Wrestling Forum banner

Punk, Bryan Or Strowman - Who should AEW sign?

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of the three biggest agents in the world of wrestling should AEW sign the most and why? Punk, Bryan Or Strowman?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
1. DB - great talent. Great person to have on the roster. Can help out other talent and help teach them if needed. Has star power still and is still relevant.

2. CM Punk - great talent, but he would just bitch about everything and everyone. He would bury everyone. He would want to put himself over constantly and would probably only want to work with top guys.

3. Braun - has some star power and is big, but he sucks. Crappy wrestler. Seems like a shitty person and is in it only for himself.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
I want to say none of them really. Roster is stacked already and a debuting guy like Tommy End needs the air time to build him up.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
None of them would increase the TV ratings after the initial jump.

CM Punk has intrigue and would be a good signing for the 1 million people who do watch (DVR included).

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'd only see Stroman going to AEW. Punk thinks the company is a joke and Bryan would likely only sign to work a few matches.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Bryan or Punk, I dont want to see Strowman there. Bryan is the better wrestler, but Punk would make a bigger impact given his past with WWE.

I'm not gonna lie, I'd mark the F out if I got to see the American Dragon come out to The Final Countdown one more time.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
All 3 would make an impact but I think Punk will be the biggest signing of AEW and will make the biggest impact in the promotion. Punk vs Omega is a main event level match that can do serious PPV business in AEW.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Strowman doesn’t move the needle at all. They already have guys like Daniel Bryan.

Punk would be a needle mover. If they got him for All Out in Chicago it’d be epic.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I read a rumor somewhere that mlw is looking to sign Braun.
That is actually a really good spot for him. I can't see anyone (besides AEW) paying what he is asking though.

I voted for Bryan Danielson. He has the most value because he has recent history in the WWE against the top guys. He also fits the fanbase very well. His history with Japan obviously fits and he could be considered the guy who paved the way for a show like AEW to exist because he broke the WWE mold. Not to mention the excitement of him being able to work with as many companies as he wants.

Punk would be cool, but he seems to want the perfect situation. He would likely be very selective and not be interested in anything beyond a high priced per appearance deal. I am all for a short run, but I don't expect anything beyond that.

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
I think Punk is mostly washed at this point. Gone so long that nobody would care. I guess All Out always in Chicago is a benefit to him as there's always that chance. But I don't think I'd care all that much. I think he's overrated in-ring and a primadonna personality. Ain't no money matches waiting for him IMO

Braun is too big for the roster. Not a fit.

Bryan vs Omega is probably biggest match AEW could make. I worry for both though if such a match ever happened. I vote Bryan mostly because I want "American Dragon" Brian Danielson to ring out one more time. He's past his prime to the level he could disappoint, or injure himself trying to do what he no longer can (or should be doing).

·
Registered
521 Posts
Bryan is the best fit.

Punk was overrated in his time and by the end he was sloppy. Perhaps the sloppiness was because of injuries or him not feeling invested but he was sloppy so that's a mark against. He'd make the biggest splash but would he be the best guy long term? I don't think so. Bryan will always be better because he's not an arrogant douche and will help people out and not be bitter about everything while making an ass out of himself in public and on social media.

Braun wouldn't fit in AEW.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
I don't think Punk would work because of backstage reasons, plenty of people have said how difficult he is to deal with, all it would take is someone to have the idea to do something he didn't like and he'd mentally check out of working with the company.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Daniel Bryan is the bigger star of the 3. CM Punk I don't think he has interest in wrestling again and his star power, has since cooled down (although he was a huge star at one point).

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Realistically in this order:
1) Bryan (give this a 90% chance he signs and debut's at the grand slam show in new york)
2) Braun (feel like he adds star power and with Marc Henry making comments before about both sides being interested, I can see him using his pull to get him in the company)
3) Punk (don't even see this as a possibility honestly...guy just doesn't seem interested anymore)

1 - 20 of 184 Posts