Wrestling Forum banner

Who Should Headline WrestleMania 27?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, assuming that Edge will hold the belt until WM, who do you think should face him in the main event? I don't include Kane in the poll because i don't think he should get another shot at the title, he will probably get another shot when he cashes in his rematch clause or competing inside Elimination Chamber, but he will most likely fail to win in these two occasions anyway so i think he won't be in the WM main event. I don't know about Rey's current condition but if that recent report is true that he's injured for real then i don't think he will get in the WM main event either, i expect Del Rio to take him out in near future so he can heal up. As for Big Show, nah, i just simply don't see it, despite getting booked pretty strong this year he's pretty much irrelevant if we're talking about the main event picture, so he shouldn't get in the WM main event. I don't think Taker should be in the WM main event either, he's still not done yet with Kane or Nexus, and we've already seen Edge vs. Taker many times before so i don't think they should do this match again at WM. It's also too early for Ziggler to headline WM, he even hasn't dropped his IC title yet.

Christian, Kofi Kingston, and Alberto Del Rio, these three names seem to get tossed around pretty often here, and each of them has different strength of possibility in term of main eventing WrestleMania, but this is not about who do you think will main event WM, but who should headline WM. So, who is your pick?

Well, for me this is a tough one, but my pick is Christian. Edge and Christian has strong history together, they both already won tag team titles numerous times but since they split up Christian hasn't won any world title while Edge has just won his 10th world championship, they should incorporate this fact into their storyline which will lead to Christian's first world title win at WM. I'm not a huge Christian supporter by any means but i'm sure this will be a money feud if it's done right.

I actually like Kofi a lot and i want him to get more success, but i don't think he should be in the WM main event next year, i'd like to see Kofi winning MITB first, i think he's more suitable as Mr. Money in the Bank, it will be a surreal moment to see him taking the briefcase and then holding it every week while the fans keep chanting his name and desperately getting more eager to see him cashing in, and when the day he cashes in arrives i'm sure the arena will explode and it will be one hell of great moment, a moment where the long wait and hard work finally pay off. And also, being Mr. MITB will help him tremendously, he can develop his babyface character while he's holding the briefcase until he's completely ready to be a main eventer and when the time has come, he can cash it in.

As for Alberto Del Rio, well, it's obvious he will become a world champion sooner or later and i'm not opposing it because he's good and seems ready to become a main eventer, but it doesn't have to take place in WM, i'd prefer if they delay his world title win until sometime next year after WM, i'd say let Christian has his moment first at WM, and Del Rio can take the title off him at anytime after that.

Who is your pick?

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Kofi's my pick, though I'm not quite sure who he'll face for the title, maybe Miz assuming that he wins the Rumble and picks the WWE Championshp? And besides do you honestly see Christian headlining any PPV at all much less Wrestlemania? The guy can't even headline Smackdown.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Just off the top of my head, the guys who could easily main event on SD:

Taker
Kane
Big Show
Rey
Edge

People who COULD main event:

Kofi
Del Rio
Christian

Out of who's there, my first choice would be Christian vs Edge. It's got history, it's been long awaited on a big stage, they're both over, it hasn't been done to death.
Bar that, all I can think of (in terms of plausabilty) would be Kane wins at EC/Rumble, then Taker faces him one last time at Mania. I don't really wanna' see it again but at Mania, I think it could be really fun for their last ever encounter.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kofi's my pick, though I'm not quite sure who he'll face for the title, maybe Miz assuming that he wins the Rumble and picks the WWE Championshp? And besides do you honestly see Christian headlining any PPV at all much less Wrestlemania? The guy can't even headline Smackdown.
Well, in this thread i'm not talking about his chances of headlining WM because i fully realize his chance of main eventing WM is pretty much 0, lol, i just want to talk about who deserve to main event WM next year, and i think Christian is capable of handling such responsibility, i mean, he carried ECW brand all year and got pretty good babyface reaction during that time, not to mention that he has great chemistry with Edge so his feud with Edge should be a money feud and could lead to a great, emotional moment at WM, but i think you already knew this.

But if i'm being realistic, there's no superstar other than Edge and Del Rio who seem likely to headline WM, most of the young superstars are mostly having no momentum or no indication of getting sudden big push, and the veterans are either already getting his shot at the title many times (Kane), irrelevant (Big Show) or injured (Taker, Rey). So that only leaves Del Rio as the most plausible choice to get the title shot against Edge, who i assume will walk into WM as champion. I think they will probably have Christian vs. Del Rio blow-off match in #1 contendership match for World Heavyweight Championship, and we all know Del Rio will obviously win it.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
If it's Edge as world champ, then it should be Edge-Christian in the main event. That feud has 10+ years of story behind it already and however much weeks of build they decide to add on SD to it.

Kofi should win MITB. He's one of the few guys left who ppl have been waiting awhile to get a title shot and hasn't gotten it yet. Morrison gets his first one on one shot at the rumble and if Christian wins the rumble, Kofi is one of the few who still hasn't gotten the one on one shot

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
It's so obvious it's going to be Christian. Edge even mentioned Christian last night in his championship address. To all the smug bastards on this board who keep asserting that he has no chance in Hell - prepare yourselves for a huge freakin' "told ya so"!

·
Is a Snit Head
22,269 Posts
I think Edge is the only guy that we will see Christian get a real main event shot against. Christian has back for a while now and he really hasn't been doing much of anything with Edge. I would hope that WWE was saving this for a special time and I can't think of a bigger stage to have it than Wrestlemania. I'm not sure if they will have it for the title though. Edge doesn't exactly have a history of having lengthy title runs.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
all 3 are good but my vote goes to christian

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
^ Chances are, if Christian is going for a World Title at Mania, ADR's gonna get involved in the match somehow, seeing as he's the person responsible for Christian's injury.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They can always be creative and set Christian away from Del Rio in time, like i said earlier, they will probably set #1 contendership match between Christian and Alberto Del Rio, and then Rey will interfere during the match and costs Del Rio the victory, which will lead to a blow-off match between Rey and Del Rio at WM with in some sort of gimmick match like a street fight or Last Man Standing match or something like that, and Christian can freely go in the WM main event challenging Edge for the world title, i know that sounds unlikely but hey this WWE, anything can happen.

Off topic: this is from Christian's twitter, it's his comment on Edge's world title victory at TLC, maybe it is just me but his comment sounds touching while somehow kinda depressing at the same time, i thought i might share it here, lol.

Congrats2 Edge now a 10x WHC.Who'd a thunk it 20yrs ago whn we were wrestling n SnowBanks n my parents back yard tht Im looking at right now

1 - 20 of 59 Posts