Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Smackdown was undoubtedly weak before MVP release. Now, the number of upper midcard faces in SD! are... wait, only Kingston??? (Being serious Kaval would be a lower midcard).

It seems that WWE will need to do just another extra draft to the blue band in next weeks.

Bets?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,839 Posts
They'll push Chris Masters a little higher up. Maybe call Xavier Woods up with a few weeks' worth of vignettes? And Kaval to be pushed at least some.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
One of the heels might get a face turn. Dolph Ziggler seems most likely, once his thing with Vickie blows up. Kaval will probably get pushed too. I wouldn't be surprsed if MVP's release is the reason Kaval suddenly reappeared on Smackdown the past few weeks.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Dunno, i'd love to see Ted get drafted but he's a heel. Hell, they could just push Kaval or Chris Masters now, i'm kinda tired of seeing Masters jobbing.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I was just going to post a thread similar to this one. MVP was definetely in limbo in regards to his spot but he was pretty established as the #2 mid-card face (if you include Big Show as a main eventer, which I am at this point in time). My guess is that Kaval will be elevated (get more matches, cut a few promos, etc.) to that spot with Masters finally coming into the fold a little bit. A Ziggler face turn could work but I don't see it happening as long as he's a Pro on NXT.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Probably yoshi is gonna get drafted to smackdown with the next wwe draft, alongside ted dibiase and maybe zack ryder or goldust. There's not alot being done with those guys whether they are heels or faces(goldust might be in a program atm, but i just have a feeling he's gonna be in the role he was before his supposed "push"), so my guess is that they might be drafted. Also gotta include primo though. I think bourne might stay on raw, cause the guy does bring in some good filler matches for RAW and well mark henry ain't moving to smackdown, he is tha ratings machine after all

·
Registered
510 Posts
Probably yoshi is gonna get drafted to smackdown with the next wwe draft, alongside ted dibiase and maybe zack ryder or goldust. There's not alot being done with those guys whether they are heels or faces(goldust might be in a program atm, but i just have a feeling he's gonna be in the role he was before his supposed "push"), so my guess is that they might be drafted. Also gotta include primo though. I think bourne might stay on raw, cause the guy does bring in some good filler matches for RAW and well mark henry ain't moving to smackdown, he is tha ratings machine after all
If they are the people who are drafted, Smackdown is becoming a more watered down brand by the minute.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
If they are the people who are drafted, Smackdown is becoming a more watered down brand by the minute.
I couldn't agree more, but they are the logical picks for the midcard devision at present, obviously there will be other upper midcard talent and main event talent that wil get moved too, now i only named those talents because WWE obviously want to use them in some capacity or another a bit more or otherwise they would've been released, so atm it's more a case of "we don't have anything for you although we still will use you in some way if we could figure out what to do with you" i would think. Now i'm not really a fan of most of these guys mentioned but atm smackdown needs some superstars who are at least reasonably familiar to the audience instead of unestablished FCW "newbies"...although i would think that maybe the correct approach to bringing up certain talent's like tyler black might be a good idea too seeing as how a thinner roster might give these guys more time to get over and develop character, but as always it could flop if not done right. Case in point being ADR that was brought in the right way, but then you have your other talents that are brought in and aren't used they way they should be eg Eric Escobar(yeah he's not nearly at the level of ADR but still the way that he was used is also to blame for is failure in some sense one would think). The fact of the matter stil remains smackdown needs more superstars to prevent us from seeing the same people in the same match week after week...

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,839 Posts
Smackdown needs space created in the top tier. Sounds silly perhaps at first blush but really, the brand would ultimately be stronger in the long run if they committed to pushing some of their hot midcard guys or individuals on the cusp of being full-time main-eventers (Kofi, Del Rio, and a rebuilding of Swagger all for starters), with Kane retired, Taker being out except during the annual RTWM, and Big Show traded back to Raw to help their babyface main event scene, to make room for some new FCW/NXT/RAW draftees in the undercard and midcard. Push Kaval into being a legitimate midcarder, take the next step with Kofi from where he is now, bring Swagger back to life, stay committed with Del Rio. Then pull guys like Barreta, Hawkins and the undercard up to the lower end of the midcard. Smackdown needs to do away with this titanium glass ceiling business it's had for a while now and bring up some new blood into the main arteries. It's worked wonders for Raw this year, no?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I could see Goldust(injuried), Regal or Jackson doing the move. There`s absolutely nothing for any of them in RAW right now.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Smith or Kidd, hopefully Smith. They're going to have a "loser leaves Raw" match down the line I expect. The other guy can set up shop in the Smackdown midcard for a while while the other does stuff on "his" brand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts