Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who thinks cena can carry a match ? i think he can he carried batista,lashley and umaga to good patches plus at wrestlemania 28 will cena carry the rock?

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
He got decent matches out of bad wrestlers so I'd say yes, Cena can carry a match.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,056 Posts
It depends on who he's wrestling really. If he is working with a decent worker he can get a good match. But he can't carry wrestlers in the ring, just look at his match with The Miz at Wrestlmania 27.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,004 Posts
Who thinks cena can carry a match ? i think he can he carried batista,lashley and umaga to good patches plus at wrestlemania 28 will cena carry the rock?
He may have carried Lashley but he did not carry Batista or Umaga. Those guys more than held their own in those matches and made them great along with Cena.

I think Cena can carry guys like Khali, Miz and Truth to watchable matches but nothing good or great like what a Shawn Michaels could do with guys like Psycho Sid, Carlito, Chris Masters, etc.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
It's a proven fact. Cena has gotten watchable decent-to-good matches out of some of the worst workers in the business. That's the very definition of carrying a match.

Cena isn't carrying anyone to a five-star classic, but he can certainly carry someone to an entertaining WWE match.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
No, he can't. His matches are always the same, and for the record; Umaga, Batista and Bobby Lashley were all far superior workers to Cena, so if anything they carried him.

Lashley had the amateur background, and Batista has put on much more entertaining matches in his career than Cena. Umaga, on the other hand was an absolute beast and easily one of the best big men to ever step foot into WWE. As far as this "great match with Khali" goes, I've sure as hell never seen it. It's funny because people always bring up this match. It was your average Khali match. I've seen better from his matches with Dolph Ziggler in 2009.

All Cena does is let people beat him up for 10 minutes before he makes his superman comeback. If your idea of "carrying a match" is letting his opponent do all the work so he can make his lazy washed up comeback for the win, then yes. John Cena can carry a match.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
No, he can't. His matches are always the same, and for the record; Umaga, Batista and Bobby Lashley were all far superior workers to Cena, so if anything they carried him.

Lashley had the amateur background, and Batista has put on much more entertaining matches in his career than Cena. Umaga, on the other hand was an absolute beast and easily one of the best big men to ever step foot into WWE. As far as this "great match with Khali" goes, I've sure as hell never seen it. It's funny because people always bring up this match. It was your average Khali match. I've seen better from his matches with Dolph Ziggler in 2009.

All Cena does is let people beat him up for 10 minutes before he makes his superman comeback. If your idea of "carrying a match" is letting his opponent do all the work so he can make his lazy washed up comeback for the win, then yes. John Cena can carry a match.
Lashley is terrible. Umaga's best match was with Cena.

I suppose Khali carried Cena too.

But hey, i wouldnt expect a kennedy fan to understand

·
Registered
9,547 Posts

Spot on, Umaga was a good worker, the Khali match sucked and the Batista/Taker series was better than anything Cena has ever done.
even Truth carried Cena's lazy ass this year.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts