Wrestling Forum banner

Who/Whom would benefit being "drafted" to Smackdown

2939 Views 37 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  wetnipple
I wouldn't mind Orton going to Smackdown to possibly feud with Del Rio after WM. I feel he is getting stale on Raw.

Who else do you think would benefit by going to Smackdown?
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,065 Posts
A few people:
Orton-He's been on Raw for a long time, and he can't get any bigger with Cena on the same show. Also, so many fresh match-ups.
Sheamus-He looked good in the blue on Friday. Sheamus has wrestled and had a feud with so many people on Raw. Smackdown will give him new people.
Morrison-He can't become a main eventer when Cena is there. Period. He must move to Smackdown, and be given the Jeff Hardy treatment.

· Registered
797 Posts
When i made a thread about this sheamus, morrison and orton were the main ones who were brought up but i think di biase would benefit the most of smackdown, hes decent and barely gets any TV time at all these days

· Registered
704 Posts
For the sake of ratings, they should move Orton to Smackdown. That would also free up a spot for another baby face main eventer on RAW.

I can't really think of many guys who can truly benefit from a move to Smackdown and a couple guys who should NOT be moved:

Morrison needs to stay on RAW so he can feud with Miz, Punk, and/or Ziggler. These are the guys that can be used to catapult Morrison into the main event. If Orton is moved to Smackdown then I don't see anyone else other than Morrison becoming the second top babyface.

Bryan needs to stay on RAW because Smackdown already has enough big midcarders (Kofi, Swagger, Mysterio, Rhodes, McIntyre, and Christian). That and, IMO, Bryan should be feuding with guys like Sheamus, Punk, Ziggler, and maybe Sin Cara when he debuts.

Sheamus may benefit from a move to Smackdown since after he is done feuding with Bryan, there realy isn't any faces on RAW left to feud with.

Zack Ryder could benefit from a move to Smackdown if they decided to reunite him with Hawkins. I doubt that will happen though since WWE doesn't give two shits about their tag team division.

Dibiase is doing nothing on RAW, so a move to Smackdown could benefit him.

Kingston has feuded with just about every midcard heel on Smackdown, so a move to RAW could be good.

All in all, I'd say the brands should stick somewhat to the superstars they already have. Do a couple big trades like Orton to Smackdown and Edge back to RAW and some smaller ones like Sheamus and Dibiase to Smackdown and Kingston to RAW, but they shouldn't make too many changes IMO.

· Registered
479 Posts
I really don't understand the brand separation at all. Del Rio is supposed to be a Smackdown wrestler but he's on Raw every week. It was originally designed to get other wrestlers more exposure, but Smackdown is obviously such a weaker show compared to Raw that the impact of the exposure is minimal. Who on Smackdown has made a name for himself in the past year that doesn't get consistent airtime on Raw as well?

It's a lose-lose for anyone who is drafted to Smackdown.

· I like me
421 Posts
I really don't understand the brand separation at all. Del Rio is supposed to be a Smackdown wrestler but he's on Raw every week.
Road to Wrestlemania. It will stop again after Mania until Royal Rumble 2012 season, it's usually like this around this time of the year. It isn't just Del Rio, Taker has made a few appearances on Raw, HHH and Cena were on Smackdown the episode before last, Sheamus and DiBiase wrestled on Smackdown this week, Laycool have been on Raw a bit, Christian had a match with Brodus Clay on Raw a few weeks back, etc.

The brand split is always a lot less strict on the build up to Wrestlemania, the wrestlers are still seen as belonging to their brand though.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
I really don't understand the brand separation at all. Del Rio is supposed to be a Smackdown wrestler but he's on Raw every week. It was originally designed to get other wrestlers more exposure, but Smackdown is obviously such a weaker show compared to Raw that the impact of the exposure is minimal. Who on Smackdown has made a name for himself in the past year that doesn't get consistent airtime on Raw as well?

The WWE have been half-assing the brand split ever since they ended brand-exclusive pay-per-views back in 2007. It is truly amazing how much Smackdown lacks in star power compare to Raw these days, if you go and look at the rosters back in 2002, they were pretty even in terms of star power. Smackdown had Lesnar, Rock, Angle, Eddie, Benoit, The Undertaker, Steph, Rey, Edge etc. Raw had Austin, NWO, Triple H, Booker, Goldust, Jericho, Flair etc. Now look at it, Raw has all the heavy players while Smackdown truly does feel like the "B" show.

· Registered
4,806 Posts

Its so then people like myself who only watch 1 show and sparingly watch the other can get exposure to the wrestlers they want us to care about at Mania.

· The One Who Knocks
5,640 Posts
The one guy in the whole company who has to switch shows is Orton. I don't care for him much, but he's over as hell and yet totally lost in the Raw shuffle at this point. If he goes to SmackDown he immediately becomes the main guy there, which he can never do on Raw as long as Cena is around. It makes the most sense of anything WWE could do.

Bryan needs to go simply because now that he's not U.S. Champion anymore I'm not sure what they can do with him to prevent him from falling through the cracks.

· Registered
732 Posts
Zack Ryder. Would be a welcoming new player to the Intercontinental title scene.

· The Man
27,709 Posts
I for one think after the yearly pillage of Smackdowns most promising talents after a few weeks Smackdown becomes the better overall show. During the Road to Wrestlemania Raw has been very very good imo except for one or two episodes. SO whoever smackdown gives the show will still be very good i think. So who would benifit being drafted to Smackdown.

Randy Orton- He wont get as big if he is on the same show as Cena. I was at the Royal Rumble and when they had that staredown i didnt cheer and most of the Arena didnt cheer if Orton is on Smackdown maybe eventually say Survivor Series or Royal Rumble Orton and Cena can rekindle that hot rivalry they had months back.

Ted Dibiase- saw him on the milk cartons cuz he has been lost but saw him on smackdown so all good. He is good in the ring and notso on the mic. I would say keep him on Raw have him join New Nexus as there financial backer so they come in limos now lol BUT doubt that'll ever happen. Smackdown would be a fresh thing for him and he needs to start fresh. ( they ruined him when they made him Ortons Bitch. He was getting cheered a ton but instead just took that slap and RKO)

Sheamus- As i said above Raw has been very good during the road to wrestlemania except for one or two. Th eworst one for me was when HHH came back and completely buried Sheamus. Making the guy that put him on the shelf for almost a year look like the Brooklyn Brawler. Worst booking ive ever seen. But if he starts getting booked better than i dont think we need a change. But maybe a switch of midcard titles could kinda freshing up the brands.

· This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
14,679 Posts
Miz should move to Smackdown because there is no one left for him to feud with on Raw after Cena. on Smackdown he can feud with Edge, Mysterio, Big Show or maybe even Kane or Taker. On Raw it is either Morrison again, Danielson again or someone like Mark Henry.

· Registered
167 Posts
Orton- 2 biggest faces are Cena/Orton why are both on the same show
Morrison- would be a good #2 or #3 face for SD since they lack faces
Cole- bring JR back

· This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
14,679 Posts
Orton- 2 biggest faces are Cena/Orton why are both on the same show
Morrison- would be a good #2 or #3 face for SD since they lack faces
Cole- bring JR back
They can't send both Orton and Morrison to Smackdown because that is two of Raw's top three faces. Smackdown also already has Edge, Mysterio, Show and Kane as current faces (that is also not counting Taker if he sticks around for anything) with a possible McIntyre push coming. Raw only has three main faces and Danielson is a distant fourth. If anything Raw needs one of Smackdown's faces to help out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.