Who should end Undertaker's WM streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think should end the streak? It's safe to say that Taker has a maximum of 3 Wrestlemania appearances left in him, more than likely only 2. A lot of people have said that Cena should end it at WM28 but I disagree. Cena is already extremely popular and I think Undertaker would want to help out a new big star in a huge way when he retires.

For the poll, I've included 19 of the biggest stars in WWE right now, and have left an "Other" option if you feel it will be an outsider such as Lesnar, Goldberg, Sting, or perhaps you feel it is someone on the current roster who I didn't list, such as Ezekiel Jackson, Ted DiBiase or Cody Rhodes. Or maybe it will be someone who is not even in the WWE yet?

My vote goes to John Morrison at WM29 after Taker is already 20-0 with victories over Barrett and Cena. It would be great if it was his first world title victory as well. He would win the big one in the biggest way. This would be happening over 2 years from now, which means Morrison will likely already be an established main eventer or a guy who is long overdue. Hopefully by then, he will be good on the mic. Morrison is 31 right now, and would be 33 at WM29. With the way he takes care of himself and the shape he is in, he can easily give us 10 more years of wrestling to make this huge push worthwhile and deserving.

Otherwise, if they decide not to elevate a young up-and-comer, my vote would go to Christian at WM28. Christian will be 38 by that time but it would make a great story if he wins his first world title off of Edge this year at WM27, has a year-long run with it all the way through to WM28 where he meets the Undertaker and ends the streak. Then a couple years later after he's won and lost the belt a couple times, Christian can put someone else over and retire. Haha, well one can dream.

What do you guys think? Who and when?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Once again, nobody. "The streak" is at a point now, going for 20 years, where it would be an incredibly stupid decision to have him lose at WrestleMania. He'll retire 20-0, the way it should be.

·
Better than you
890 Posts
I'm calling it right now: Triple H beats Undertaker in (you guessed it!) a Buried Alive match to end his streak at WM 30.

Because that's what Triple H does best: bury people.

Reactions: sean 590

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It shouldn't end, simple as
Once again, nobody. "The streak" is at a point now, going for 20 years, where it would be an incredibly stupid decision to have him lose at WrestleMania. He'll retire 20-0, the way it should be.
You guys are crazy. Mark Calaway is going to INSIST that it ends and that he is able to put someone over before he retires. He is the locker room leader and has spent years being the guy that everyone looks up to. He cares a lot about the younger guys and the future of the WWE. He will want to put someone over. So I think you folks need to accept that in the next 3 WM's, the streak is ending. I'd be really, really shocked if they decide not to end it.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
If Taker want's the streak to end then fair enough. But if this is some stupid WWE idea that someone should beat him it shouldn't happen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You guys are crazy. Mark Calaway is going to INSIST that it ends and that he is able to put someone over before he retires. He is the locker room leader and has spent years being the guy that everyone looks up to. He cares a lot about the younger guys and the future of the WWE. He will want to put someone over. So I think you folks need to accept that in the next 3 WM's, the streak is ending. I'd be really, really shocked if they decide not to end it.
See they won't end it because if they do.. that superstar then has the tag of killing the undertakers streak, that person has to be able to take the WWE in the same way Taker himself, HHH, Cena and Orton have, Now point to 5 guys that could do that

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
this again? nobody.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Simple... no one.

If creative came to me and said it's ending no matter what, and I had to pick though - ADR would be my choice.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
See they won't end it because if they do.. that superstar then has the tag of killing the undertakers streak, that person has to be able to take the WWE in the same way Taker himself, HHH, Cena and Orton have, Now point to 5 guys that could do that
Exactly. That guy will be labeled as the man who retired the Undertaker, just like 'Taker to Shawn, and Shawn to Flair (okay, that's a bad example). Whoever is "chosen" to do so will be under a ridiculous amount of pressure for the rest of his career. Nobody currently on the roster would be able to do it.

By the way, putting over young guys is fine, but that rules out Cena, Orton, Punk, etc. Barrett is next in line, but there is NO WAY they'd have him do it.

·
wish me luck
22,508 Posts
Well Orton should ended it back in the time when he faced Taker, the same goes for Shawn Michaels in the last 2 years...anyway as for now i just think it shouldn't end but if Taker wants to so my pick is Cena or Orton.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
No one, cause no one deserve to end his streak on that list. John Cena is just credible enough do it, but everyone else don’t deserve it or credible to end such a legendary streak like The Undertaker‘s.

If anyone who should of end it, it should of been Randy Orton back at Wrestlemania 21 at his absolute best and it was at the perfect time.

·
#1 A**hole
1,394 Posts
I honestly think that he should stay undefeated at WM.. I just never see him loosing there and hope that he doesn't.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
this is easy one, john cena has the experience and ability to end taker streak

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
Orton, HHH, Kane, Big Show & Edge have had their chance so they can be summarily dismissed. If a newbie like Wade, Del Rio or Swagger beats Taker then it would make a mockery of the streak and would be remembered as an insult to him all of his previous opponents/victims. It really, truly comes down to Cena. Undertaker vs. Cena at Wrestlemania could potentially be the most epic pro-wrestling match since Hogan/Andre. It would be edge of your seat shit.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Wasn't this thread just done?

Anyway, the only logic person to end Takers streak is Michelle McCool.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man, you guys are all nuts.

Let me school you in Wrestling Politics 101.

When you start a strong career, you come in and the veterans use all their tools to put you over and create a prime main eventer out of you.

When you're in your prime, you leave your mark. You get a collection of great matches and victories and create your legacy.

When it's your time to go out, you use every tool you have available to put the next big star over. Taker has got a unique and powerful tool that can make an instant huge star out of anybody. Do you really think Taker and Vince are going to ignore this? What will open peoples' eyes more? A predictable 20-0 score that will just be written down in the history books and referenced on rare occasions by commentators as years go on? Or the night when [Insert Streak Breaker] became the first superstar to end the Undertaker's streak, retired him, and ran with the ball for 10+ years since then?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.