Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.1%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So with this year being the year of awesome and WWE's youth movement in full force, who will be the big thing in 2011?

1) Wade Barret

Barret exploded onto the scene and it's quite clear WWE has big plans for his future, guaranteed first English world champion ever, unless he fucks up big time.

2) Alberto Del Rio

Another great choice, although he is not "youth", he also exploded onto the scene, making Rey Mysterio tap out on his first night on Smackdown, obviously WWE has big stock in this guy and he will bring in the Mexican demographic once Rey leaves.

3) "Dashing" Cody Rhodes

Although he has been booked shoddily for his entire career, he shows lots of promise and is very over with the fans, however he needs a couple big fueds first in order to fully make it, perhaps 2012 is more suited for him.

4) Daniel Bryan

2010 has been a very crazy year for him, being hired, fired and hired again, WWE obviously really likes him and rumour has it both Vince and HHH are big fans, which is never a bad thing. His character hasn't been too good since he came back and that bad ass persona from NXT seems to be gone, however I can see him being pushed.

5) John Morrison

One of the biggest enigmas in WWE, incredible in the ring, has the look but is at times God awful and cringy on the mic, however he can be great on it at other times, as seen in his Dirt Sheet promos. WWE always seem to give him a bit of a push, near main event level and then just give up on him. However, maybe his TLC match was the thing which finally gave them faith, we will see.

6) Dolph Ziggler

This man has came a long way in a year, seriously he was at one point one of the most under-rated performers on the roster, but ever since his fued with Bryan WWE has started to take REAL notice of him, culminating in him going toe to toe with Cena last night, bravo Dolph. Now we need to see if he can hack it at main event level.

Now obviously there's more but I cannot be bothered writing up for them, they will appear in the poll.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Barrett and Del Rio are the sure things. Nobody else is really showing strong signs, except arguably Morrison, but nowhere near to the level they are. I'm still not convinced as far as Morrison goes, but it's the closest he's ever been.

In a fair world, I'd kill to see Alex Riley make it big, but he's totally finished. He'll be gone in 2011, as unfortunate as that is.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Alberto Del Rio and Barrett for sure.

I'd like to see Kofi get a bigger push

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
In a fair world, I'd kill to see Alex Riley make it big, but he's totally finished. He'll be gone in 2011, as unfortunate as that is.
He fucked his own career in the ass, there's nothing unfair about it. The guy's a fucking dumbass.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Barrett and Del Rio will both have a world championship each by summerslam, will be incredibly surprised if that's not the case.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Vintage™;9157974 said:
He fucked his own career in the ass, there's nothing unfair about it. The guy's a fucking dumbass.
So is Randy Orton, and they gave him chance after chance after chance, and he doesn't have half the talent Riley does.

Just because a guy makes one mistake, it shouldn't ruin his career. I don't care how bad a guy we're talking about. If you kill a guy for 1 mistake, half of their big stars wouldn't have existed.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Alberto Del Rio and Wade Barrett are locks for a title reign.

Everyone else is completly up to the way they are booked from here going forward. Guys like Ziggler, Bryan and Rhodes i can see all of them having a massive year, and yet i can see all of them doing nothing aswell.

As for Alex Riley, he SHOULD be a WWE champion in the future. The guy has it all. And as much as he's made a fool of himself in his first year, you just dont let talent like that go after a few mistakes. He's obviously going to have to work alot harder now than he normally would have, but im sure Vince McMahon can see the talent that we can see. He is essentially a ready made replacement for Mr Kennedy. As far as im concerned he is a star, and has more talent than allmost the entire roster, he should be given the opportunity to prove it.

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I won't get on some moral high horse on Riley, everyone makes mistakes, but he endangered other people's lives by drink driving and for that he should be punished in my opinion. He just has to pay his dues and in ~4 years I can definitely see him being a big player, but for now he just has to ride it out and get as much exposure as possible.

·
Forever Blowing Bubbles!
4,889 Posts
All I'm gonna say is the future generation is looking much more promising after 2010. I've given the WWE some critisism in the past about the lack of pushing new talent, but they have certainly done that this year and the future looks brighter because of it. Not like they had a choice though with the few established stars they have left.

In answer to your question- ADR, Ziggler, Morrison, Barrett, and Bryan look the most promising.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
Barrett is definately my pick. I'm a little surprised he wasn't given the WWE Title this year, but I can definately see him winning the title in 2011.

I'll also go with Del Rio. I'll be honest, I didn't think much of this guy when he first debuted. Now, I'm definately a Del Rio fan, and see big things in store for him. He'll be World Champion by Summerslam.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
everyone on that list is either too indy not enough charisma or has had their day already

except for alberto, wwe dont need the guys above to step up but hey we need a new latino to replace Rey Rey am i right?

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
I think next year will be massive for Del Rio, I can see him getting a decent sized title reign (well I hope he gets on anyway!)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would love to see Daniel Bryan have a feud with Evan Bourne upon his return! heope the kid gets a push this year for the U.S. Title more entertaining than the last and current Heavyweight Champs!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Wade Barrett got my vote for this! When the Nexus thing completely dies and Barrett is actually on his own as singles competitor, I see him being the WWE Champion. Predicting it being after WrestleMania, if he gets a run. Barrett for the Money In The Bank winner at WrestleMania and then win the championship by the end of the summer.

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
everyone on that list is either too indy not enough charisma or has had their day already

except for alberto, wwe dont need the guys above to step up but hey we need a new latino to replace Rey Rey am i right?
I disagree, how has Wade not got enough charisma, he is incredibly over and cuts awesome promos.

The "WWE won't push indy stars" myth is bollocks because Punk completely disproved it and Bryan has gotten a solid push since he signed with the company.

WWE DO need those guys to step up, HHH, Undertaker and Kane could retire at any point, Edge says he will be retiring soon (one major injury and he's gone imo), Jericho is in and out and with 2 brands that leaves massive gaps in the main event.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Alberto. I have a great feeling that 2011 is his year to shine. For Kaval though, hopefully he gets a chance next year as well. Same with Daniel Bryan.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts