Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about the options for the captain of raw for the upcoming ppv. I assume they would want a face, seeing how smackdown has big show for a captain. Otherwise it would make raw a little less rooted for. Who is credible enough as a face to lead this team. John Morrison is the hottest face not in a match already but to me is not credible enough to lead a team... I was thinking Sheamus but like I said hes a top heel and would make people root for smackdown more IMO... Any thoughts

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I thought Miz was almost confirmed for the leader role?

I doubt it matters with the face/heel thing. Last year DX captained RAW with Jericho captaining Smackdown. So they could easily do a face/heel leader thing fine.

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
Should be the Miz. They obviously want to move him closer to a main event spot. They could also play up more on the Big Show being captain of Smackdown.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
It'll most likely be The Miz. I'd prefer Sheamus as the captain though.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Thought this was already confirmed but i would still like it to be MIZ.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh okay i missed a good amount of last weeks raw and didn't catch that in the recap i read. makes some sense i guess

·
Registered
813 Posts
See, I thought it was definitely going to be Miz after his segment last Monday, but then based on that segment, I thought it would also be Edge captaining Smackdown. Instead, Big Show got the nod. (No problem with that. He's a solid face right now, they're building him huge... unfortunately possibly even a Rumble win and Wrestlemania match.) But Miz vs. Show as the captains doesn't make much sense.

So I think they might go another direction. Sheamus looks ripe for it now that he's not the #1 Contender. I also think, based on the commercials we saw, that there might be some sort of out for Cena between now and then that will allow him to wrestle for Raw, so there's that. If neither of those two, then I guess Morrison.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
See, I thought it was definitely going to be Miz after his segment last Monday, but then based on that segment, I thought it would also be Edge captaining Smackdown. Instead, Big Show got the nod. (No problem with that. He's a solid face right now, they're building him huge... unfortunately possibly even a Rumble win and Wrestlemania match.) But Miz vs. Show as the captains doesn't make much sense.

So I think they might go another direction. Sheamus looks ripe for it now that he's not the #1 Contender. I also think, based on the commercials we saw, that there might be some sort of out for Cena between now and then that will allow him to wrestle for Raw, so there's that. If neither of those two, then I guess Morrison.
How do you figure? They're finally going to have a feud after splitting as a team, albeit not one that ends in a singles match. I think it's great because Miz is slowly progressing towards the WWE title by working with an established star like Big Show and it's getting to be about time for them to pull the trigger with him.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Miz isn't officially the captain. Cole said on SD that he's the "self-proclaimed" captain of RAW, or something along those lines. From the wwe.com match preview:

" Will the self-proclaimed “captain of Team Raw,” The Miz, be officially placed in charge of the Monday Night opposition?"

I think it makes sense having Punk captain RAW with Big Show being the captain of SD.

·
Registered
813 Posts
How do you figure? They're finally going to have a feud after splitting as a team, albeit not one that ends in a singles match.

Really?? You think that's why it makes sense? Because the wrestling world has been clamoring for a Show-Miz face off ever since their break-up... last April?

Six months in modern day wrestling might as well be six years. I'm guessing there are people that have completely forgotten that Big Show and Miz even tagged, let alone held the titles for a whopping 77 days. Even if Show and Miz are named captains (a distinct possibility), I highly doubt that they'll bring up the tag team as central to the feud.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts