Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title speaks for itself. Knowing Jericho he will probably want to put over a young talent before retiring, i personally want him to face Wade Barrett in his very last match in WWE, i know these guys don't have much history together in the past other than NXT but that's just my preference anyway, i'm sure Wade will already be a huge star when Jericho is about to retire. How about you?

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Title speaks for itself. Knowing Jericho he will probably want to put over a young talent before retiring
he "puts over" a young talent every other week. it hardly even means anything anyway. he lost to JTG clean, and look where he is. i'd rather just see him have a classic bout. so i'd say Danielson.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
It'll probably be whoever is the hot new ascending young star at the time, since that's how Jericho rolls. If Jericho is to be believed, he won't be retiring for at least a couple more years yet, so I don't think Barrett would fit the bill since he'll most likely be a multiple-time champion by that point. Daniel Bryan, maybe. That would certainly produce a classic if given enough time.

But for all we know it could be Trent Barreta or Seth Rollins, or someone who hasn't signed with the company yet.

Jericho is all about the future. He'd want to put somebody "new" over in his last match, I'd guarantee that.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Danielson does seem a likely possibility, probably since there wouldnt be a better combination of wrestlers for a match

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's a tough one. I'd say it will be a staple star like HHH. I think Jericho will want to wrestler someone he respects. Perhaps someone who has helped him in the business and has a personal friendship. I mean, it should be someone like Chris Benoit or Eddie Guerrero, may both RIP.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I think Barrett would be a good one seeing as Jericho was his mentor. Could be a classic Teacher vs Student type story. It's a shame so many of Jericho's peers from his days in WCW and his early WWF/E days are no longer around or with the company as someone from that era would probably have been the perfect choice.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
If they hype it up enough then daniele bryan would be perfect. I think they would have a great match

ps: did jericho mention benoit in his dvd?
The mark in me would like to see him drop one of the world titles to Christian in his last match but I'm more likely to see a new Chris Benoit dvd quite frankly. Bryan would be great too, if not him then some indy guy who has yet to get the call up.

And no, Jericho didn't mention Benoit. While understandable, that was the biggest disappointment for me because they had some awesome matches against each other and not featuring any of them felt slightly wrong to me. Nevermind, there's always youtube.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Hiplop™;8918457 said:
it should be HHH.
Why on earth should it be Triple H?? It should be someone like Wade Barrett or Daniel Bryan.

...maybe it would be fitting since Jericho has beaten Triple H maybe twice? and retiring wrestlers always lose their last match...:rolleyes:

No. Fuck that. Give Jericho's retirement match to someone who could gain a huge push/advantage from it. Not someone who had a big chip on his shoulder about Jericho for the first part of Jericho's WWE career and tried to hold him down.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts