Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
24,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so let's just assume Jeff is out for a good while here like he should be. Who is the guy that should replace him as a top heel? I think one of the problems TNA has is they have been bi-polar having guys switch from face and heel far too often in the last year. That being said what I'm about to say are two more bi-polar changes. The first is the more likely one and the second the better choice in my opinion, but less likely one.

First of all in the long run I think the top heel should be Mr. Anderson. Anderson, while not the greatest wrestler, is far more effective as a heel than he is as a face. As a face Anderson comes across as trying way too hard to be cool and to get people to like him. Anderson is that one guy that so many feel could have been a big star that the WWE really dropped the ball on. Now you can argue whether he was an injury prone hack etc. etc., but either way there was a point where many felt he was the next big star. So if there is any "WWE Reject" that TNA should capitalize on it's Anderson. Now Anderson is the guy I'd have playing the top heel heading into BFG, so they don't have to turn him right away. They could just have him cheat to win the title from Sting or whoever. He shouldn't join Immortal or anything though. He should just be an asshole that went into business for himself.

The next one is really bi-polar, but I think in the long run he's THE man for TNA. This guy isn't an ex-WWE guy, which leads me to believe TNA will never have the faith to make him the top heel. However, I think this is the direction TNA really should go, even moreso than the more likely Anderson. Robert Roode. Everyone says Robert Roode is the guy in TNA that has it. These are ex-superstars, not just internet marks. I think most of us online see it too though and I think TNA has a perfect blueprint to turn him ASAP.

Yeah now I know Beer Money is pretty much one of the top 3 tag teams in wrestling, some probably feel the best, but the TNA tag team division isn't what it once was. These guys have accomplished all there is to accomplish and I feel that they are just squandering two guys that can have promising singles careers. Roode obviously being a top heel and Storm being a top babyface. Unlike MCMG, these guys have the look, the mic skills and the psychology to work as singles guys.

So here is the scenario that I offer up. Lockdown we have a Lethal Lockdown match between Immortal and Fortune. During the weeks leading up have Flair walk around with a briefcase full of money and say he's flipped someone on Fortune. He's got a man on the inside. Have brief conflict between all members, but they eventually reconcile and realize that Flair is just playing mindgames. Then at the PPV have Roode do the turn on his teammates and help Immortal pick up another victory. Roode, being the money in Beer Money obviously accepted the money and the power. Hogan/Bischoff/Flair then promise Roode to make him the top guy in Fortune for his help and loyalty.

Then Roode and Storm are still tag team champs so Roode tries to flip Storm. Storm is torn between AJ and Kaz and his buddy and partner Roode. They spend another month or two as champions and eventually implode. Then you spend the next 3 months or whatever building up the blowoff match between the two at BFG. I feel that Roode is just slightly weaker on the mic than Storm, but he has the better more cleancut look of a heel so then have Roode be managed by Flair and have him talk some, but also Flair to back him up.

· GIANTS
8,520 Posts
I've noticed Roode getting more and more mic time lately, so it could be a sign TNA is testing the waters for an eventual singles run. If they want to make him credible though, I'd push him straight to the top. If Hardy is gone (which he will be), they need to build some new stars up.

Have Sting defend the title against RVD/Anderson at Lockdown, and with Roode turning on his team, have him become the #1 contender. Let Sting put him over and have Roode run with the title. AJ/Roode, Storm/Roode, and Anderson/Roode could all be interesting. If Hardy cleans up, have him returns as a face and Roode/Hardy could be great.

Knowing TNA, they'll probably continue to hot shot the title until it goes back to AJ.

· Registered
210 Posts
Anderson should turn completly and be the top heel, he has the one thing that most others lack and that is mic skills and charisma and he plays the heel part to a T. Steiner would be a great choice too as a heel as we all know he can play that role great and his mic skills and shoot promos on other wrestlers are bar none comedic gold
The other choice that will never happen is Abyss, repackage him as a psycho bad [email protected]# and let him run wild

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts
Jeff Jarrett. I don't see anyone else worthy. Nigel is as good as done. Roode maybe is another but I think it's too late to push him now.

It'll probably be Anderson though. Until he pulls a major fuck-up of his own.

· Registered
3,242 Posts
It's a shame that can't use Desmond Wolfe. The Pope and Joe have been wasted in a pointless feud, and their performances have been lackluster lately.

Anderson is the only logical choice. The breakup of Beer Money would not be good with no tag teams to take their spot at the moment. Unless they can get the Briscoes and another team to come in. Things look rough for TNA decision wise.

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Anderson can fill the void as hogan's main heel and guy. i think he'll shine there. i kind of would prefer seeing morgan a heel too the guy is ultra boring as a face. he needs to be a destructive force like he was before the face turn. make those 2 guys the main bad guys of immortal and then.......profit. if hardy does ever recover turn him face again and rake in the comeback cash. then you give him a last chance if he fails then he is done you have someone like anderson or morgan end his career by taking him out. assuming hogan gives him one more chance to come back many months down the road.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
The man who should be top heel right now is the man who should have turned heel at Bound For Glory in October of last year and been World champion and that man is Ken Anderson, i can not fathom for the life of me still to this day why Jeff Hardy was turned heel other than Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff doing their usual short term shock value thing. You only had to look at the build up towards Bound For Glory to see that it made so much sense for Ken Anderson to turn heel and cost Kurt Angle his career by denying him the World title but TNA just can not book for shit.

When Ken Anderson was first on SmackDown as a heel and had no name value at all he managed to make most people see him as the top heel on the brand ahead of Booker T and Finlay who were actually the ones pushed as the top heels at that time, so we know just how great of a heel he can play. Then look at his character since coming to TNA and you will see he switched from heel to face very quickly but no one trusted him as he was a confessed asshole who couldn't be trusted, surely that is the man that you turn heel rather than someone who could very well have been in prison anytime around that period and who had never played a heel before.

What happened at Bound For Glory was just another one added to the list of great fuck ups by TNA in their booking because Ken Anderson outside of a steroid accusation in WWE has never had problems outside of the ring nor does he have an upcoming sentencing for drug possession in which he could and should be jailed for. If TNA really had any sense then they would turn him tonight at the Impact tapings and use the fact that he has been screwed in his World title hunt, it is so easy to book as he could simply come out in a match between Sting and A.N Other with Eric Bischoff at ringside and have Ken Anderson tease hitting Eric Bischoff but then attacking Sting instead.

That would mean hey presto you have a new top heel who is actually a very good heel and is also someone who has no outside vices or problems or distractions and who TNA could very well build a stable around seeing how good a mic worker he is. If i could book just one night or taping of Impact i would book Eric Bischoff cutting a promo in the ring in which he says Jeff Hardy dropped the ball and is now gone from Immortal and that tonight we would see Sting against Matt Morgan for the World title, after Sting had beaten Matt Morgan have Eric Bischoff in the ring with a chair which would bring out Ken Anderson who would take the chair and tease hitting Eric Bischoff before hitting Sting and then have Ken Anderson and Matt Morgan destroy Sting thus turning both men heel.

This would then see Immortal consist of Ken Anderson as the main man with Matt Morgan, Jeff Jarrett, Matt Hardy, Abyss, Gunner and Murphy, Rob Terry, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Eric Bischoff as the group of heels which looks much stronger up against Sting, Kurt Angle, Fortune, Scott Steiner and Crimson than they currently do with the drug addled Jeff Hardy at the helm. As a heel Ken Anderson and Matt Morgan also are so much better and also very believable as top heels in TNA, i believe that either of those two could beat anyone in TNA as the main men and that is surely the whole point of a top heel.

· Anti-Hero
11,709 Posts
Samoa Joe is still under a TNA contract and just wasting away in a pointless feud with Pope. Both are excellent but I get the feeling that they know that they have been given the shit end of the stick, thus lackluster performances.
Quit fuckin around and make Joe the monster heel he once was. Let him run roughshod over the entire roster like we all know he can.

· Registered
5,024 Posts
Roode. The feud with Booker T was main-event level. I think he's the perfect choice to lead Immortal, especially with his MDM rehashed gimmick. He's also never had any prior history of fucking up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.