Wrestling Forum banner

Who will be the last Attitude Era wrestler?

2705 20
Eras inevitably come, and eras inevitably go.

Currently, WWE has no active wrestler who wrestled in the 1980s (Shawn Michaels was the last).

Who do you think will be the last Attitude-era wrestler to remain active?

Here are the choices:

1) HHH: Age 41

The frontrunner. Though injury riddled and past his prime, HHH is married to the boss's daughter.

He may retire from wrestling full-time, but he will continue to make special appearances. I can see him wrestling into his mid-50s.

2) Undertaker: Age 46 in 2 months

Like HHH, he is injury riddled. People are saying he will retire next year, but people have been saying that since 2004 (And I've been reading forums since 2003).

Will Undertaker last as long as Ric Flair has? It's possible. His popularity is not likely to decline.

3) Edge : Age 37

He's at an age considered prime in wrestling, but has had so many injuries - Broken neck, torn Achilles, torn pectoral muscle.

Rumor is that he will retire next year.

4) Goldust : Age 41

Currently on the roster - though many people wouldn't know it.

5) Mark Henry : 39

I cannot see Henry wrestling past 45. He is not doing anything significant, and he has not done so for a long time.

Expect him to retire when his contract expires.

6) Big Show : Age 38

Possible. He may retire in the next year, or he may stay for another 10 years.

7) Christian : Age 37

WWE is hesitant to do anything significant with him. May be gone when his contract expires.

8) Chris Jericho : Age 40

Has said that he will not work for WWE in the near-future, and he seems serious about his music career.

I really believe that he will never return to WWE. We've seen the last of him in a WWE ring.

9) Kane : Age 43

Is getting older, popularity is very low, and he is not in great shape.

10) Kurt Angle: Age 41

Is in TNA, but a return is not impossible; just unlikely.

11 + 12) Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy

Same as Kurt Angle, except they are younger and more likely to return.

13) William Regal

Please mention if I left anyone out.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Recognize
21,327 Posts
Trips will not be wrestling into his 50s. He said so himself and if the length of this break and all the other things he is doing during it aren't an indication of his intentions to step away then I don't know what is. Sure he'll most likely be an on air presence but as for actually wrestling, I don't think so.

Out of that list I would say Jericho has a shot if he wants to. He's never been injured and he keeps taking extended breaks while everybody else has been working for WWE non stop. Big Show might last too. I don't remember him having many significant injuries either.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Jericho has stated many times not wanting towrestle past his prime...

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Trips will not be wrestling into his 50s. He said so himself and if the length of this break and all the other things he is doing during it aren't an indication of his intentions to step away then I don't know what is. Sure he'll most likely be an on air presence but as for actually wrestling, I don't think so.

Out of that list I would say Jericho has a shot if he wants to. He's never been injured and he keeps taking extended breaks while everybody else has been working for WWE non stop. Big Show might last too. I don't remember him having many significant injuries either.
Show probably won't last more 5 years... his weight will start to make a mark on him

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
If that were the case then he would have retired at least 7 years ago.
not true, his honest man Gimmick was greater then anything he ever did before. And in the Ring he was still great, actually sometimes i think he was better just cause he lived that Gimmick in the Ring, he was kinda stale in his last 6 Months.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
HHH has always said he doesn't want to do what Flair did and have to wrestle for a million years. He and HBK had a pact to tell the other if they thought the game was up for the other.

He'll probably be around as a GM figure or "legend" but not in a regular wrestling capacity.

My vote goes to Christian. Batista only debuted in the WWE at around 40, so aslong as Christian doesn't get injured too much he should still have a while ahead of him.

·
#RiseAbove
1,484 Posts
I'm gonna say Big Show.

Unless the travel is taking a huge toll on him, he should be good to go. He rarely does anything that is high risk and barely beats his body simply because he's usually destroying everyone. I believe he truly loves the business and he'll stick around putting new faces over since his legacy is already built as arguably the largest athlete in the world and a 'dominant' force for the entirety of his career. He doesn't need titles or any other accolades honestly so I say he goes until he gets tired of it.

Which will be after everyone else listed, with the exception of Chris Jericho because he takes times off regularly so he never burns completely out. So Jericho is a possible candidate as well. I'd also say Christian because he still has it all but I think he'll get tired of being in the mid-card limbo that he currently resides in, when he should at least ME something.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.