Wrestling Forum banner

Who should have won WCW World War 3?

355 4
We all talk about who should have won the Royal Rumble, so who should have won WCWs version?

Actual winners, interestingly were all NWO members -

1995 - Randy Savage, faced Ric Flair for the world title at Starrcade.

1996 - The Giant, faced Lex at Starrcade, Hogan faced Piper in the main event.

1997 - Scott Hall, didn't get his shot at the title until Uncensored, Hogan faced Sting at Starrcade.

1998 - Kevin Nash, faced Goldberg for the World title at Starrcade.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
5,783 Posts
1996 - Savage or Piper (Delay Savage going nWo until early the following year).
1997 - Sting
1998 - Bret Hart (This would have been a year long build to put Bret in the title match against Goldberg at Starrcade '98)

· Premium Member
46,590 Posts
1995 - I'm okay with Savage winning in 95, though the situation surrounding it was a bit silly.
1996 - I'm fine with The Giant winning because it started his character arc and face turn to break from the nWo, go against Hogan, and start teaming with Luger. Piper could have won it and that would have been fine, but I'm good keeping it with the unstoppable big guy.
1997 - Scott Hall winning was interesting, but ultimately went nowhere. Looking back on it, I would have just had Sting win it. Repel down to the ring, throw bitches out, and get his title shot. Hell, I'd even have the nWo dominate the whole match and there be no one left but 10 nWo members, and then Sting comes down and cleans house.
1998 - I have two thoughts with this one: Either save Goldberg's title victory over Hogan for Starrcade and have him win WW3 here to get that shot, or to set up a great opponent for Goldberg, it would have been nice to see Bret or DDP get it.

· Registered
5,413 Posts
1995 Savage without the Hogan BS
1996:Luger would have given him the title earlier
1997:Raven which would have led to a program with Sting after Sting beats Hogan clean at starrcade
1998:I really have no problem with Nash whosoever he was pretty over. So I'll leave it as is

· Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went slightly different.

1995 - Luger, the guy had literally won the Royal Rumble the year before, stunned the industry in his Nitro debut, he could have easily been the man in 1995. It sets up another Luger Flair battle and then Hogan/Luger in 1996.

1996 - The Giant was probably the right choice.

1997 - like other have said, Sting cleaning house was the only way to go.

1998 - Newly debuted Bam Bam Bigelow. WCW was lacking in the big beast guys at that time. He had just come off a great run in ECW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts