Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 747 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would you prefer to see in AEW? Why or why not?

I can't help but remember the big push Alex Riley was getting in WWE before a backstage incident with John Cena, I felt he had a lot of potential that will now never happen in WWE. I would like to see him come to AEW and see if he can give it another go. I felt the man could cut promos and be a good babyface. Which is something that AEW could use.

What are some of your picks?

·
Banned
79 Posts
Cena, Miz, Orton, and Jeff Hardy for the men.

Bliss, Morgan, Deville, and the Iconics for the women.

As for the commentators I wouldn't mind seeing JBL back on commentary full time or even a JR and the King reunion or even a Tony Schievone and Mike Tenay reunion.

Authority Figures Bischoff and Russo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cena, Miz, Orton, and Jeff Hardy for the men.

Bliss, Morgan, Deville, and the Iconics for the women.

As for the commentators I wouldn't mind seeing JBL back on commentary full time or even a JR and the King reunion or even a Tony Schievone and Mike Tenay reunion.

Authority Figures Bischoff and Russo.
Look I would love to see Miz to go there but I can't see Cena, or Orton leaving. Jeff is more then likely going to be there with Matt being there.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bliss but one I would like to add is Sasha Banks. Last but not least I would like to see Lacey Von Erich and Kelly Kelly.

However Why Russo and Bischoff, they sort of destroyed WCW..

·
Banned
79 Posts
Look I would love to see Miz to go there but I can't see Cena, or Orton leaving. Jeff is more then likely going to be there with Matt being there.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bliss but one I would like to add is Sasha Banks. Last but not least I would like to see Lacey Von Erich and Kelly Kelly.

However Why Russo and Bischoff, they sort of destroyed WCW..

Why not? It's Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo.

I wouldn't mind seeing Madison Rayne or Taryn Terrell in AEW either for the women either.

·
Registered
333 Posts
In hindsight they probably should have out bid WWE and got Edge. He's a legit star and would've avoided that TNA feel that guys like Jeff Hardy and even Rey Mysterio would invoke in people.

They had a limited budget last year but maybe now they'll whip out the check book. They needed a Goldberg, Batista, Edge, Punk level star.

For the women, they missed out on Scarlett Bordeaux.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Hmm I think they need someone creative and experienced for the women's division. Just listening to the Talk is Jericho podcast it seems like "The Boys" are mostly booking themselves. This might explain why the women's division is bad, since most of the women are inexperienced. Just trying to learn how to wrestle rather than coming up with angles.

That being said, I can't see any of WWE's top women leaving for AEW, since AEW has a much worse women's division, so it's a bit of a catch-22

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
18,145 Posts
There are some real good guys in the indies who they could sign off their charisma alone that would elevate the shows they're already putting on.

I really like Fred Yehi - but also guys like Fatu, Pillman Jr, Starr.

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
Why are people wanting wwe people in AEW This is not the 80s and 90s when these promotions acutlly had hot compelling talent to move the needle. They dont have anyone that is A STAR. At this point aew is better off focusing on trying to find break out stars from the indies like they have been doing. I mean nothing wrong with one or to wwe guys here and there but that shouldnot be the focus because i dont think they have done a good job finding the ones. But that is because everyone comes to them for the most part

Its a big shame all this stuff has happened cus aew was slowly on a roll building up a couple newer talents that are more over than anyone else on the roster. Which says it all

Its like why does the AEW product look like wwe,Big mistake.They should have tried harder to be different. That is what wcw did

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Id like to see Khan make a huge investment and purchase TNA, ROH, MLW, & NWA along with signing the available big names to the contracts that it would take to get them here.

AEW World Championship

Mox (C)
Brock
Punk
Jericho
Cody
Omega

National Champ (use NWA belt, top midcard belt, last step to main events)

MJF
Hangman Page
Nick Aldis (C)
Pentagon Jr.
Pac
Brian Cage

Major League Champ (use MLW belt, lower midcard belt, signifies that you made it to the Majors, headed to the top)

Jake Hager
Jacob Fatu (C)
Eli Drake
Moose
Luchasauras
Santana (in big on him as singles guy)

X Division

Sammy Guevara
Darby Allin
Jungle Boy
Ray Fenix
Marty Squirrel
Adam Cole

Tag Team Division

FTR
Young Bucks
nZo & Cass
Hart 2.0 (Pillman Jr & Baby Bulldog) w/Bret Hart as manager
MurderHawks (Archer & Wardlow) w/Jake the Snake as manager
Briscos from ROH

The remaining guys can go to Ring of Honor, AEW owned development, they do touring Wed-Sat weekly in small bingo halls and shit. Dark Order abducts Matt Hardy the first Dynamite after the merger and they head down there and anchor development/ROH. I like more of a mix of vets and up and comers for ROH rather than all developmental guys, gives them a chance to work with some vets on their way up).

Hammestone (Champ and first to move up when day comes)
Matt Hardy
Brodie Lee (Dark Order: Lee, Grayson, Blade, Butcher, & Bunny)
Parker Beaudreaux (starts at very bottom and goes level by level up)
Trent (needs new name and gimmick but the talent is obvious, great worker)
Rush from ROH (needs seasoning here, will make it to main roster in time)
Jay Lethal (solid vet to keep around and develop new gen)
Eddie Edwards (see Lethal, Jay)
Lightweight Division, future X guys: Kip Sabian, Flip Gordon, Desmond Xavier, Chris Bey, Daga
Joey Janella

ROH Tag Teams:

Private Party (needs alot of work, great place for them)
The North from Impact
Motor City Machine Guns (great vet team to have around/put over)
Von Erichs (great young team from MLW)
Blade & Butcher w/Bunny (part of Dark Order with Lee & Grayson)
SCU (Daniels out at this point, Kaz & Scorpio Sky, this team goes back and forth between main and ROH)

I feel now is the time for Khan to be spending money. Some of the smaller companies gotta be hurting. He can build a network around theiir libraries and then have one per month.

8 main roster PPVs, one every 6 weeks. For those 4 odd months where you wouldn't have one, you have a ROH developmental show. You show ROH once a week on the network, part of their tour. Powerr has the AEW brand on it, AEW Powerr, and it continues to showcase the lower card guys not getting as much television time. Id make it family friendly and put it on Saturday mornings, brand it for the kids. It can go on the new AEW+ that has new documentaries weekly, all the ppvs, a weekly ROH show and a weekly Powerr show, both just one hour.

The four weekly ROH tour dates are a great place for lower card guys to get extra work in with all the developmental guys. Win/win for guys that need reps and helps sell tickets.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Id like to see Khan make a huge investment and purchase TNA, ROH, MLW, & NWA along with signing the available big names to the contracts that it would take to get them here.

AEW World Championship

Mox (C)
Brock
Punk
Jericho
Cody
Omega

National Champ (use NWA belt, top midcard belt, last step to main events)

MJF
Hangman Page
Nick Aldis (C)
Pentagon Jr.
Pac
Brian Cage

Major League Champ (use MLW belt, lower midcard belt, signifies that you made it to the Majors, headed to the top)

Jake Hager
Jacob Fatu (C)
Eli Drake
Moose
Luchasauras
Santana (in big on him as singles guy)

X Division

Sammy Guevara
Darby Allin
Jungle Boy
Ray Fenix
Marty Squirrel
Adam Cole

Tag Team Division

FTR
Young Bucks
nZo & Cass
Hart 2.0 (Pillman Jr & Baby Bulldog) w/Bret Hart as manager
MurderHawks (Archer & Wardlow) w/Jake the Snake as manager
Briscos from ROH

The remaining guys can go to Ring of Honor, AEW owned development, they do touring Wed-Sat weekly in small bingo halls and shit. Dark Order abducts Matt Hardy the first Dynamite after the merger and they head down there and anchor development/ROH. I like more of a mix of vets and up and comers for ROH rather than all developmental guys, gives them a chance to work with some vets on their way up).

Hammestone (Champ and first to move up when day comes)
Matt Hardy
Brodie Lee (Dark Order: Lee, Grayson, Blade, Butcher, & Bunny)
Parker Beaudreaux (starts at very bottom and goes level by level up)
Trent (needs new name and gimmick but the talent is obvious, great worker)
Rush from ROH (needs seasoning here, will make it to main roster in time)
Jay Lethal (solid vet to keep around and develop new gen)
Eddie Edwards (see Lethal, Jay)
Lightweight Division, future X guys: Kip Sabian, Flip Gordon, Desmond Xavier, Chris Bey, Daga
Joey Janella

ROH Tag Teams:

Private Party (needs alot of work, great place for them)
The North from Impact
Motor City Machine Guns (great vet team to have around/put over)
Von Erichs (great young team from MLW)
Blade & Butcher w/Bunny (part of Dark Order with Lee & Grayson)
SCU (Daniels out at this point, Kaz & Scorpio Sky, this team goes back and forth between main and ROH)
I'm not even going to comment on Brock and Punk jumping to AEW.

Why would all those promotions sell to Khan? ROH is owned by a TV network who uses them for content and ad revenue, Impact is hell bent on being it's own entity, the NWA is a multi millionaires attempt at wrestling and I don't know much about MLW but I doubt they'd sell either.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

Why would all those promotions sell to Khan? ROH is owned by a TV network who uses them for content and ad revenue, Impact is hell bent on being it's own entity, the NWA is a multi millionaires attempt at wrestling and I don't know much about MLW but I doubt they'd sell either.
Theyd all sell for the right price. Impact asked Tony to buy them already once. ROH has tried selling to Vince. NWA is owner by a guy with less than $60 million total net worth. Any of them would sale for the right price.

All it takes is a giant check for them and for Brock/Punk. Punk has already said that neither company is dangling the right carrots, that is code for show me the money. His impact on the brand is worth every penny, imagine Jericho on steroids if you will, it would send shockwaves.

Lesnar will follow the money. If WWE is giving him $12 million per, AEW needs to go $18 million per. He immediately legitimizes everything whether you hardcores want to admit it or not. There is a reason WWE is running 5 hours of Brock on ESPN. He is THE icon of the business right now, the most legitimate guy in the game.

This would be a $100 million+ investment, easily, to get all 6. But I am looking at it from a point of view where Khan puts all the money he has coming in + his own to build something gigantic that, in turns, gets the type of TV rights deals that Raw gets in 4 years when they are up.

It would be far more aggressive than what Tony is doing now. He is being very frugal, when Edge left his negotiations with a $3 million deal, he should have called that night at $4.5 million. He treats it like there is a salary cap. The biggest businesses are built alot of times during hard times. Khan has the money to buy WWE outright, he can definitely spend a small faction of that $100-$200 million, to get his company much more higher profile.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

Personally, If I'm Khan, I'm going to MLW and offering to buy out the contracts of Hammerstone and Fatu while paying a few extra million on the side so they are able to go out and pay for a few replacement talents; it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Personally, If I'm Khan, I'm going to MLW and offering to buy out the contracts of Hammerstone and Fatu while paying a few extra million on the side so they are able to go out and pay for a few replacement talents; it's worth a shot.
Cept I’m greedy and want Hart 2 and Von Erichs also!!!

·
Registered
17,256 Posts
FATU, easily. Still young, fresh and a damaging fucker with a good luck and skillset.

Hammerstone- Solid Midcarder

Von Erichs - Good tag team babyface team. Give them a little edge and they could be even some good heels.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Lesnar will follow the money. If WWE is giving him $12 million per, AEW needs to go $18 million per. He immediately legitimizes everything whether you hardcores want to admit it or not. There is a reason WWE is running 5 hours of Brock on ESPN. He is THE icon of the business right now, the most legitimate guy in the game.
If Lesnar's contract Is up in May/June, When will Khan be able to talk to him and offer a deal?

·
Registered
11,855 Posts
Edge was always going to go back to WWE has he felt he owed Vince. Also Vince paid WAY more than AEW was offering. AEW wanted Edge all the way back to be a surprise at All Out PPV - he would have been an interesting get but he's a wwe lifer.

Hammerstone wants to be in WWE. He's tried out there 2-3 times now. I don't think Fatu wanted to go against WWE given basically the rest of his extended family is there. I think MLW has enough money/co-promotional deals right now and could vault to #3 in the US soon enough. Impact has a dreadful roster and will only keep bleeding it's top talent to WWE vs AEW bidding wars. I don't know the politics of it all, but I could see NJPW buying RoH and using it as it's American brand off shoot.

Corgan's overhead is likely very small given none are on exclusive contracts and he's a internet studio show. This talent also seems to be the types who've burned bridges elsewhere so he's not at risk of losing them to any bidding war or talent raid.

1 - 20 of 747 Posts