Wrestling Forum banner

Who Would You Rather See As The Next Ultimate Underdog?

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rey Mysterio won't be around forever so perhaps there will be a new "Rey" that WWE will push to the top. I'd rather pick Evan Bourne instead of Kaval to be honest. He's younger, and he has more marketable look, his movesets are also very crowds pleasing. And overall i prefer Bourne anyway. Kaval is a total beast in the ring despite his size and his offenses are very stiff, so an underdog status doesn't really suit him imo, even though WWE seems to be leaning towards that direction for him at the moment. How about you?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not Justin Gabriel?

Bourne is completely void of any personality and Kaval looks like a cashew.
Gabriel doesn't really look like an "underdog" in my eyes, and WWE has built him as a quite dominant force so far instead of as an underdog, not to mention that he's destroyed plenty of main eventers with his 450 splash.

·
Registered
99 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underdog_(competition)

"An underdog is a person or group in a competition, frequently in electoral politics, sports and creative works, who is popularly expected to lose. The party, team or individual expected to win is called the favo(u)rite or top dog. In the rare case where an underdog wins, the outcome is an upset"

Why is Mysterio still referred to as an underdog? He stopped being an underdog when he started winning the majority of his matches and won the WHC.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
Neither. Both aren't good enough.

How about somebody with charisma? Maybe mic skills? It's not too much to ask.

Or, how about nobody? Because it's a stupid gimmick to begin with.

If I had to choose between these 2 colossal turds, I'd pick Kaval, but that's NOT saying much. Evan Bourne is as bad as Morrison.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

"An underdog is a person or group in a competition, frequently in electoral politics, sports and creative works, who is popularly expected to lose. The party, team or individual expected to win is called the favo(u)rite or top dog. In the rare case where an underdog wins, the outcome is an upset"

Why is Mysterio still referred to as an underdog? He stopped being an underdog when he started winning the majority of his matches and won the WHC.
Yeah that doesn't make sense, by WWE's logic it seems if you're 'small' then you're an underdog, lol. Perhaps "The Ultimate Underdog" is just a moniker for him anyway, and the kids seem to buy into it so i can't really blame them for keeping calling Rey as such.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Nobody's going to replace Mysterio in my opinion. There have always been small guys and big guys and average size guys, but there's only ever been one Rey Mysterio. But as for the two superstars in question, I much prefer Kaval. Bourne's shooting star press is cool but it's nothing new. He's really good at selling, I'll give him that. The one thing he does that really impresses me is the jumping hurricanrana from the mat to an opponent sitting on the turnbuckle. That's pretty bad ass.

·
Pico pal q lee
3,114 Posts
I don't wanna see anyone with the "Ultimate Underdog" gimmick again, WWE can't book that type of character. It always ends up with a terrible match agains a stiff giant or a horrible storyline were the underdog always looks like a pussy or a wimp.

Most of the faces look like shit and it gets worse when they are "big underdogs"

·
Registered
99 Posts
I dunno about Bourne because I don't remember ever hearing him on the mic, but I think Kaval's mic skills are decent enough.

Rey Mysterio is pretty average on the mic but he's very over because he can connect with the audience and I believe both Bourne and Kaval can do the same.

WWE could easily push either one of these guys to the top because they're both exciting to watch, and even has jobbers they are very popular.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

Well, you're right, but kayfabe-wise he's still the underdog. That's just part of his character. The WWE wants us to forget that he wins 98% of the time.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Kaval over Bourne for sure .. Bourne looks like a smiling good guy who is about to get his ass kicked every time he comes to the ring .. He has no personality .. Kaval shows some sparks all the time, but still has a long way to go .. Although, he can cut some decent promos and go in the ring ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts