Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all, and off-topic; King of the Ring winner will be Alberto Del Rio.

Anyway, great cash in for the Miz! It almost felt just as good as a victory clean in a singles match, nice counter to the RKO into the finale. :)

I'm afraid the Miz will just be a transitional champion though. In the coming weeks Orton will schedule his contracted rematch. At TLC, Miz and Randy Orton will face off, and I believe to give the Miz even more credibility and more than a one month title reign, he will win.(via some gimmicky ladder tactic)

Orton will then decide to enter the rumble since the next guy up for a title shot against the Miz will be Wade Barrett. Barrett will manage to become the #1 contender going into the Rumble and opt to face the Miz 1 on 1. He will win, and become the new WWE champion.

As for the Rumble match, The Nexus will dominate the Rumble match via group advantage and inadvertently lead Cena to win the rumble.

While all this is going down; Kane handily defeats Edge at TLC and loses the title to a returning Undertaker at the Rumble or Elimination Chamber.

In a surprise, instead of using the rumble win to take the belt away from Barrett, Cena will challenge the WHC Undertaker on Smackdown to try and end the streak.

I don't know who Barrett will feud with after the Rumble during his championship reign and going into WM. Probably the likes of Sheamus, Orton, Big Show. When the draft hits a bunch of crazy twists will happen but I expect Barrett to lose the title at WM, Sheamus to get drafted to Smackdown, and Big Show to be drafted to Raw.

Miz and Morrison will feud, and prove they don't need anyone to carry them to have a great feud.

Cena vs Taker
Wade Barrett Walks intos WM as WWE champ
Miz is a transitional champion for Wade Barrett right now

Bookmark this so you can come back to rep when this happens

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Kane is going to wrestlemania against Undertaker. Cena? That has no build up at all. It's just the IWCs wet dream. They didn't get a cena heel turn either did they?

The Miz cash in was... not as well done as could be. Previous cash ins were quick and decisive. The match against Orton practically made Miz look weak. Orton dominated the match and he was storytelling a hurt leg and exhausted from the previous match. Out of all the cash ins so far this one was uncertain and thats not a good start for Mizs title reign.

However I don't see Miz as a transitional champ. It's been done too much. Sheamus was one. Swagger was one. I just don't see Vince McMahon making that decision when he needs new blood in the main event.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
It's the Royal Rumble it doesn't need a top face vs top heel to draw.
Sure it has happened before at the Royal Rumble, (Triple H vs Kurt Angle, Orton vs Sheamus although people were already cheering for Orton), but still, I think that both of them are drawing too much heat to be facing each other in a title match on ppv. We'll see what happens soon enough.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Eh , that all sounds about right... but you say this stuff like you know 100% for fact

I'm pretty sure nearly everyone thought for instance Barrett would be WWE champion @ Bragging rights , then later everyone thought so at Survivor Series... so it just shows you no matter how beleivable a wwe prediction is it might not turn out that way

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Wade Barrett as champ heading into Wrestlemania? LOL what's he going to do cut a promo on the biggest stage of them all? have you seen his last two ppv main event matches? they were total crap the guy knows like 4 moves and looks lost. When he can wrestle a decent 8 minute match I'll believe he can be a champion heading into the biggest event of the year.

Great on the mic, entertaining as hell but not good enough to be sold as a champion yet. Nobody will pay to see him wrestle, every match he's been in has had a gimmick to cover his lack of skill.

And I do think he's awsome and has great potential but he's been rushed and if it weren't for the gimmicks he'd be in the mid card already.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I agree with Paladine. Unless something unforeseen occurs, Miz will not be a transitional champion. He's probably your champion going into Wrestlemania. WWE sees this guy as a mega-star of the future, someone who will probably reach the ultra-tip top of the main event with Cena, Orton, et. al. They haven't spent the last 19 months slowly, consistently pushing him with such delicacy and effectiveness for him to be anything less than one of your top main event figures for a long, long time.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I agree with Paladine. Unless something unforeseen occurs, Miz will not be a transitional champion. He's probably your champion going into Wrestlemania. WWE sees this guy as a mega-star of the future, someone who will probably reach the ultra-tip top of the main event with Cena, Orton, et. al. They haven't spent the last 19 months slowly, consistently pushing him with such delicacy and effectiveness for him to be anything less than one of your top main event figures for a long, long time.
EC at best --'

·
Registered
619 Posts
I would like to see The Miz remain the champion until Mania. We could have The Miz v/s Cena at Mania. Let's see how WWE plan this thing out.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
It makes sense for Miz to have cashed in now, as Orton was out of opponents who could be seen as a legit threat now that Sheamus is working mid-card with Morrison.

Miz will have his obligatory defence against Orton, which he will win, and he will then feud through RR/EC with a returning face (most likely Jericho). I think Miz will likely retain until Mania, where he'll drop the title to Cena or HHH.

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,108 Posts
Good idea on Nexus dominating the rumble via group advantage but not so sure on the Cena winning again idea. I think this would be a step backwards imo. Cena dosent need a rumble win AGAIN to get back in the title picture. They should use the rumble to elevate a 'NEW' superstar's career in the biggest way possible. Perhaps someone who hasnt been champion before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts