Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know John Cena is still THE man in the WWE, but my question is, who is that 2nd guy behind him? Like Rock was to Austin. Between Punk & Bryan, who do you guys feel is the second TOP babyface?​

·
Premium Member
18,174 Posts
Sheamus :side:. In terms of the question i'd say Punk has pretty much been treated as the 2nd biggest guy since 2011 really. Seems to have had most of the major feuds that didn't involve Cena.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Right now Punk is the number 2 guy and Bryan is trying to get to 2b. I think Bryan has significant advantages over Punk though. He's over with the same crowd John Cena is over with. He doesn't have to bring in a new audience or usher in edgy tv to be on Cena's level. Because of that he can team up with Cena and not look like he's selling out.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Woah 1B? You need to have a pitcher and catcher first before we set up an infield.

Oh...wrong term...

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
Even though Daniel Bryan's position on the card is higher than Punk's at the moment (he's involved in the WWE Title picture and main eventing PPV and Raw whereas Punk is battling midcarders like Ryback and Curtis Axel in the middle of the card, and Punk isn't even involved in the main angle with revolting against the HHH regime like Bryan and 99.9% of the roster is), I think in the grand scheme of things, they're pretty much neck and neck in terms of importance to the company. Punk and Bryan could switch places and I don't think there'd be any significant difference in ratings or PPV buyrates or anything tangible or measurable like that. They're both clearly below John Cena, who is still sitting on his throne as the golden boy of the company.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
who's fault is that though? they show Bryan's shortcomings to the audience every single week and make him look weak...yeah he's winning matches, but then he keeps getting his ass handed to him after the match. Making fun of his size and his look over and over again...it's obvious they don't want us to take him seriously. so they never booked him to his full potential, isnt that obvious? so how does he get a good buyrate with that? explain that to me! if you can't take him seriously because they clearly dont' want us to, how is he supposed to bring in good business if they treat him like a joke?

·
Registered
360 Posts
We had this discussion some time ago but about punk and orton. It was clear then that punk was or was going higher but this one is tricky. For now punk is no doubt second behind cena. We will have to wait until road to wm to see how wwe view their position.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
Punks is the 2A and Bryan the 2B. 1B would imply the guy is rivalling John Cena as the top guy which in neither of both cases is true as the difference in starpower is quite huge.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
once again, who's fault is that? you guys need to stop blaming the performers and start blaming the writers. The crowds love these people, maybe people outside wrestling would like them and know who they are, if they didn't have Cena doing all the promotional work.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.