Wrestling Forum banner

Who would benefit from being a regular on NxT?

632 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  craig100 
#1 · (Edited)
WWE has a lot of solid workers but being a solid worker is only half the job, you also need something that clicks with the crowd and NxT became the place where lowcarders learn to find their groove.

Over there the Superstars don't have to worry about ratings or anything like that but just try and get over...

So who should become a NxT regular and learn how to grab the brass ring?

Personally I feel that Drew Mc Intyre should be on NxT, Drew has the look, the skills and the tools to make it in this business but somehow he can't connect with the audience, and that losing streak on Smackdown certainly didn't help one bit.

An other guy that I feel should be on NxT is Ted Dibiase Jr. who is pretty much in the same situation as Drew Mc.

#2 · (Edited)
Zack Ryder. Don't get me wrong, the guy's already over and is in a better spot than most of the other undercarders. However, because WWE doesn't build up an actual midcarde, Ryder is stuck as a jobber to the main event heels. And he usually loses decisively and isn't booked to put up much of a fight other than hitting all of his signatures before getting walloped. Kofi Kingston has taken the likes of Daniel Bryan and Chris Jericho to the limits. Even Alex Riley just had a 13 minute match with Miz on Superstars. Ryder by comparison usually ends up losing to these same guys in 2 minutes or less.

Ryder could be built a bit and booked into being less of a pushover if he were around guys closer to his own level. Also, I feel that if Ryder were on NXT, they could try to build the entire show around him, and test the idea of him being the top face of a brand. Let Ryder be the "top face of NXT" IN ADDITION TO his current spot on RAW.

#5 ·
Jack Swagger is top of the list of guys who should be on NXT as WWE obviously wants to push him but he has never really clicked with his character ot the audience. The next I would say Tyson Kidd and give him as much mic time as possible to help him improve. I would theb say Mason Ryan in a heel monster role and let him develop his character, it also gives him mic time and in the ring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.