Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to say i dont appreciate the Punk/Bryan feud going on and what great matches/build up it will bring, it seems a little to early, i was expecting this, but just later down the line. What would have been more appropriate, if Christian came back after the beat down Punk gave him, became #1 contender and feuded with him instead of Bryan

Why i think it is important because it builds upon storyline that was already there, instead this moment (beat down of Christian at the hands of Punk) will most likely be forgotten and swept under the rug.

On top of that, since the trade of Del Rio to Smackdown, a trade of Christian to the Raw brand would seem fair. I have no idea what their plans are for Bryan as he is still wrestling both shows.

Your thoughts on what if they went with this storyline and saved the Bryan/Punk for a main PPV like Summerslam or Survivor Series..

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I would love to see a feud between the two but Punk vs Bryan is awesome too.

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
Promos would be great but the problem is WWE has completely destroyed Christian's credibility as a heel or a challenger for world title, sadly. He will be midcarding for the foreseeable future imo.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
It terms of kayfabe, a Del Rio-Christian trade would be really lop-sided.

And yeah, a Punk/Bryan feud a few years down the track would have been epic, but WWE can never hold off on these sort of things.

·
Banned
833 Posts
I don't want to see a Midcard feud thats it, it doesn't put any credibility to the title. Punk should move up not down people will not care about the feud that has no star power.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Both seem like awesome feuds, but I'll stick with Punk vs. Bryan. Would love to see Punk feud with Christian after he's done with Bryan, perhaps around SummerSlam.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I pick Punk vs Christian cause there is a still time for the Bryan feud. But never gonna happen.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Why instead? But kayfabe wise it wouldn't make a lot of sense at all. Christian is not that credible to be in the WWE championship picture, and I'd rather they not acknowledge his heinous beatdown on TV ever again, even if it is to set up a WWE championship match. They could have a match one day, but it would benefit more 'up and coming' stars to have that place, instead of trying to rebuild Christian's wrecked credibility (which they have no intention of doing anyway but I digress)
It terms of kayfabe, a Del Rio-Christian trade would be really lop-sided.

And yeah, a Punk/Bryan feud a few years down the track would have been epic, but WWE can never hold off on these sort of things.
Edge vs Christian says hello.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
This would require Vince to show faith in Christian other than at a time of pure desperation. They're never gonna push Christian towards the top if they have a back-up option. With so many indy call ups I think Christian's chances at breaking back into the main event are zero.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
They didn't hold off on Edge vs Christian, they just didn't care.
They teased it repeatedly from the moment that Christian came back to the WWE. I don't know why they kept teasing it and holding it off, but they seriously derped on that one.

Also how they held Cena vs Batista until Batista's career was nearly over and his starpower was diminished, I never understood that one.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Daniel Bryan probably has a better chance of winning the WWE title than Christian would if he were to feud with CM Punk.

·
Banned
787 Posts
Daniel Bryan has zero chance winning wwe title.But if he wins than wwe championship is worthless.Daniel Bryan is a poor`s man of a nerdy wrestling fan just like all of you.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
They teased it repeatedly from the moment that Christian came back to the WWE. I don't know why they kept teasing it and holding it off, but they seriously derped on that one.

Also how they held Cena vs Batista until Batista's career was nearly over and his starpower was diminished, I never understood that one.
Didn't they do it at SummerSlam 08, but Cena got injured?

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
^ Jeez did Daniel Bryan cut you in line somewhere or take your parking spot?

·
Banned
787 Posts
^ Jeez did Daniel Bryan cut you in line somewhere or take your parking spot?
he didnt nothing to me.But i hate fans who say he`s the best, others are nothing compare to him.Shut the hell up .i will never give a crap about him.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts