Wrestlers that should have been World Champions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who do you think should have been a world champion but never was?

Rick Rude/Mr Perfect - Both guys were extremely talented and were great on the mic. The only reason they never became world champion was because during their prime years Hulk Hogan was always on top and back then there weren't too many heel world champs. If the WWF back then was like it was now then they both would have been multiple time chapions.

Scott Hall - The man probably would of eventually won a world title if it wasn't for Hogan and/or Nash. The man was great on the mic, had a sweet finisher in the Razor's/Outsider's Edge, great character, charisma. He could been a fantastic world champion as a heel or face.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts - We all know that Jake has gone down hill past in the last few years. But back in the 80's/90's he was one of the best heels in the buisness. He was one of the most intense wrestlers i've ever seen and his promos always seem to capture peoples attention. Great in ring psychology. I'll never know why he never won the big one. Maybe Vince knew then what we know now.

Arn Anderson - One of the best wrestlers of his day. He was a great technical wrestler. He could slug it out with the best of them and he could talk as good as anyone. But if he had won the title it would have broken up the Horsemen and who knows how things would have turned out.

Roddy Piper too. The guy was great.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I know many people do say that Owen should have been a world champ, but do you really think he'd ever have won the world title when guys like Austin,Rock,HHH were the guys he had to compete with for the main title? I really think Owen would have just been the late 90s/early 2000s version of todays Christian. WWE might give him the title eventually,but near the end of his career before he was gonna retire

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I know many people do say that Owen should have been a world champ, but do you really think he'd ever have won the world title when guys like Austin,Rock,HHH were the guys he had to compete with for the main title? I really think Owen would have just been the late 90s/early 2000s version of todays Christian. WWE might give him the title eventually,but near the end of his career before he was gonna retire
That's probably a good comparison tbh. Character wise they do remind me of one another.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,733 Posts
Rick Rude, Roddy Piper, and Jake Roberts mainly. All three were phenomenal heels and had charisma out the ass. Rude was the perfect cocky heel and Piper was the best heel of the 80s. Roberts on the other hand was so sadistic in his promos and I believe that his personal problems kept him from a world championship.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
DiBiase the Million Dollar Man, could you have imagined him as WWE Champion, I know I could, he would have been the perfect cowardly heel champion, he would be like the JBL of the 1980s in terms of his title reign

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Rick Rude, Jake Roberts, Mr Perfect and Ted DiBiase should have had at least one title reign each, and Roddy Piper definitely deserved the title during his feud with Hulk Hogan.

Scott Hall was talented and could have held the World Title in WCW, but not as deserving as the names above, and I believe his abilities are overrated by much of the IWC.

Loved Bulldog and Owen, but they were competing with Bret and HBK (plus Sid and Diesel were popular big guys, albeit with half the talent) in the mid 90's, and then Austin, Taker, Mankind, Rock, Triple H etc. Could have been interesting if Owen beat Bret for the title during their feud, but there was never a stage where they were absolutely deserving of the WWF Title.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts