Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This right here. Only thing I don't like about these guys is they're a little smaller than I'd like (I prefer bigger wrestlers, a la HHH, Taker, Batista, Austin, Rock, etc).
Barrett and Sheamus are both around the 6'5/6'6 mark which is bigger than Rock, Austin or HHH, but I guess if you're talking muscle mass/definition then Rock/HHH beat all four. I think Sheamus is pretty damn ripped, it's just that he's so pale so it shows barely any definition.

I also really like Sheamus, I think he's fantastic in-ring and I'd like to see him involved in a good storyline leading up to WM. I do fear that he's becoming too much of a babyface, I think he'd work well as a tweener/heel that gains respect through his wrestling/character.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I know what you mean to be honest, but I was just passively giving some popular examples of charismatic wrestlers, wasn't try to focus on HBK.
No worries. The guy on your sig has a lot of potential.

HBK, numbers aside, was a great performer.

I don't know your age, but I was watching in the 90's.

WWE has brainwashed the younger generation in believing HBK was bigger than he actually was

·
Registered
22 Posts
This right here. Only thing I don't like about these guys is they're a little smaller than I'd like (I prefer bigger wrestlers, a la HHH, Taker, Batista, Austin, Rock, etc).

First post. Hello folks.

Surely Sheamus and Wade Barret have enough size and strength to be pretty imposing in the overall picture?

Barret for me - crappy finishing move, and a bit of a bore on the mic...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No worries. The guy on your sig has a lot of potential.

HBK, numbers aside, was a great performer.

I don't know your age, but I was watching in the 90's.

WWE has brainwashed the younger generation in believing HBK was bigger than he actually was
Yeah I'm not going to lie, I'm only 17 so I've only watched highlights of HBK on TV specials/Youtube. I'd still list him under the great charismatic wrestlers, but I would place people like the Rock higher due to the fact I watched most of the Rock's career growing up and I have a much more informed opinion of him.

I think it's a common occurrence when popular wrestlers fully retire they get blown up into untouchable legend status, whether or not it's deserved is down to opinion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
First post. Hello folks.

Surely Sheamus and Wade Barret have enough size and strength to be pretty imposing in the overall picture?

Barret for me - crappy finishing move, and a bit of a bore on the mic...
He's great on the mic - an intelligent and believable heel rather than the boring, one-dimensional and predictable Del Rio. WWE is in dire need of some good heels at the moment.

·
Registered
629 Posts
First post. Hello folks.

Welcome. Sheamus is indeed big all around (height and muscle mass), but guys like Barrett, Rhoads, and Ziggler are fairly tall but have less muscle mass than I'd like.

Don't get me wrong I like all of the guys I mentioned and think they all deserve pushes and are the future, but I still prefer the guys with more muscle mass. They just seem more imposing, more badass, and more believable as legit threats and more suitable for being in the main event picture.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'll go with the common answer in Wade Barrett, strokes of brilliance in his character and mic skills. WWE should be worried though, they've got 3 strong prospects for the future heels in Cody, Dolph, and Wade all of whom are being elevated. Who have they got in the mid-card as a solid face that is being pushed other than Zack Ryder?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'll go with the common answer in Wade Barrett, strokes of brilliance in his character and mic skills. WWE should be worried though, they've got 3 strong prospects for the future heels in Cody, Dolph, and Wade all of whom are being elevated. Who have they got in the mid-card as a solid face that is being pushed other than Zack Ryder?
They should go back to the better way of naturally building a face - don't make them make really obvious appeals to the crowd about how the city is famous for its good crowd or something (John Cena this past week on Raw - fucking yawn). For example, if Ziggler is in a storyline where he turns against Swagger and Vickie but doesn't start sucking up to the crowd and instead becomes a face gradually through his charisma and his wrestling ability, I think that would be great. If that worked with Ziggler then a Ziggler/Punk feud would be fantastic - reminiscent of Rock/Austin in terms of how equally popular both of them were.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
nahh he's jobbing on smackdown now ;)

anyways i want drew to get a push, he's a young triple h they both have the same build and look
He beat Justin Gabriel recently on Smackdown and screamed ''I'm back baby'' off the mic after he won, so hopefully that wasn't just his character and he is actually back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Check back six months from now and watch the guy everyone wanted to see get pushed getting completely ripped to shit on this forum for being overrated.
Disagreed, judgement on who should be pushed is essentially based on natural charisma and wrestling skills, things that don't really change. If there is any complaining six months down the line it will be about whoever the pushed wrestler in question is not being given a good storyline.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome. Sheamus is indeed big all around (height and muscle mass), but guys like Barrett, Rhoads, and Ziggler are fairly tall but have less muscle mass than I'd like.

Don't get me wrong I like all of the guys I mentioned and think they all deserve pushes and are the future, but I still prefer the guys with more muscle mass. They just seem more imposing, more badass, and more believable as legit threats and more suitable for being in the main event picture.
I think the whole 'muscle mass' thing has become too much of an issue in terms of guys getting a premature push, often prematurely.

For example, i could imagine Mason Ryan having enough in-ring presence (and not too much else) to have a big run of matches with an established star, but i'd imagine it would burn out fairly quickly due to his limited ability/mic skills etc. Whereas, take the totally underused potential of Christian for example - with his current sneaky veteran persona - add to that a little mix of 'this guy is so dirty, so inexcusable, he'll do anything to win a match' type persona, then he becomes what the Miz was at the start of this year - only with 20 years of experience in getting his gimmick over behind him. No massive bulk required...

I would take Christian, in a long, long title run right now over almost anything.

And thank you for the welcome sir :)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Maybe they should give the people they have decent story lines and meaningful feuds before they give anyone a big push. They've given big pushes to way too many people lately. Most of whom aren't living up to the illusion that they were deserving of one to begin with. I'm looking at you, Zack Ryder and CM Punk.
How was Ryder undeserving for a push? Look at what he did just to get noticed. CM Punk too. He did heaps to deserve a push; he tried to make the WWE adapt and try to change their ways. He wasn't 100% successful though..

21 - 40 of 65 Posts