Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rather than just releasing a randomnly compiled list for their recent 50 best superstars DVD they should have got wwe wrestlers past and present to vote for their greatest superstar and then have them explain their reasons on the DVD itself. Would have been far more interesting. So I was wondering if you guys could help me decide who the votes would go for. These are the ones that I either know of or are pretty confident about.

Kofi Kingston would vote for Ricky Steamboat

Called him his fave in an interview.

Bret Hart would vote for Dynamite Kid

Used his own catchphrase to describe how good he was in the ring.

Triple H, Chris Jericho and Ric Flair would vote for Shawn Michaels

Edge would vote for Hulk Hogan

Kurt Angle would vote for Bret Hart

Austin and Undertaker would vote for Ric Flair

Does anyone know of or can they hazard a guess at anymore? If the list had been compiled this way I think HBK would have won by a landslide.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, is there a source? I really enjoy reading about wrestler's idols.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Cheers, is there a source? I really enjoy reading about wrestler's idols.
It was on a Smackdown episode, it was one of those Stand Up for WWE promos I think.

The Miz also said in an interview that his favorites growing up were The Rockers, Demolition, & L.O.D.

Here's the link
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2010/0608/528954/miz-interview/index.shtml

Also Triple H's favorite is Ric Flair not Shawn Michaels.

Mr. Kennedy's favorite is Steve Austin, he loved him so much he named his dog after him.

Shelton Benjamin's favorite is Shawn Michaels.

There was also a thread on here with a video of Sheamus telling his favorite wrestler.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cena would probably vote for Hogan. If he was allowed his own opinion of course. He would probably have to vote for whoever Vince told him to vote for.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Cena would vote for Hogan and Austin. Afterall, they were his predecessors and heroes.

Punk would vote for Austin.

Flair would vote for Flair, right after calling Sting, Dusty, Terry Funk and Shawn Michaels his favourite opponent ever.

Shawn and Triple H would vote for Flair.

Vince would vote for Austin.

Jericho would vote for Steamboat.

Austin would vote for Flair.

Orton would vote for Jake the Snake Roberts.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
There is no way Jericho would vote for anyone but HBK. You clearly haven't seen the clips in which he talks about him in the manner of a wide eyed schoolgirl

Flair would also vote for HBK in an instant and has said in many interviews even prior to the retirement storyline that he considered HBK to be the greatest of all time.

JR has stated his two favourites are Flair and Michaels.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Jericho grew up worshiping Steamboat. It was all over his DVD. Its clear he loves Shawn but Steamboat is on his own realm.

And Flair, would vote for himself. He was an ego that size of Jupiter. He contradicts himself so much in interviews its ridiculous. He's called Steamboat, Sting, Dusty, Shawn each on separate occasions, sometimes on the same DVD, "his favourite opponent". But he always said "He was good, but i was better"

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're right about Flair. The man is a walking contradiction.

Jericho very recently however declared that HBK is the greatest on his twitter account.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think we can all agree that Hulk Hogan would vote for Hulk Hogan.
What's hillarious is that he probably would try and find a way to vote for himself if such a poll took place.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about Bryan Danielson? I can imagine his favourite being any number of people.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Its probably Regal. He trained him, and he dresses like him.

That or Steamboat. I see alot of similarities between the two.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
Truth would vote for Rock.

The Game would vote for Flair.

Jericho would vote for Steambot I guess.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interestingly enough Regal fought Danielson at a house show I attended recently and aftet the match declared that Danielson is the only guy he's ever fought who he considered to be even better than himself. He seemed very genuine too .

Jericho would vote for Steambot I guess.
Jericho would definitely vote for HBK. He has referred to him as the Mozart of wrestling and a genius inside the squared circle.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I could see The Undertaker voting for Jake Roberts, didn't he base his dark promos from some of Jake's stuff? If true I could see him voting for him.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The Miz would vote for The Rock
Mick Foley would vote for the Funker or superfly
wracking my brains to think of anyone who would vote for Harley Race he deserves to be high up there

Reactions: obby

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Miz would vote for The Rock
Is this speculation or have you read / seen it somewhere. That wasn't meant to sound condescending, I'm just curious.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts