Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know, it was Hulk Hogan at first who was the super man. After that John Cena was his replacement for the superman goodie 2 shoes character... Now whos going to replace Cena after he retires or after he turns heel?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
depends how long cena has got left on the top spot (which i think is a LONG TIME) but im guessing its gonna be someone we havn't seen much of yet

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
Hulk Hogan stopped being the WWE's "Superman" in 1993, John Cena didn't take up the role until 2006 so we could be 15 years away from the next person to the the actual super style push. With that in mind I'll say we've not even seen the person yet, who'll get that push.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
yeah, but he lost far more often than any of those guys

hell, you could make an argument that post 2008, Cena has REALLY toned it down most of the time

·
Registered
348 Posts
dont get why rocks not on the list he always used to kick out on near falls then do his comeback and win.
Did you actually ever watch wrestling? Rock lost almost twice as much as he won. Almost the opposite of a Main Event Cena.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Did you actually ever watch wrestling? Rock lost almost twice as much as he won. Almost the opposite of a Main Event Cena.
as a kid yeh. the faces in wwe were always more dominant than the heels whereas in wcw the heels always got one over faces. agree with rock losing more than cena did during his run but that didnt stop him from his super rocky act.

·
Unlimited Potential
3,048 Posts
Out of the current roster, Sheamus. However, I don't think the next superman is here yet. I think he's yet to make his debut. CM Punk doesn't have the size, Orton's a failed project so yeah, Sheamus.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hulk Hogan stopped being the WWE's "Superman" in 1993, John Cena didn't take up the role until 2006 so we could be 15 years away from the next person to the the actual super style push. With that in mind I'll say we've not even seen the person yet, who'll get that push.
Sheamus says: "hi there, FELLA.!"

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I think they are trying with Sheamus, but it doesnt work. The superman formular is not working, atm. I think Cena's heel turn wont happen, untill you've got the next big face in place. The trouble is, noone is ready for it. It's not about build. It's about finding the guy, who can carry the company. Not one of the young guys has that quality, imho.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Sheamus really got screwed at Wrestlemania. Instead of a Cena-esk "taking out the bad guy whose held the title for a long time (Mark Henry), he has an 18 second match with Bryan, where he has no chance to showcase his abilities or have a legit "WM moment".

Sheamus isn't doing well becuase he's both unlucky (Henry's injury causing him to lose the title) and bad booking (18 seconds at WM? Who the fuck booked that?)

·
Registered
16 Posts
only one i can think of is sheamus

1 - 20 of 53 Posts