's been a leader by example by strictly doing it solo which led to him being the first & final member of TUE to hold gold.

Cole even has a bit of obsessiveness to his character with being obsessed with maintaining the prophecy of running NXT and hold every title.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,576 Posts
As far as technical wrestling ability there aren’t many that can hang with Johnny. But as an in ring performer Cole is as close to HBK as anything we’ve ever seen. He takes as good a beating as anyone in the world right now, plus has some cool, potent offense.

The other criteria, Cole has no equal. Combine look, charisma, mic work, character work, and just his overall swagger. He’s untouchable.
I don't think Cole is closer to HBK than guys like AJ or Bryan are as overall packages and even they are not on his level.

Cole's demeanor reminds me of a young Shawn Michaels in a way but he's got a long ways to go if he wants to close that gap.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I don't think Cole is closer to HBK than guys like AJ or Bryan are as overall packages and even they are not on his level.

Cole's demeanor reminds me of a young Shawn Michaels in a way but he's got a long ways to go if he wants to close that gap.
Those guys, especially Bryan are way too technically savvy to be compared to HBK. Cole has a desperation offense that he breaks out for survival.

·
Premium Member
16,879 Posts
I think Adam Cole. His value in wrestling all together is huge. Gargano's value to NXT is huge. NXT could survive without Cole, but not Gargano.

In the ring: I think they're about the same in terms of wrestling. After a while they're diluted and I don't care for either.

On the mic: I can't believe anyone saying Gargano is better. He's not bad, rather good actually. But, Adam Cole is smooth, he's natural, his pace and timing is perfect, and he's believable. I think Cole is the best on the mic in NXT for the past few years. That said, his content of 'undisputed har har har' is getting old. As soon as he goes singles he'll be brought to the main roster.

look: they're both really short and look like a skinny web developer. I don't put a lot of value in looks unless it's negative to your performance (you look weak and ARE weak, that's an issue). I think they're both in great shape and look like athletes, so I expect them to wrestle the way they do. I'll say their look matches their style, but it's not for me.

Character: My issue with both characters is that they're just great wrestlers. I expect someone in WWE to be a good wrestler, hence they're in WWE. If you're character is that you're better than the other great wrestler, when should I care? You should all feel you're better than the other wrestlers. Luckily, against one another we got to see them play the basic heel v babyface dynamic wonderfully. But, it wasn't exciting. I would say both characters are non-existent. But, they do the very basic expectations in wrestling better than anyone else.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts