Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know, WWE's gimmick PPV schedule has determined that a TLC match will have to take place at the next PPV. The problem with that is I can't think of a single feud at the moment that; a) needs a TLC match and b) would put on an entertaining TLC match.

Looking at the current feuds:

We've got Miz/Orton. That would be a hilariously bad TLC match for obvious reasons. No big bumps, no massive ladder falls or amazing spots. Not to mention it makes no sense that a feud would begin on a TLC match.

Then there's Kane/Edge. Yes, Edge has made a career out of TLC matches. But his opponent is Kane and he's not the same Edge anymore. I think WWE could choose this as their TLC match, but it's not going to be entertaining and do any buys.

There's Cena/Barrett. Again, not going to be exciting and no one would take any massive bumps. If they made it Cena and some of the Raw roster vs Nexus, that could work, as you'd have a few guys that can take bumps and pull off some cool spots like Gabriel, Morrison etc. Maybe there's a contract hanging above the ring that gives the winners control of Raw or something like that. I'm really reaching now.

And I doubt they'd put any of the midcard titles up for grabs in a TLC match. I really think WWE has screwed themselves over here.

Nevertheless, what do you guys think should be the TLC match at the PPV? I'm thinking it'll have to be Kane/Edge and as much as I love TLC's, I'm definitely not looking forward to it.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
i can imagine Edge and Kane having the TLC match

Miz and Wade vs Orton and Cena Chair Match

Daniel and Dolph vs Kaval and Ted Ladder Match for both belts

Usos vs Vladimir/Santino vs NXT in the Table Match, just like when the dudleys were around

·
Registered
757 Posts
Reading this thread is making me so anxious, because I'll be there at the Toyota Center in Houston, TX on December 19th!!!!

On topic - Well, what is Rey Mysterio doing nowadays? Kofi? Justin Gabriel? Surely WWE can find a way to put these guys into a TLC match. As you said, having a RAW vs. Nexus deal might happen. Or we could see the King of the Ring winner face the Miz at TLC.

·
Registered
93 Posts
first off if it was Cena vs. Barrett there would tons of bumps, when that finally happens they are gonna beat the holy living sh*t out of each other, I think they could sell Orton vs. Miz, I am not sure why there is so much hatred for the Miz has champ, the guys worked his ass off to get to this point, Theres so much the WWE can do, plus HHH is coming back I am not sure in what capacity. They have plenty of feuds and alot of new ones that are gonna develop leading into Wrestlemania "season" they could do alot with the main event.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first off if it was Cena vs. Barrett there would tons of bumps, when that finally happens they are gonna beat the holy living sh*t out of each other, I think they could sell Orton vs. Miz, I am not sure why there is so much hatred for the Miz has champ, the guys worked his ass off to get to this point, Theres so much the WWE can do, plus HHH is coming back I am not sure in what capacity. They have plenty of feuds and alot of new ones that are gonna develop leading into Wrestlemania "season" they could do alot with the main event.
No doubt Cena/Barrett will be awesome when it happens, but as a TLC? It'd suck. They're not the right type of wrestlers to fit a high energy TLC. Same with Orton/Miz, as a singles match it'll be decent (I'm a big fan of both guys), but they're kind of screwed in terms of a quality TLC match.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Danielson should put the US Title on the line in a Ladder match at the ppv, give him a decent opponent and it will be one hell of a match. Danielson/Miz in a TLC match would be jizz-worthy, but obviously that's not gonna happen.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
(WWE Champion) Miz Vs. (King Of tThe Ring) John Morrisson : TLC WWE title match

(World Heavyweight Champion) Edge Vs. Alberto Del Rio : TLC WHC title match
Make Kane drop title to Edge on Smackdown , I don't wanna see Kane in a TLC :no: or at all...

Divas title match : Natalya Vs. Beth Phoenix in a TLC match

Intercontinental championship match : Ziggler Vs. Kaval in a Ladder match

US title match : Daniel Bryan Vs. Tyson Kidd in a Ladder match

1 - 9 of 9 Posts