Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I don't want this to turn into a Punk bashing thread or a Punk comeback thread. He's done, I get that, he's moved on and in recent photos he looks healthier than he ever did in WWE, good for him.

But the powers that be hate Punk and will obviously not want him to the the 'longest reigning WWE Champ of the modern era'

So my question is, who and when will Punk's 434 day reign be beaten?

·
There are three guarantees in life... DEATH, TAXES
188 Posts
If Lesnars contract wasnt running out i would have said him but i think Seth Rollins if he cashes in at mania and uses J+J to cheat in matches

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Doubt anyone will break it in the near future. But I could see a monster heel title run for Bray maybe happening soon.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
when reigns flops with the belt the next creative meeting will be something like (in hhh voice) "it looks-ah like ill have to do it myself-ah" and the hunter reign of terror 2.0 begins and lasts exactly 1 day longer than punks lol

Reactions: zeromaru

·
Baby It's Violence
8,692 Posts
I think Brock should of.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Do you even have to ask. Roman Reigns of course.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
I would love it to be Ryback that would really stick to him.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
By some miracle, if anybody it'd be a heel Ambrose.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Does it not make you wonder how many PPV he headlined as the WWE champion that were not about the rock or cena?

I don't recall the times but I never felt like he had a world title. His reign didn't matter until the end with a heel turn. I think the WWE forgot he even had the title to be frank til the end. It just came off weak.

Feel bad for him.

But ya Reigns doing it might be likely but that will utterly piss off people. At least those who still care.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
I actually don't think it will be Reigns, he might get close with a year long reign but I don't think he'll beat Punk. If anyone does it will be either Kevin Owens or Seth Rollins, Could easily see them having a long ass run, probably ended by Reigns.

Random fact:
If Lesnar was to beat Punk's title reign, his 435th day as champion (the day he officially beats Punk's reign) would be October 26th 2015. CM Punk's birthday.
That sweet double whammy for WWE getting sacrificed for Reigns, usually WWE would jump at a chance to stick it to someone like that.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'd personally re-sign Brock (or try to) and use storyline devices like interim titles and a revived WHC to keep the belt on Lesnar until the 2016 Royal Rumble, where he'd drop it to The Rock. If anyone should surpass Punk's reign, it should be Brock.

If Reigns has a longer title reign than Punk the company will hemorrhage money. They'll pull the plug to stop the bleeding at some point during the reign even if they plan on it being longer than Punk's reign at first.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts