Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Don't see why WWE won't just do Wyatt Family vs League of Nations, two stables facing off against each other, easy common sense booking, but instead Wyatt is directionless and League of Nations are facing New Day? Lord almighty!

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Agreed. He's in limbo for a reason.

What;s really started to annoy me is the apologists who a. Blame his booking and b. Pretend he is a great promo.

The man can work a mic but that doesn't make him a good promo. The psychology of his promo's miss the mark and have done for close to 3 years, and that responsibility lies solely on him, because Vince gives him control over those promo's.
I could agree with you if his booking had been consistently good. I've seen you bashing Wyatt because he knows he's going to lose but he cut a promo about how he is going to destroy his opponent; putting aside the fact that none on the current roster applies that kind of psychology, and probably just a few guys in WWE history (like Ric Flair) ever did, I just can't see the reason to like someone who comes out tiptoeing around the fact he's going to lose in the end. Just think of it: as soon as someone figures out that heel wrestler X never claims he's going to win when he's booked to lose, what's the point of watching the match? He's going to lose, I wouldn't care.

And again, as I said, it's not like other people are applying Flair's psychology. Sheamus said he was to kick Reigns' ass, did he? Owens said he was going to win the US title from Cena, did he? Hell, Rollins said he was going to slay the Beast, did he? Nope, nope and nope. None of them did as promised. Yet their psychology is not questioned. Perhaps the WWE logic of making all the heels look like bitches should.

And just to be clear, I don't discard your opiniong, because you may have a point; perhaps coming out claiming to be the apocalypse but never delivering hurts Wyatt. But I still think that with a at least one win in those crucial moments, you wouldn't be thinking the same way.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Don't see why WWE won't just do Wyatt Family vs League of Nations, two stables facing off against each other, easy common sense booking, but instead Wyatt is directionless and League of Nations are facing New Day? Lord almighty!
I actually wouldn't mind a LON vs Wyatt Family storyline and match at WM 32, would be similar to the Shield vs. Wyatt Family. Not nearly as good but if done right could still be as entertaining.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I could agree with you if his booking had been consistently good. I've seen you bashing Wyatt because he knows he's going to lose but he cut a promo about how he is going to destroy his opponent; putting aside the fact that none on the current roster applies that kind of psychology, and probably just a few guys in WWE history (like Ric Flair) ever did, I just can't see the reason to like someone who comes out tiptoeing around the fact he's going to lose in the end. Just think of it: as soon as someone figures out that heel wrestler X never claims he's going to win when he's booked to lose, what's the point of watching the match? He's going to lose, I wouldn't care.

And again, as I said, it's not like other people are applying Flair's psychology. Sheamus said he was to kick Reigns' ass, did he? Owens said he was going to win the US title from Cena, did he? Hell, Rollins said he was going to slay the Beast, did he? Nope, nope and nope. None of them did as promised. Yet their psychology is not questioned. Perhaps the WWE logic of making all the heels look like bitches should.

And just to be clear, I don't discard your opiniong, because you may have a point; perhaps coming out claiming to be the apocalypse but never delivering hurts Wyatt. But I still think that with a at least one win in those crucial moments, you wouldn't be thinking the same way.
Others don't need to apply Flair's psychology because they are not going out there claiming to be the greatest professional wrestler in history, or, in Wyatt's case, claiming to be the "new face of fear". The vast majority of the roster are receiving 50/50 booking, or 40/60, 60/40 booking. Wyatt received an 82% loss record in 2015 and he has deliberately chosen not to adjust his promo psychology accordingly. Whichever way you look at it, there has been bad booking, but in addition to this, Bray Wyatt is one of the worst promo-writers in history. Sure, his delivery is top-notch, but the content is beyond awaful at this point.

In isolation, the "new face of fear" promo's were decent work from Wyatt. If he has these creative idea's, he needs to pick and choose when to use them, because he is 26 years old and could feasibly have 26 more years wrestling.

So he should be cutting the "new face of fear" stuff if/when Vince actually turns him into this very thing.

Uniquely, Wyatt/Vince/Trips go on record to state he gets total control of his promo's. Which is him exposing himself, because those are the promo's which are self-burying himself.

You could say "well what else is he supposed to do? Pretend not to win?" well, no. He should be going out there as a master of pain and sadism. The schtick should be: Win or lose, I will always hurt you. Of course booking plays a part, there would need to be little "injury" angles for each of his big opponents. I know WWE have mis-handled his booking but equally, he has mis-handled himself. I'll always maintain he is a good talker but I think he delivers a worse promo than Reigns, because none of them have any meaning at all. He may as well not be saying or doing anything.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
He needs a change in character of some sorts. He's had the exact same gimmick and has been doing the exact same thing for almost 3 years now and he's feuded with almost face on the roster not named Brock Lesnar.

·
Banned
63 Posts
The Wyatts biggest moments of momentum were in early 2014 when they were feuding with Daniel Bryan and The Shield... Before the Cena and Undertaker feuds ever began.
momentum doesn not equal push. Sure, The Wyatt's momentum peaked in
late 2013-early 2014, but they had not received a huge push, until after they had split up.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
momentum doesn not equal push. Sure, The Wyatt's momentum peaked in
late 2013-early 2014, but they had not received a huge push, until after they had split up.
You said they were "nothing" until they feuded with Cena and Taker, which is completely and utterly wrong. Having pretty much every crowd react strongly to what you're doing despite being a fairly new act is the textbook definition of mattering, and they were feuding with Daniel Bryan (most over man in the company, just came off winning the WWE Championship twice and main eventing five PPV's in a row to boot) and The Shield (an incredibly strongly booked faction with only one decisive loss as a team to date) before ever crossing paths with Cena or Taker.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Orton would be a perfect feud for him but it doesnt look like Orton will be back in time for Mania.

perhaps Kalisto? Give Wyatt the US title?

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
People still care about Bray Wyatt? His character means nothing anymore. And he's garbage in the ring. He was cool, but the ship has sailed.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
The Wyatts biggest moments of momentum were in early 2014 when they were feuding with Daniel Bryan and The Shield... Before the Cena and Undertaker feuds ever began.

That's when the character peaked. When Bray made Daniel Bryan turn heel, storyline wise of course. Once that was rejected (thank the Bryan fans), then that character started to go down. The Cena feud started off cool, but beside Cena winning, you knew what was coming. That storyline was basically Bray trying to turn Cena heel, when they actually try to do that storyline with Cena and Kane two years earlier. Not only has Bray Wyatt ever targeted the current champion or even expressed interest in going after the WWE title.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I said it a long time ago and I'll say it again. With this gimmick he is stuck. He over does it with the promos and just has no where fresh to go. It was cool to some people for a while but just like everything else it has ran it's course. If he doesn't turn anti hero which seems a hard thing to do in a totally PC era, this gimmick will struggle forever. He has to be the creepy uncle everyone loves for this to ever break through the ceiling.

41 - 60 of 150 Posts