·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler
Alberto Del Rio

I think Cody what does everybody else think?:)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Even though I hope that everyone except for Del Rio will have a great carrer, I voted for Bryan because right now he's over with the fans, and he's a great wrestler which could be accepted anywhere. Even though Rhodes is an option too, he's young, he's a third generation wrestler and I think he's not at the top of his prime yet.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Cody Rhodes.

------------------

He is the future of the buisness. He put over the Big Show so that he can go after the main event.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Bryan.

Always gonna have the aura of Guerrero, Jericho or Benoit (this one tough i know). Great worldwide background with mainstream accomplishments.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
Daniel Bryan.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if all the guys on the list do all go on to have great careers in the WWE. I think Cody Rhodes is a great talent, I think he is good in the ring and above-good on the microphone, I also think Ziggler is awesome in the ring and improving on the microphone. Out of the three, del Rio is the best in the ring but his heel work needs some help, I would be intrigued to see how he'd do as a face though.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Cody Rhodes. He's good inring, he's good on the mic, his daddy is a legend and he is WWE-born and raised.

·
Registered
520 Posts
If the WWE want a future, they probably need all of them to have great careers. We're constantly relying on part-timers to make a show right now.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Alberto Del Rio, since Vince appears to be prepared to sell his soul to make this happen.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Cody Rhodes, obviously, he's only 26 and look where he is already. Del Rio is gone when he hits 40 by his own admission, so he only has about 5 years left, Ziggler has no star potential at ALL, and Vince has shown no sign of ever treating Bryan like a top guy, for obvious reasons. Even before Rhodes hits 30 he's going to be pushed hard, and then even harder when he hits his prime in the early 30's.

You can make a case for Del Rio but will he really accomplish in 5 years more than Cody has the ability to do in 20+? I really don't think so. Obviously he's gonna win the short term game but he doesn't have time on his side.

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
Went with Bryan. He's the best wrestler in the company and now he's over. He may not win the most world titles out of those four guys but Benoit and Guerrero didn't win many either and they're held in much higher esteem than guys like Big Show, Kane and Booker T who won more than them. Guess it depends on what you consider to be a great career.

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
ADR easily, now Rhodes has the age advantage but every time I heard that some shit happens.Like some kind of young wrestlers curse.

·
Registered
13,956 Posts
I voted Bryan here. Del Rio is already 35-36 years old. Ziggler seems stuck in the "solid hand" role, and his name is a killer to ever being a top guy. I think Bryan will have a Benoit-type career where he'll be a upper card guy for the next 10 years, go up the card to feud for the title on occasion, then move down the card to help somebody come up sorta deal. I could see Bryan holding the title 2-3 more times over his career. I don't think the decision makers will get past Cody's lisp - I mean Swagger was mocked for his - and you know that came from the bookers/creative so you know how they see it. I think Cody is pretty overrated really - he was hot with the whole masked/American Psycho character - now I don't know what his character hook is supposed to be. His feud with Big Show has been beyond brutal.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
I voted Bryan here. Del Rio is already 35-36 years old. Ziggler seems stuck in the "solid hand" role, and his name is a killer to ever being a top guy. I think Bryan will have a Benoit-type career where he'll be a upper card guy for the next 10 years, go up the card to feud for the title on occasion, then move down the card to help somebody come up sorta deal. I could see Bryan holding the title 2-3 more times over his career. I don't think the decision makers will get past Cody's lisp - I mean Swagger was mocked for his - and you know that came from the bookers/creative so you know how they see it. I think Cody is pretty overrated really - he was hot with the whole masked/American Psycho character - now I don't know what his character hook is supposed to be. His feud with Big Show has been beyond brutal.
That's because Swagger sounds like Daffy Duck, Cody's lisp isn't anywhere near that pronounced. It's barely even noticeable.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Bryan's overness has yet to be proven as real and not a fad, which is why I'd put Cody above him. Plus he's younger and much better on the mic, which is a more marketable skill than in ring ability.

I don't know where Del Rio is going tbh. He's got the makings of a superstar and is a joy to watch, but he struggles to connect with the audience. Ziggler's having trouble breaking through that glass ceiling as well.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Del Rio, then Cody, then DB/Ziggler. ADR's gonna be pushed till he retires, regardless if fans give a shit or not. Cody may have a bright career too. Ziggler and DB are gonna be like Eddie and Benoit minus being dead.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cody Rodes for sure. He is young, better on the mic then any of those guys. He is entertaining in the ring to casuals and smarks. Also he has a chip on his shoulder.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts