Wrestling Forum banner

Who the fuck is Sin Cara?

25822 Views 227 Replies 110 Participants Last post by  JM
:lmao all this hype about this guy just makes me laugh, I was watching RAW the other day with some friends and they were building up this guy's debut as if he was Bill Goldberg or some huge star that's coming back from exile.

I had never ever even heard of this guy before the reports of him signing, I was like oh whatever, this must be another good wrestler being called from the indies, but I never knew he would get this much attention.

Even if he's supposed to be some huge star, why are WWE building his debut as if everyone knew him and he's someone huge.
Reactions: bboy
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 228 Posts

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Re: Who the fuck is San Cara?

It's Sin Cara. Formerly Mistico from CMLL. A legitimate international superstar. He's the next Rey Mysterio, that's why they're building him up this way.

If you've never heard of him, that's your problem.

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts

Dunno, i figured he was Rey Mysterio's son or something.

All you really need to know is he's huge in Mexico and fast as fuck.

· Banned
4,461 Posts

He's one of the last big draws in professional wrestling

14,626 Posts

Rated R™;9462194 said:
:lmao all this hype about this guy just makes me laugh, I was watching RAW the other day with some friends and they were building up this guy's debut as if he was Bill Goldberg or some huge star that's coming back from exile.

I have never ever even heard of this guy.

Even if he's supposed to be some huge star, why are WWE building his debut as if everyone knew him and he's someone huge.
He is a huge star in Mexico. I see nothing wrong with building him up as a star here from the getgo.

Why have him come in as a nobody? Might as well use his popularity in Mexico to get him over in America right?

· Premium Member
7,048 Posts

I have never ever even heard of this guy.

Even if he's supposed to be some huge star, why are WWE building his debut as if everyone knew him and he's someone huge
well he outdrew the almighty John Cena a few times in Mexico that sounds like starpower to me btw he's formerly known as Mistico go and check some of his stuff on youtube and then you'll understand

· Banned
149 Posts
That\'s what vignettes are supposed to do. They\'re supposed to create intrigue and interest in someone. If you haven\'t heard of him, then you do now, and you get the idea that he\'s supposed to be a big star. Goal achieved.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
That\'s what vignettes are supposed to do. They\'re supposed to create intrigue and interest in someone. If you haven\'t heard of him, then you do now, and you get the idea that he\'s supposed to be a big star. Goal achieved.
Exactly. I really fail to see how building a lot of hype for someone is a bad thing...especially when they already have a market cornered the way he does.

· Great One?..
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I've heard of Mistico, but that's about it, never watched him or anything.

Ok, I get he's a huge star in Mexico, but how in the blue hell does the WWE expect EVERYONE to know him, and that's exactly what they are going.

Exactly. I really fail to see how building a lot of hype for someone is a bad thing...especially when they already have a market cornered the way he does.
I've never had a problem with debuts being built up like ADR's was, but they actually built him up, who he was and what his intentions are in the WWE, while for Sin Cara their just airing videos of him dancing, and the commentator's acting like John Cena's twin brother is about to come in.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
I've heard of Mistico, but that's about it, never watched or listened to him.

Ok, I get he's a huge star in Mexico, but how in the blue hell does the WWE expect EVERYONE to know him, and that's exactly what they are going.

I've never had a problem with debuts being built up like ADR's was, but they actually built him up, who he was and what his intentions are in the WWE, while for Sin Cara their just airing videos of him dancing, and the commentator's acting like John Cena's twin brother is about to come in.
Well he is the next biggest draw next to John Cena, so twin-brother isn't far off being correct. But Mysterio arguably had worse hype videos if I remember correctly and I don't remember anyone bringing up a fuss with Mysterio's hype packages.

· Premium Member
7,048 Posts
I've heard of Mistico, but that's about it, never watched or listened to him.

you dont like mystery or excitement do you?

· Banned
4,461 Posts
It's not about everyone "knowing him". This guy is so good that he's gonna win fans over in the same capacity that Mysterio used to back in WCW in 1996...every month his pops got BIGGER and BIGGER. He was putting on legendary matches for a rookie. Just unheard of. That's what to expect from this kid.

· Great One?..
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not about everyone "knowing him". This guy is so good that he's gonna win fans over in the same capacity that Mysterio used to back in WCW in 1996...every month his pops got BIGGER and BIGGER. He was putting on legendary matches for a rookie. Just unheard of. That's what to expect from this kid.
The WWE can push Sin Cara's talents and what he HAS accomplished down our throats all they want, but until he does it in the WWE it's meaningless, IMHO.

People can expect all they from this guy, but until he proves it, we don't even have a discussion.

That's my problem, the WWE telling us that what he has accomplished in the past, he will accomplish just as much now.

Fuck that.

· Registered
2,419 Posts
The WWE can push Sin Cara's talents and what he HAS accomplished down our throats all they want, but until he does it in the WWE it's meaningless, IMHO.

People can expect all they from this guy, but until he proves it, we don't even have a discussion.

That's my problem, the WWE telling us that what he has accomplished in the past, he will accomplish just as much now.

Fuck that.
I don't really see why you are making such a fuss about all the hype for Mistico. It is the way WWE are choosing to bring him in. Your saying his accomplishments outside WWE are meaningless yet the WWE themselves are choosing to hype those accomplishments. Just let the guy debut and then make up your mind about him. :no:

1 - 20 of 228 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.