Wrestling Forum banner

Who was the #3 star during the Attitude Era?

• Triple H

Votes: 135 61.4%
  • Udnertaker

Votes: 36 16.4%
  • Vince Mcmahon

Votes: 49 22.3%
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Stone Cold and Rock are #1 and #2 stars of Attutide Era obviously, but who would you say was the third biggest star during the era?

When I was watching Smackdown in 2000 and 2001, I was thought that Stone Cold, Rock, Triple H as top 3 guys. But many people seem to say that Undertaker or even Vince Mcmahon was the third guy.
So was it Triple H? Undertaker? or Vince Mcmahon?

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
I was like 10-12 during the attitude era and I can safely say nobody cared about Taker. The 3rd man is a tough question. Trips was real big back then but i'd say Vince got more heat. The corrupt GM was just gold.

Also much of the heat HHH got came from Vince screwing the Rock.

·
Premium Member
15,037 Posts
I voted Triple H. He was the third breakout star thanks to the AE, eventhough his push was supposed to occur in 1996. But, DX was a HUGE part of the Attitude Era and provided some great moments.

Honestly, the original DX defined the Attitude Era.

·
Registered
7 Posts
(First post.)

I'm going with Triple H as well. As was said, he was the third breakout star along with Rock and Austin, and he was a part of DX, which was huge at the time. He was an awesome heel in 2000. The fact that he was a new star alone though makes him somewhat more sigificant than Taker, just because Taker was already an established name and main eventer from years before.

Vince shouldn't count because he wasn't a wrestler, I'm thinking mainly of actual stars who performed in the ring.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I'll say Triple H as well, but that's the thing with the attitude era. You also had Angle, Kane, Undertaker, Vince, the main event was just so deep back then.

·
Registered
180 Posts
What kinda Dumb question is this?

Its Triple H.

Attitude era had three main eventers - Austin, Rock & HHH.

Top faces - Austin, Rock
Top heel - HHH.

People probably say taker or vince or kurt only because of their hatred towards HHH which is pretty strong in the IWC.

Taker was upper midcarder in the AE. Even Angle was bigger than him.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
HHH. Vince may have been a bigger character, but Trips had more big, significant matches than anyone else I can think of throughout the whole era. Undertaker was always a strong presence, but I'd say he was the 4th guy.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Trips and its easy.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
The thing with Trips though is he was only playing with the big boys from early 2000 to WM17, the last year and a half of the AE. He was a major player in that time yes and was involved in great main events but it's a minority time frame.

Before that from 97-2000 he was a solid mid carder, popular in DX, but still undobtedly lower in status than guys like Taker, Mankind and probably Kane.

Overall I feel like it's almost a tie with Trips and Taker, but due to his big programs with Kane, Austin, Ministry etc in 1998 and 1999(hottest period) I would go with Taker.

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
Hands down Triple H. Vince doesn't count and Taker wasn't involved enough. Why isn't Mankind on the list though or HBK? I mean I would still go Triple H over either but I don't think everyone would.

You could make a legit argument for Mankind or HBK.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
Triple H.

The Rock/Triple H put on some memorable matches together and is one of the best feuds of all time in my opinion. I mean Triple H re-invented the whole "heel" character. He was fucking awesome in terms of being a heel back during the Attitude Era, he really came into his own, marrying into the McMahon family was heel enough.

Then you get Austin/Triple H the whole two-man power trip, the feud to begin with which was explosive and which gave us some memorable moments. I don't think Triple H gets ENOUGH credit when it comes to stars during the Attitude Era but thats just my opinion.

·
Marine Til Death
184 Posts
A case could be made for Taker and Vince, but HHH was the number three guy no doubt. It is hard to even classify those three in one two and three terms since they were all equally impressive.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
The AE began in 1997 its obvious that the answer is Undertaker. He began moving away from the top so HHH could be made. HHH became a star in mid-1999 to 2000 which ended up being the E's best years.

Undertaker feuded with everyone from Bret to Austin to Rock whether he was face or heel but as an established star already I don't think its fair to compare him or Vince to HHH.

HHH got a break and made it, which is the same as Rock & Austin. So he was technically the 3rd biggest star to EMERGE from the AE. So its a safe pick to say HHH.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts