Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My money's on either Barrett or the Miz.

The reason for this is because 2011 begins with the Royal Rumble, which is one of the only times the big titles can be overshadowed and be the second most important thing. The established stars can set up several mini rivalries going into the Rumble.

This is a perfect time of the year for WWE to test out a new ME champion, and it's one of the things that I've always enjoyed booking-wise.

In 2001/2002 we saw Jericho do this with the Unified Title. In 2008/2009 we saw Punk and Hardy in this area, whereas in 2009/2010 it was Sheamus.

Thoughts? Agree/disagree? Who would you like to see enter 2011 as the Champ? Will they do the same for Smackdown?

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I think Wade Barrett, he'll probably win with help from Cena and at the Royal Rumble or around that time, that storyline ends and either Orton, Cena or HHH go in WM as WWE Champion.

·
Asuka
96,359 Posts
The Miz. Barrett will hold the title until TLC, where he'll lose to Cena. As soon as Cena wins, the cash in occurs. Miz will cash in at TLC after a ladder match, a chairs match, or a TLC match itself. Obviously it won't be a table match he cashes in on, since the winner doesn't get put through a table. His title match will be overshadowed by the Rumble, which they can afford because he's just a midcarder who will serve as a transitional champion. He'll lose at Elimination Chamber just like Sheamus did and we'll start the WrestleMania storylines.

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
The Miz. Barrett will hold the title until TLC, where he'll lose to Cena. As soon as Cena wins, the cash in occurs. Miz will cash in at TLC after a ladder match, a chairs match, or a TLC match itself. Obviously it won't be a table match he cashes in on, since the winner doesn't get put through a table. His title match will be overshadowed by the Rumble, which they can afford because he's just a midcarder who will serve as a transitional champion. He'll lose at Elimination Chamber just like Sheamus did and we'll start the WrestleMania storylines.
This.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's how it'll probably unfold.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
I doubt they'll have ANOTHER 5 minute Cena title reign, especially since it would be his tenth. If they keep going at that rate he'd be a 25 time World Champion by the time he retires.

·
Asuka
96,359 Posts
Actually, as far as I'm concerned, that fact only works in favor of my argument. That way, WWE can give Cena another reign, add another number to his count, then elevate someone else immediately. WWE only cares about numbers and you can bet they'll want to make Cena's numbers as big as possible when he calls it quits.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
As much as Pyro's suggestion makes the most sense I cannot see it happening that exact way.

As long as Orton doesn't go into 2011 as the champion, I don't care who does.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Pyro™;8928806 said:
Good call. I'd have Cena/Barrett be the second encounter and feud culminating match between Cena and Barrett with Cena going over in obvious Cena fashion. This could be a chairs match that way with chairs all around the ring Miz and possibly Barrett too will attack Cena over and over again with steel chair attacks leading to Miz winning the title and a Miz/Cena feud beginning from there. After beating Cena in some heel way at the Royal Rumble and finally going over Daniel Bryan on a Raw defending his title. Miz would probably lose the title by Elimination Chamber because WWE usually has the biggest superstars in the main event but it'd be a nice way to push him by having him champion at Wrestlemania.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
I'm going to out on a limb and say the Miz won't even win the title. It's probably not very likely but that's just the way I see it at the minute. The Wade Barrett push is outshining anything the Miz can do, and after losing to Bryan 2 straight PPV's he's not really in a strong position. By the looks of things having Barrett win the title in the next few months is a lot higher of WWE's agenda than having Miz cash in.

So to answer the question, Barrett after beating Orton.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Heath Slater. Why? I dont know, but dammit it would be impressive if i was right=)

·
Premium Member
18,115 Posts
I'm going to out on a limb and say the Miz won't even win the title. It's probably not very likely but that's just the way I see it at the minute. The Wade Barrett push is outshining anything the Miz can do, and after losing to Bryan 2 straight PPV's he's not really in a strong position. By the looks of things having Barrett win the title in the next few months is a lot higher of WWE's agenda than having Miz cash in.

So to answer the question, Barrett after beating Orton.
Yeah Imma go with this as well. I really dont see Miz winning the title when he does cash it in. Barrett does seem like the way they will go at this point in time.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
I say Orton. I think Cena will (inadvertently?) screw over Barrett at Bragging Rights leading to the final match at Survivor Series where Cena will put together a team to fight for his freedom. I don't see them going with Cena/Barrett until Mania. That leaves Orton as champion unless Miz cashes in I guess.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
So Orton's reign lasts a month, barrett's lasts under 2 months, Cena has the title for 2 minutes and Miz holds it for 6 weeks? This isn't 2000

1 - 20 of 29 Posts