Wrestling Forum banner

Who would you book as "Kurt Angle's They" in TNA

1494 17
For me I would have went with Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas. I mean it's an obvious choice. I would program them with Beer Money.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
10,027 Posts
AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Samoa Joe(TNA Frontline)

or

Low Ki and Homicide (Rottweilers!)

or

Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards(The American Wolves)

·
Registered
12,896 Posts
AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Samoa Joe(TNA Frontline)

or

Low Ki and Homicide (Rottweilers!)

or

Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards(The American Wolves)
Either of those would be great,But I think it would be better/more logical&realistic that it would be AJ/Daniels&Joe over the rest.

Benjamin&Hass would've been nice too But there already taken&kicking ass in ROH!

·
You are being watched
6,782 Posts
I woulda loved it to have been Eric Angle :lmao

But in all seriousness, AJ/Joe/Daniels would have been great, as would Jerry Lynn and Low-Ki somewhere in the mix. I don't know, I didn't specifically want anyone, I just knew who I didn't want to be and that was the MEM, which thankfully we didn't get. Fourtune makes sense though, i'm now interested to see what Flair does.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Benjamin and Haas would have been the obvious choice, Someone earlier tried to point out that they were already taken as they were with ROH which isn't really true as first they're not under contract to ROH, they're on PPA deals and secondly Christopher Daniels a guy ROH had under contract has just returned to TNA so ROH contracts don't mean shit.

The Angle, Haas, Benjamin, Steiner thing could have worked as all four are standout Ameteur wrestlers and that aspect could have been played up.

Maybe even talk Lashley into some kind of return as he also has a standout ameteur background and could add to the deal assuming you could make a deal with him.

I know Lashley is doing MMA but he was during his previous TNA run also so that wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Shelton and Haas would of made sense
but Fortune is a good choice also, just a shame there is so many loop holes

for example, Crimson choking out AJ (when they were on backstage cam, when they aren't meant to see the camera) and telling him "They" are coming

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I've been saying Haas and Benjamin should have been in TNA months ago to reform Team Angle. Or, in TNA's case the "Angle Alliance".

Maybe still have A.J. turn on Immortal and leaving Fourtune, and maybe bring back Christopher Daniels.

That way, the guys who were great heels in Fourtune, Kaz and Beer Money could stay heel. Maybe bring in someone like Desmond Wolfe or Hernandez to take A.J.'s place.

That way, you could have WGTT feuding with Beer Money for the belts. A.J. feuding with Desmond would bring about some great matches.

Then, maybe Daniels would feud with Kaz for the X Division title. Although, I'd probably prefer Kaz feuding with Chris Sabin.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
7,854 Posts
I don't know. I don't really see any big "winning" combination here, to be honest.

I mean, it would be great to see Benjamin and Haas enter the TNA fray. I'd particularly be interested in seeing them compete in the tag division against the likes of the Guns, Beer Money, and Gen Me. They could really tear down the house on a number of cards for the next few months.

Beyond that, I just don't know. Steiner always plays the colorful character card well enough, but I don't know how well that meshes with Angle's current persona. I mean, Angle is supposed to be Mr. Intensity. He's the uber-athlete. The Wrestling Machine. The guy to out-maneuver Jarrett in the MMA game.

But it sort of diminishes his intensity when he's standing next to Mr. Testosterone himself, Scotty Steiner. I'm a huge fan of Poppa Pump, but I don't think the placement of him at Angle's side is what's best at the moment. If anything, I'd like to see him as the lone loose cannon. He did the "Hitman" routine for the Main Event Mafia well enough, but that's a different role altogether.

If anything, it'd make more sense for him to be Jarrett's muscle. In all honesty though, I'd like to see him side with Pope.

As for Kurt's stable? Benji, Haas, and Davey fucking Richards would be ace. But that's practically fantasy booking. So, in reality, I don't see anyone being a "perfect" fit - barring the idea of TNA signing Benji and Haas to contracts.

Morgan, Steiner, and all the like just don't fit that well, in my eyes. Of course, that's why we debate & discuss these things. We all have different ideas & expectations.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.