• Ultimate Warrior

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Any other

Votes: 1 1.3%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
9,363 Posts
That depends on how long you consider the "golden age"...and based on your choices I assume you are saying the Golden age was Hogan vs Sheik to Wrestlmania 8?

Based on that

1. Savage
2. Piper
3. Andre

I would define the true Golden Age from Hogan vs Sheik - Wrestlmania 3, so

1. Piper
2. Andre
3. Snuka

You could make a good case for Slaughter based on his popularity during the Sheik fued, but that probably was not a long enough run.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,966 Posts

I have that picture in a frame in my room and have done many things whilst looking at it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Unbelievable. Time distortions, space is the place, Mean Gene Okerlund - go down that lonesome highway, yeah! But don't be hypnotized, no, reincarnation doesn't have to be, you can concentrate and you can have mental telepathy. But the beat goes on.

Pure poetry. :)

Oh yeah, it's the cream of the crop, Macho Man Randy Savage. And now excuse me, I have to watch more of his awesome promos.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts

I have that picture in a frame in my room and have done many things whilst looking at it.
Pretty sure you can't be the second biggest star in the company, let alone an entire era if you've never won the belt.

It's Savage. He got a YEAR as champion in the Hogan era, that's absurd for that time period.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,966 Posts
Uh, my answer was obviously a mark answer. Wasn't intended to be super serious as the real answer.

The real answer is Savage, it's a no brainer, but I can't vote against Piper, ever. I hope I remain Piper's only voter <3

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Savage followed by Warrior who was insanely over with fans. They even gave Warrior a clean win over Hogan in what was supposed to be a torch pass.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Pretty sure you can't be the second biggest star in the company, let alone an entire era if you've never won the belt.

It's Savage. He got a YEAR as champion in the Hogan era, that's absurd for that time period.

Of course you can be the second biggest star in the company despite having won a world title. Just look at Andre in the 1970s and 1980's. Andre was the most famous wrestler yet he never won a singles title until 1988

Reactions: Catalanotto

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Savage or Andre

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Of course you can be the second biggest star in the company despite having won a world title. Just look at Andre in the 1970s and 1980's. Andre was the most famous wrestler yet he never won a singles title until 1988
Fair point, but you know as well as I do Andre is the exception, not the rule. He was a freak of nature, an attraction, which in that day stood out compared to everybody else. If you're a normal human being and you're the second top guy in the company, you've had the belt at some point. Whatever, it doesn't matter since the post I was replying to wasn't serious anyway.

·
Banned
549 Posts
"I was sent in a capsule from a place far from here, and I came here for one reason.
To attack and keep comin’. Not to ask, but just to give. Not to want, but just to send.
Send the power of the Warrior down everybody’s throat in the WWF, until they become sick of it.
Well you’re gonna get sick of it, because this freak of nature right here is just beginning to swell.
And when I get big enough, brother, there ain’t gonna be room for anybody else but me and all the Warriors floatin’ through the veins and the power of the Warrioooooorrrrrrr!!!" :frustrate

·
Registered
2,452 Posts

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I would have to say Warrior for that time period(the end of Golden era that is). Other wise Savage or Andre takes up that spot.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts