Wrestling Forum banner

Who should be the next #1 Contender?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Del Rio has his rematch at Survivor Series, and almost certainly loses, who should face Cena next for the World Heavyweight Champion?

Personally, I think it should be Barrett. He's been missing for a while, and WWE should capitalize, and have him return, book him a lot stronger, and have him challenge Cena for the WHC. They should have him return on Raw, tomorrow. He should provide something new to the WHC picture.

Vote in the poll above.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I think they'll put Sandow in. But I would like to see Barrett have another feud with Cena - something he can truly sink his teeth into.

Then when Royal Rumble comes around you know what happens. ;)

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
I would like to see Sandow, but kayfabe he lost his chance and doesn't "deserve" another shot until he earns it again. It's TLC to elimination chamber, so it can be filler. I'd like to see Wade Barret there as well for the case of a filler.

I think Cesaro is no doubt going to be wrestling for the WHC title eventually, but not till after Mania, meaning I don't think against Cena at that point.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Anyone but Sandow. Use Sandow as a distraction. Some one who is in the back of cena's mind, someone constantly interferes in cena's matches and even could cost him his championship. youve just created a personal rivalry even before putting the on the line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Id love to see Ryback have The WHC. Not the WWE Title yet cause some guys get it way to early in there carrier and fall off the face of the earth aka The Miz. Ryback faces Cena at The Royal rumble as retribution for Cena eliminating him at last years Royal Rumble:cena5

·
Registered
10 Posts
I say Cesaro cus he's one of my favourites right now, and losing won't hurt him, main eventing a PPV and going 20 mins with Cena would be fantastic for him.
Agreed that would be something to see as well

·
Banned
46 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
The problem with that list is that with the exception of CM Punk and Kane, none of those guys are ready to be hold the WHC title. Ambrose needs to make his current US title reign actually mean something, Cesaro has been building momentum and looks like he'll get a Tag Team title reign but WHC? No. Not because he isn't good enough to be champion, but simply due to booking prior to his recent wins. Sandow? Just no. I don't care how charismatic and exceptional he is on the mic, HE LOST TO SANTINO TWICE instant drop of credibility. Dolph Ziggler just needs a few big wins and he's a good choice, his recent wins over Sandow and Axel just aren't enough. Wade Barrett? This same guy who can't stay relevant enough even as an IC title holder? Who constantly jobs and can't even get on TV. This is easily the worst choice.

As of right now, I'd love to see Ziggler, Punk, and Ryback building momentum and getting shots at Cena's WHC title. Those are the most logical choices.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts