Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Excluding people signed to wwe,njpw,roh and tna. I think Dragon lee is the most charismatic and best looking lucha guy on the planet. If you are looking for the next rey mysterio I think thats him and not pentagon/Fenix. Also Adrian Quest. A very young new guy on the scene who is atlethic and charismatic.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Re: Who should Aew sign that is untapped potential?

Eli Drake, formerly of Impact, who now wrestles for the NWA promotion would make a solid addition to AEW. They need more good talkers and Drake is one of the best unsigned guys at cutting promo's. He's pretty good in the ring, too. Like Scorpio Sky, he's another guy who wrestled on the west coast in places like California for a long time but hasn't ever really received his big break.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Eli Drake, formerly of Impact, who now wrestles for the NWA promotion would make a solid addition to AEW. They need more good talkers and Drake is one of the best unsigned guys at cutting promo's. He's pretty good in the ring, too. Like Scorpio Sky, he's another guy who wrestled on the west coast in places like California for a long time but hasn't ever really received his big break.
personally I think him and Aldis are made for the nwa. They dont fit the aew style imo.

·
Registered
10,867 Posts

AEW will only sign somebody they have a long plotted out storyline for. Hager was signed for many months and kept secret before his debut, Wardlow was easter egg'd on one of the first Road To videos.

I'd also include the MLW roster on your exclusion list as they seem to be retaining their roster so have money to make competitive offers. Evolve seems to be affiliated with WWE now as well.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

Brian Pillman Jr, in MLW he has been very impressive and is a spitting image of his father would be a good future world champion and I am dying to see him vs Omega in the future
Great call that, he's definitely someone that I could see be in the same group as Allin, Jungle Boy, Guevara and Allin. Being a potential main eventer star for them.

·
Premium Member
16,722 Posts

Kevin Quinn. He's a ref. A great ref. I think AEW's biggest issue is their reffing. The match finishes and interference isn't helping either.

A good ref will be the little details that spill into all matches.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

I still don't get why she's not signed with any of these companies.

She seems desperate to on social media, I kinda feel bad for her.
She seems to not keep her attitude in check, and seems to piss off a lot of people. A Fiery Latina. She's someone who should be at least a upper mid card to main event talent in any of the big companies but her ego gets in her way. She's talented but she is her own worst enemy.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,730 Posts

Ivelisse for sure. She could easily reach Becky levels. Its a shame she can't keep that spicy Latina side of her in check. Hopefully AEW eventually gives her a chance.

Any chance that Okada leaves New Japan? Or is that essentially impossible? Don't know about the details of his relationship with NJPW and AEW.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

Ivelisse for sure. She could easily reach Becky levels. Its a shame she can't keep that spicy Latina side of her in check. Hopefully AEW eventually gives her a chance.

Any chance that Okada leaves New Japan? Or is that essentially impossible? Don't know about the details of his relationship with NJPW and AEW.
No chance in hell of Okada leaving, it be like Reigns leaving WWE and we know that ain't happening. I'm sure he be up for a match or two in AEW as he's good mates with the Bucks. But it's up to the bosses of NJPW not the talent, big money in a Ibushi/Omega feud. Even a Okada/Omega match on American soil, maybe MSG.

I think if AEW want Tessa no way she's signing if Ivelisse is there.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts

Alex Zayne. Blows my mind how they haven't signed him already and let NJPW book him first.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts