Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Mid 2015 was when I started to notice and care about the women. So 4HW.

·
Forever Blissful
1,669 Posts
Some say Paige, some say Emma, some say AJ Lee, some say the 4 Horsewomen.

But who actually started it in your opinion?
AJ Lee laid the kindling and started the proverbial fire, the rest made it burn brighter. #Fact

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Stephanie McMahon.
She's the one who started the hyperbolic bullshit with the women.

Vince was probably more than happy giving them 3 minutes.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Outside the WWE I would say Ronda Rousey. You can't overrate her success in MMA. You can't be a moron and be a legit crossover superstar. Coming from the Octagon and getting into different types of media, getting endorsement deals, getting new eyes on the product of UFC. From that period of 2012 to 2015 16 She was a supernova. People who never watched MMA instantly recognized Rousey. I would give her credit.

Inside the WWE whoever was putting together the Paige Emma matches as the Four Horsewomen matches in NXT from again that time period of 2012 to 2016. It's no coincidence that these two things were happening at the same exact time. It was a combination of those things and how our society made women a legit marketable commodity in the last few years. It's no coincidence.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I guess its case by case right.

Certainly the Initial buzz was Paige in NXT,
That was certainly the thing that peaked my interest in women's wrestling again.

·
A stanning today 💋
9,045 Posts
No single person did, it was just a conscious decision by WWE to give them more exposure because they felt there was an untapped market.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Becky at WrestleMania 32 was the first time I didn't see people getting up to go take a bathroom or snack break during a Women's Wrestling match at WrestleMania since like, the Attitude Era.

It's amazing what the introduction of a real title can do!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts