Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to hear who you think will be the better world champ in the future. Will it be Wade Barrett or Alberto Del Rio? Or could somebody like a John Morrison or an Alex Riley or another young up and coming star? Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Alberto Del Rio. The fact that the dude can be so annoying is the exact type of trait you should be looking for as a World Champ because once he loses the belt, the audience will go apeshit and usually a star will be made in the process. Barret is a good heel but imo hes not that "I wanna see his ass get kicked" type of heel.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Alberto Del Rio. The fact that the dude can be so annoying is the exact type of trait you should be looking for as a World Champ because once he loses the belt, the audience will go apeshit and usually a star will be made in the process. Barret is a good heel but imo hes not that "I wanna see his ass get kicked" type of heel.
I have to disagree. I think Del Rio is so awesome that it's only a matter of time before he gets a big fan following. He's the type of guy that you can't help but like. Barrett is much more of a heat magnet.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
ADR, easily. He has the cocky heel down cold and what sets him apart from Barrett is that he is great in the ring, while Barrett throws snap jabs like he's Road Dogg Jesse James.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I have to disagree. I think Del Rio is so awesome that it's only a matter of time before he gets a big fan following. He's the type of guy that you can't help but like. Barrett is much more of a heat magnet.
The same can be said for CM Punk and Chris Jericho and they are still heat magnets. Del Rio is awesome but he just has that douchebag smile that just makes me want to slap him.

When it comes to Barret I can't really find anything to dislike him about. I can see his heat dying unless hes in there with someone thats insanely over like John Cena.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Del Rio should have been World Champ 2 Days ago. Also Del Rio will be the superior Champion, as he is way more charismathic and can draw the Fans in. Barrett is not bad, but the reason why he gets this kind of reaction is cause he feuded with Cena and tortured him.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If Barrett loses the whole Nexus thing and focuses his solo heel career he could be a good champion one day, but for now ADR has the key elements to be champion IMO, he's got victories over big names such Mysterio, Christian and Big Show (although this one was by count out, its a win nonetheless), creates good heat, not great heat but good altogether especially his cocky ass I'm better than you attitude cause I'm ''rich'' and ''have the blood of royalty'', sorta reminds me of when CM Punk used to cut great promos on how cause he's Straight Edge he's that much better than us. Plus he's been pushed to the Main Event scene better than Barrett because he's done it without the need of 5-6 guys doing the dirty work for him and more notably didn't go up against Mr. McMahon's un-official Hall of Fame Kiss my Ass club member John Cena and expected to win.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Long-term it´s Wade Barret, and it´s not even close, imo. His whole character is already pretty deep by WWE standards, and I think he`s already the total package in terms of entertainment, wether it´s on the mic or acting in segments.

I can´t blame him for the Nexus storyline bubble, he´s not a writer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Even with all the heat that Barrett has gotten from this Cena angle, I still say Alberto Del Rio. I mean, people genuinely dislike the guy's arrogance. He will be a great WWE Champion.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Going off their level of skill now: Del Rio. But Wade is still green compared to Del Rio who wrestled in Mexico for years and years. So of course Del Rio has the edge right now. But Wade is going to be World Champion one day and I'm sure he is going to be a great champion when he is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts