Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These last few years, the heel is usually the most beloved character on here by fans. Wyatt, Rollins and Lesnar and in years gone by Orton, Bryan, Punk, Edge and Batista were the most popular guys even though they were heels.

When was the last time even the IWC couldn't stand a heel and actually cheered on a face in the feud?

I know Bryan last year with Batista and Orton going into WM 30. But I can't think of any other time IWC fully got behind a face over a heel.

·
Registered
118 Posts
These last few years, the heel is usually the most beloved character on here by fans. Wyatt, Rollins and Lesnar and in years gone by Orton, Bryan, Punk, Edge and Batista were the most popular guys even though they were heels.

When was the last time even the IWC couldn't stand a heel and actually cheered on a face in the feud?

I know Bryan last year with Batista and Orton going into WM 30. But I can't think of any other time IWC fully got behind a face over a heel.
When Edge had an affair with lita he was hated I think?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your looking for hate, real hate, then Muhammed Hassan. People saying The Miz his heat was definitely x-pac heat.
To be fair the Miz was one of those you want to see get his ass kicked jerk heels. I never thought he should have got anywhere near a Main event spot but he's a very hateable character (many say that's what he's like in real life)

Hassan, I feared for his safety anytime he went out to the Ring.

HHH during his turn from 99 to 2001 was a right dislikeable bastard but looking back he was the bets worker in WWE at that point.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Miz's heat is by way of annoying.

I'd say HHH. Even to this very day.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rusev.

Miz gets go away heat. So does HHH half the time.
Not during 1999 to 2001 he didn't. He was seriously hated.

Rusev doesn't get too much hate cause he has Lana beside him. That's why a lot of people love him on here. I admire him cause he's dating Lana in real life, how can you hate him for that lol.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Well, honest man Jericho got nice heat, had alot of stuff thrown at him including a D battery and ran into several issues with fans wanting to attack him after shows or once a fan running the guardrail trying to get him. Still though, Jericho had his fan sections who wouldn't let go. Edge played his heel style to a tee and tried his best to have zero redeemable qualities, yet in the Rated R Superstar there was a coolness factor, so I remember him in some buildings getting warm receptions. I think to find the last truly hated heels, you would have to look at both JBL and Hassan. Once JBL got that character rolling, the man was so detestable and could get huge heat whether at the Garden or in the Bingo Hall. Even watching JBL on tv knowing he was a character, the guy's performance was still so detestable, and I remember during that title run how fans would roar as JBL just barely would slip away with the victory. I don't recall JBL ever having any damn fanfare when he got that character rolling and the guy managed a complete pro-Cena crowd. Hassan needs no explanation.

As for the Miz, I think that is kind of cheap. The guy has the most naturally punchable face perhaps in wrestling history and certainly one of them, and the guy is from reality television. Those two factors in a wrestling environment right there work so much in his favor and have nothing to do with being a heel really. Besides, I think some people just want Miz to go away. Miz is a very good and underrated heel, but I'm not sure if it is fair to claim he is legitimately hated off his heel work.

Massive addition: In that brief stint in 05 in which Eddie Guerrero pulled off one of the greatest performances and maybe best transition in wrestling history, there is no way you could cheer that man aside from admiring legitimately goat contending work. Cold as ice and while yes, most of Eddie's work was on SD, something tells me they didn't need to pipe in too many crowd noises. I would have to think based on the work that at a brief point, Eddie Guerrero despite being with Bryan the most over face post AE, was legitimately hated.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JBL during his championship run. That was a heel master class.

Don't know how the internet felt about him, though.
JBL gets a lot of love for his promo's but his matches outside of with Guerrero, stunk.

He gets a ton of love now but I don't know about back then.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.