Wrestling Forum banner

Who was used well last night?

511 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  justintheory
I thought a number of guys you wouldn't expect were actually booked surprisingly well last night, and even with the extra 10 participants, it didn't all feel rushed. That was a criticism I levied at last year's match, which seemed to be addressed this time around.

I'll start off with Chavo Guerrero. I admit, I expected him to fulfill the role of 2 second comedy entrant, getting eliminated in no time, but he actually got a great Rumble moment. I'm not ashamed to say I marked for the Endless Amigos, and he got a pretty decent pop when he finally hit the third. Good showing for an underrated talent.

It won't be a popular choice, but I also think they booked Hornswoggle pretty well, too. It's a long match, and the crowd needs to be popped sometimes, and the 'Swoggle comedy sections, while not necessarily my thing, did their job perfectly. Some of the signature imitations were pretty funny, his Attitude Adjustment to Kidd was a cool moment and he took some painful looking bumps courtesy of Sheamus. He didn't even feel like a wasted spot, due to the extra competitors in the match.

Who else had a good showing, either because of their usual position on the card, because they upped their game or just because they entertained you?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
They used CM Punk well in the first bit of the royal rumble, they used Del Rio well since he won it. I can't think of anyone else who was booked fantastically well in that match, or on the PPV. Miz was booked well I guess since he retained in sneaky fashion and eliminated Cena from the royal rumble.

· Registered
1,831 Posts
They used CM Punk well in the first bit of the royal rumble, they used Del Rio well since he won it. I can't think of anyone else who was booked fantastically well in that match, or on the PPV. Miz was booked well I guess since he retained in sneaky fashion and eliminated Cena from the royal rumble.

:agree:
punk was booked great, though i wish he could of lasted longer in the rumble, damn u cena! :cussin:

· Registered
96 Posts
bryan was used well. regal looked decent. morrison didnt loose to much cred as he was eliminated by a group

and of course

ALBERTO DEL RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

id of liked to see sheamus make it to the final 4. and seen as i think A RI botched we never really know if he missed a decent opportunity (miz distraction for A RI to eliminate cena)

· Registered
534 Posts
The only one that was used well in the match was Alberto Del Rio and Miz/Riley (for eliminating Cena) You can really tell who it is that WWE is really interested in pursuing and generate momentum for, and who are just the placeholders in their view.

· Registered
27,658 Posts
Bryan looked like a monster
Punk dominated the middle half, much like the stuff with SES last year
Jomo looked good since it took the whole Nexus to eliminate him - wished he could've stayed longer
Ted Jnr looked kinda good
Del Rio didn't do much, but he won, so...

· Registered
206 Posts
Big Show, Kane, Kevin Nash - They should dominate the ring
CM Punk - He should not be eliminate by Cena so earlier, the people hate him, he is the highlight.
The Corre - The Corre should come in late Match and eliminate CM Punk
Santino - He should be main event WM
ADR - He is the RR winner but not looking strong at all, there not even pop in his entrance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.