Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 2010s were dominated by the Shield guys on the men's side and the four horsewomen (or at least two of the four) on the women's. Which NEW stars do you think will break out and dominate for the coming decade.

I think Velveteen Dream for the men and Rhea Ripley for the women are safe bets.

Who else?

· Registered
5,289 Posts
The thing is, you never really know with Vince how he'll book someone when they get to the main roster. EC3 seemed to have all the tools but he ended up in limbo.

I admit I do have high hopes for Dream, but I also have fears for when Vince gets his hands on him. He could either be big or he could be the next Tyler Breeze.

Likewise Keith Lee, he could be a breakout star or he could be the next Brodus Clay.

Adam Cole is a good contender to do well on the main roster except he's a little on the small and pale side and Vince usually frowns on that..

Rhea Ripley seems like safe bet. Likewise Toni Storm.

Of the guys on the main roster they may push more I'd say Black and Murphy are good bets..

· Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,793 Posts
Yeah, i'm going to have to give this some thought.

The Wyatt Family I would have thought would dominate in the WWE for a long, long time and hold like the WWE Championship and the tag team titles at the same time but they never really did. Someone kept getting injured before they eventually gave up on the idea.

Plus who knows if Vince lasts another decade as Chairman of WWE. He will be 84 in 10 years. The direction of some wrestlers could change.

Ripley and Keith Lee should be dominating in the WWE though and I hope that will be the case for them in this new decade.

· Premium Member
15,129 Posts
Rhea Ripley is going to be booked as strong as Charlotte once she's on the MR, except her reigns might actually be better because they won't be obsessed with trying to get her to 16 title reigns in a certain time-frame.

On the men's side, I see Keith Lee becoming a big force. I can see Dijakovic as well actually be a top player. The NBA's unicorn era is about to come more slowly into WWE I think, with more big guys being able to do insanely athletic shit.

· Registered
273 Posts
I don't think Velveteen Dream will be anymore of a star than Tyler Breeze and Fandango. There's potential there, but that's just not the type of character WWE is gonna push as a major star.

Ripley will absolutely be legendary, however.

Keith Lee, Matt Riddle and Bianca Belair will be the biggest names on the main roster.

As far as the current main roster, I can see Rusev finally getting a top spot. Maybe Miz too.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Adam Cole will be the next Seth Rollins.

Rhea Ripley will be if Triple H is in charge. Maybe Vince will book her the same, I don't know. I still don't know if Vince will completely go all in on her ugly metal girl look, but Triple H already has, so if he's in charge, she'll probably be their top star, which, along with Adam Cole makes me fear for the next decade.

I don't know if there will be any other new dominant stars. It'll be the same crap over and over again like it usually is. The only other people I can see are people that we don't even know yet.

· Registered
1,703 Posts
If they build him up properly Elias can be FOTC, he has it all. I'm not holding my breath but I'd love for him to be a huge star.

Its pretty hard to predict who will be big stars because over the years guys have come out of nowhere. Aleister Black should be a main eventer as well.

· Registered
9,124 Posts
At this point...

Adam Cole - will be 2003 HHH
Rhea Ripley - successor to Charlotte Flair and first woman to capture a top men’s singles title when the promotion merges rosters in a few years
Keith Lee - Top babyface
Tian Bing - Roman Reigns type push to secure China expansion
Matt Riddle - Upper level babyface and heel
Simone Johnson
MJF

· Registered
1,826 Posts
You never really know. In 2009 Bryan was not in wwe. Moxley and Tyler black were unknown indy guys. Romans career hadnt even started. Kofi and Punk were midcarders (Punk was like a lower tier maineventer I guess) Brock was in the ufc and nobody say him ever coming back. Becky was not a wrestler. Charlotte was the cute girl that cried during Flairs retirement. Sasha was starting on the local indyscene and so was Bayley. Despite that these are the guys that have come up and dominated this decade.

I bet in 2029 the roster will look completly different. You might have a Rollins in there still but most of the guys will be retired/gone and a new crop of guys never heard before will dominate. I will say this though, I feel like Owens could break into that next level much like punk did in 2011 within the next 3 years.

· Registered
15,728 Posts
Impossible to predict

On this date in 2010 Rollins, reigns and Ambrose hadn't even signed with WWE, Charlotte and Lynch were years away from signing. Bryan had signed but was a month away from debuting on TV and nobody was predicting him to mainevent Mania etc. Lesnar was still in UFC, Bray Wyatt was completely unknown to 99.9999999% of all wrestling fans and they are they most pushed acts of the decade

If you went back to January 2010 it's likely most people would have been predicting John Morrison, Drew McIntyre, Mason Ryan, Zeke Jackson, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase Jr and Low-Ki (Kaval) to dominate WWE in the 2010s.

Btw Tian Bing has long been released by WWE...

· Premium Member
1,479 Posts
“Adam Cole”

“Keith Lee”

“Black”

“Matt Riddle”

“Pete Dunne”

It’s good to see so many ex-PWG wrestlers being touted as future headliners at WWE. Thank Allah for the Indy's!!

Though it’s a mystery why they don’t have the cream (the Elite if you will) of ex-PWG wrestlers like the Lucha Bros., Omega, Cody, Young Bucks, Marty Scurll, Sammy Guevara…….

· Registered
12,317 Posts
Still hoping for a sustained Rusev run at the top. He more than paid his dues doing stupid Total Divas duties and making lower card matches/feuds more interesting than they should be.

Though I think the best bet is Andrade. Young, good looks, good in the ring, Mexican, not overexposed yet on the main roster and now engaged into wrestling loyalty. If WWE is bold, they should let him beat Lesnar for the title and strap the rocket to Andrade's push this year.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.