Wrestling Forum banner

Who was the best World Heavyweight Champion?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was the best World Heavyweight Champion? I'm talking about the title that existed in WWE between 2002 and 2013, not the WWE title or Universal title.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Batista for me followed close by HHH . Those 2 had epic rivalry and the title felt bigger than the wwe title when they had it.

Batista was the epitome of World Heavyweight Champion. His look, presence and outfits were the best .

HHH second best , he was the one who really made the title mean more than the wwe title but I feel that as he was already well established before that and the fact he is backstage pull makes his reign a little bit more forced than Batistas organic rise to top

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I voted Batista. As I thought he had some memorable feuds with it.

In terms of ratings, Mark Henry has a shout. Ratings were up significantly during the 'Hall of Pain' title run

·
The Babyface of WF
14,216 Posts
Realistically I think it's Hunter, He wasn't the breakout star Batista was but that Title meant the world to him and that translated through every Promo, Package, Rivalry you name it he represented it.

HHH personified the World Heavyweight Championship best he was even modelled after the superior Ric Flair but people won't likely give credit to him which obviously relates to their bitterness towards him(Reigh of Terror)

Most didn't have that ideal Champion appeal he had during their reign only Batista comes close, Edge and Jericho were good World Heavyweight Champions from a lesser perspective pertaining to what you call a class(HHH/Batista) example so they would fall in second place.

·
Registered
212 Posts
As much as Triple H was likely booked from a nepotism point of view with a lot of time dedicated to him over others he did come off as the most memorable to hold the WHC. He kept it in the main events for a good few years and was stood out far more in his feuds for that title.

·
Registered
Charisma is that when people look at you and start shivering.
166 Posts
I vote for Batista.He looked more dominant than anybody as world heavyweight champ.His matches with Undertaker,Eddie and Triple H were great.

·
Premium Member
17,319 Posts
Daniel Bryan!

·
Registered
595 Posts
CM Punk. The best talker and wrestler in the last two decades.

Batista. He looked perfect with that title around his waist.
Do you prefer to just stare at champions or have them actually have good matches and promos? Batista sucked.

·
Lacey Evans Stole My Heart <3
305 Posts
CM Punk. The best talker and wrestler in the last two decades.

Do you prefer to just stare at champions or have them actually have good matches and promos? Batista sucked.
Dafuq u talkin’ about? Batista was the complete package as a pro wrestler. 6’3, 270+lbs, charismatic, larger than life star power, decent in ring work for someone his size and character.

You’re one of the worst posters on this site. Fuck outta here with your stupidity.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,725 Posts
Kurt

Not only did he pick up one the business with a legit Olympic background, but he was such a natural. He knew how to play a modern heel without worrying about being a cool heel.

He was indeed the total package....

Great background, good workrate, awesome mic skills.

Story>everything else....Kurt got that even though he could deliver in the ring.

He was believable even after taking a clean pin. He was everything you wanted as a well rounded superstar.

·
it's a tarp!
5,787 Posts
Steve Austin.

-Took the business from the floor to the moon and back.
-His run from WM14 until his Kurt feud was IMO the best sustained run of anybody as champion.
-Almost all of his matches were good, some great, some outstanding.
-His feuds really were money feuds.
-Only the Rock compares, and The Rock was a short-term champion.

LOL, WORLD HW CHAMPION nvm

·
Registered
595 Posts
Dafuq u talkin’ about? Batista was the complete package as a pro wrestler. 6’3, 270+lbs, charismatic, larger than life star power, decent in ring work for someone his size and character.

You’re one of the worst posters on this site. Fuck outta here with your stupidity.
You can literally find better athletes who are more exciting in the ring than him at your local indy show. So how can he be a total package? I can do his entire moveset and I never trained.

And how is his size a factor, it should'nt matter to any straight guy, but if youre into that no harsh feelings. I'm not homophobic, so to each their own.

I guess Arnold Schwarzenegger is s better total package than Bret because he is taller and more jacked.

·
Lacey Evans Stole My Heart <3
305 Posts
You can literally find better athletes who are more exciting in the ring than him at your local indy show. So how can he be a total package? I can do his entire moveset and I never trained.

And how is his size a factor, it should'nt matter to any straight guy, but if youre into that no harsh feelings. I'm not homophobic, so to each their own.

I guess Arnold Schwarzenegger is s better total package than Bret because he is taller and more jacked.
You’re an idiot. That’s all I have to say.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Has to be between Triple H, Batista and Edge. Once Edge retired, the title never felt hugely again post Orton vs Christian feud that stemmed from Edge retirement.

With Triple H's reign, the whc felt like it was the big title in WWE so when he eventually lost it to Batista (yes did drop numerous times before but won it back quickly every time) which was also the end to Evolution, it evaluated Batista to the top level.

Batista' s reigns where good but to me, his was always hindered with injury. Missed WM 22 with injury which could of been Orton vs Batista. WM23 had good feud with Taker but then WHC was about Taker or Edge.

Edge. Well after his 2nd mitb cash in, WHC and Smackdown was about Edge until wwe switched the belt to Raw in 2008. Early 09, Edge was again WHC and got another WM main feud. 2010, Edge had Rumble win and another WHC WM main feud. After failed face run on Raw, heel run was OK but when he went back to Smackdown, he was again in WHC title picture, won the title and held until he retired. If he didn't retire in 2011, surely him and Orton would of been the big WHC feud.

So really now, the WHC has to be between Triple H and Edge. I voted Triple H but further thinking, Edge probably edges it as I preferred his feuds and matches during his runs.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts