Votes: 32 22.2%
  • The Rock

Votes: 112 77.8%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
The Rock.

Batista was cutting a serious promo on Cena. He only added in two comments putting down Cena.

The Rock cut a comedic promo, and comedy simply resonates much more. Then you have The Rock's charisma and way of delivery that he only has. He didn't just add comments putting down Cena, he dismantled his character and compared him to an icon to which he cannot measure up. Unfair? Maybe but it adds to the scathing remarks.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,841 Posts
To be honest, I went with Batista. His heel promos blew Cena out of the water, and it's something i've wanted to hear from a wrestler for a long time as well. The Rock's was good, but Batista was just better.

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,108 Posts
Tbh if put anyone up against The rock when talking about promos, the rock will always win hands down, but this time around, Batista actaully held his own here. His promos were actually very truthful and were made better with the comedy one liners he put in about the fat kids and all that. Heel Batista was batista at his best and his promos on cena were on par with any of the rock's promos. Even though the rock owned the hell out of cena on RAW, that was expected unlike batista, I doubt anyone knew batista would come at cena like he did.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Batista.

The only reason I go with him is because there are so many parallels between he and Cena. They both were the two biggest stars since the Attitude Era, and hearing one shoot on the other was a very apples to apples look and was the culmination of that era in WWE. It completely showed how those two stars were the polar opposites of each other. I must say as well that Cena being in the ring while Batista gave his promo added a lot to it. Batista physically directed every word right at Cena. Also, Batista did it first which gives him a bit of the edge since until that point, NO ONE had talked about Cena that way.

Now don't get me wrong, The Rock's promo was absolutely incredible and I would have never thought in a million years Vince would have let him dig THAT deep into Cena. However, this is the guy of one era talking about the guy of this era which is a little different...

Regardless, both promos were amazing. Tough choice.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Rock for sure. Batista was basically just stating things that ppl on here that hate cena usually say. Rock was actually saying things to make fun of him. The whole "you can't see me,you can't see me, i can see you but you can't see me" thing was so funny

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Batista, if you ask who the greater Talker is you don't even gotta debate that...and if Rock would have wanted, he could have crushed Cena, you thought that was something? Rock didn't totally destroy Cena cause there is no big pay off, no revenge from Cena, they maybe have a small interaction, but that's it. Batista layed out the truth and that was really crushing.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Rock, Batista's promo was good too but Rock used more comedy to own Cena while Batista's was more angry and telling the truth. Both were great but Rock's humor gives him the edge here.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
There is no comparison between the two?

Batista was involved in a feud with Cena, his promo was very likely scripted, and he did more than one of them.

The Rock was returning after a 7 year hiatus, his promo was his own, and the entire promo was about his return with about a 2 minute segment directed at Cena. There is no rivalry, no feud, no angle, it was just how the Rock's feels.

You can't compare the two.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
I couldn't make a complete choice because I loved every moment of heel Batista and the The Rock is coming in nostalgia-equipped (taking nothing away for the promo he cut Monday).

Gun to my head tho, I'll go Batista. It was the culmination of everything built up that gives Batista the edge.
Let's allow this to develop more then ask me again and we'll see what happens down the line.

Give Cena a chance to respond. Cena HAS to respond.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I couldn't make a complete choice because I loved every moment of heel Batista and the The Rock is coming in nostalgia-equipped (taking nothing away for the promo he cut Monday).

Gun to my head tho, I'll go Batista. It was the culmination of everything built up that gives Batista the edge.
Let's allow this to develop more then ask me again and we'll see what happens down the line.

Give Cena a chance to respond. Cena HAS to respond.
totally agree. The Rock hasn't owned Cena? He said stuff about him to which he couldn't respond. Cena could come out and say that a wiggly eyebrow is gay as fuck and the rock is good at that thing with his tongue cause he is used to tickling Vince's balls with it! He wouldn't own Rocky. Get them both on the mic at the same time!

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
how did cena get owned? cena probably already went home because he had his match already and rock probably knew thos so rock started speaking smack on the mic. It was over-run people the show wasn't even supposed to go on that long, it was past time raw finishes. When your hours are up you go home.

batista got taught a lesson after he talked smack anyway so you can't really consider that owning cena when he got the shit kicked out of him and cena made him retire from wrestling.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
how did cena get owned? cena probably already went home because he had his match already and rock probably knew thos so rock started speaking smack on the mic. It was over-run people the show wasn't even supposed to go on that long, it was past time raw finishes. When your hours are up you go home.

batista got taught a lesson after he talked smack anyway so you can't really consider that owning cena when he got the shit kicked out of him and cena made him retire from wrestling.
every time you post i die a little inside fpalm

1 - 20 of 58 Posts