manager to speak for them?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,789 Posts
Tyson Kidd. WWE seems to know it, too.

·
Team Narcisse
7,941 Posts
Ted DiBiase, Evan Bourne and John Morrison.
I would love to see Ted Sr. come and manage Jr for an extended period of time. I was out of the loop for a while so they may have already tried that and I just wasn't watching at the time

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Morrison needs a manager or a bodyguard to do some talking for him. Although he doesn't need someone to do all the talking for him. I dont know if anyone else has noticed but Morrison's mic work considerably improves when he has someone else to bounce off of, so that he doesn't promo alone. Having a bodyguard to bounce off of or a manager would be perfect for him because believe it or not, Morrison can be alright on the mic, just not by himself...especially as a face.

Others that could do with one? Tyson Kidd maybe. Zeke as a heel with a manager would more tolerable too.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
obvious one here, Sin Cara, both of them, I'd also like to see Wadw Barrett with a manager, he doesn't need a mouthpiece but someone who could be sold as stratagist would be good, I'd pair Morrison with a love interest who cheats on him, again a bit obvious but a Morrison/Melina story could have wrote itself so I'd salvage it with someone else

·
Registered
561 Posts
Maryse with Alberto Del Rio. Just a suggestion, not particularly bothered if it happened.

I like that idea of Ted DiBiase Sr managing Ted Jr though.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts
Morrison deffinitley, would have loved Melina to have been paired back up with him before she got the boot but someone in the same vein or possibly if their turning Eve heel (which has been mentioned) she may be a decent fit.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
I would love to see Ted Sr. come and manage Jr for an extended period of time. I was out of the loop for a while so they may have already tried that and I just wasn't watching at the time
They did try it for a stint, but he ended up turning on his dad and stealing the million dollar title. He had Maryse on his arm and the Million dollar title and still couldn't get over >_>

·
Team Narcisse
7,941 Posts
They did try it for a stint, but he ended up turning on his dad and stealing the million dollar title. He had Maryse on his arm and the Million dollar title and still couldn't get over >_>
Damn, if you can't get over as heel with Ted Sr. helping you, then you're in trouble.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Managers don't make much sense for faces, but if Morrison was to go heel, then he definitely would. Not even someone to necessarily do his talking for him, bc imo he wasn't bad at all on the mic when he was working with Miz, but someone like Melina, or Sunny to acompany him to the ring and cheat for him when necessary (destracting referees and what not).

Mason Ryan and Big Zeke need someone. Book them as the monsters they are and place them with a mouth piece like Paul Heyman or what Punk was beginning to do for Ryan before they split, and they'd be fine. Any "monster" heel is better when they have some smart ass mouth piece talking shit for them and letting their client back them up. Like Vader with Cornette, Lesnar with Heyman, Big Show with Heyman and Taker and Kane with Paul Bearer.

I wouldn't mind seeing Daniel Bryan with somebody either, like a mentor. Similar to HBK with Jose Lothario. Have HBK come in with a non wrestling role, but more of a mentor/trainer role and get Bryan over more than he is. It could propel him to the main event much easier in my opinion.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Jack Thwagger definitely needth a manager. Whenever he talkth on the mic, you can hear hith thtupid lithpy voice. He could really do with Vickie Guerrero managing him.

Also, Brodus Clay. When he's eventually on one of the main shows, that is.

·
Team Narcisse
7,941 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Daniel Bryan with somebody either, like a mentor. Similar to HBK with Jose Lothario. Have HBK come in with a non wrestling role, but more of a mentor/trainer role and get Bryan over more than he is. It could propel him to the main event much easier in my opinion.
This could work if done soon. The fans would obviously cheer Shawn more which would create jealousy and to Bryan ultimately turning on Shawn. Shawn could do one last match to put his star pupil over and it would be huge for Bryan.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts
Jack Thwagger definitely needth a manager. Whenever he talkth on the mic, you can hear hith thtupid lithpy voice. He could really do with Vickie Guerrero managing him.

Also, Brodus Clay. When he's eventually on one of the main shows, that is.
I really wish that they'd have gone with Michael Cole as Swaggers manager when he was tagging with him after Mania, would have been perfect in my opinion and would have gotten Cole off the commentary team.

Brodus Clay doesn't really need a manager in my opinion, I think him as a loner character who destorys everything in sight (kind of like Henry at the moment) would get him over without a manager plus he can talk as seen on NXT.

Just had a bit of a look and this is what I would do:

Swagger - Michael Cole (although the time might have passed now, unfortunately)
Morrison - Eve Torres (Turn her and Morrison heel) or Maryse
Mason Ryan - Could possibly form a tag team with Mcintyre and have him do most of his talking (am clutching at straws really with this one).
McGillicutty & Otunga - Matt Striker (I think he's more suited to a managerial rol rather than an announcing one, plus he'll have the whole NXT connection)
Tyler Reks - Curt Hawkins (already talk of a tag team and could do most of the talking)
The Uso's - Tamina
Ted Dibiase - Ted Dibiase Sr.
Tyson Kid - Natayla (once this whole 'divas of doom' thing if over)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Ted DiBiase Jr. could have worked with Maryse if WWE had given them a feud or something. As soon as Goldust and DiBiase started feuding over the Million Dollar Belt (which no one else had cared about until then aside from Teddy), WWE veered off to left field and screwed it up. Having Ted then lose every match and Maryse not do anything like cheat for him [hell at houseshows Maryse would steal fans' signs and rip them up in their faces at least] made the duo fail that much harder. But I still think Teddy DiBiase needs to be a face, not a heel. He just comes off as a good ole nice Southern country boy to me.

Managers aren't really all that necessary for faces, but Tyson Kidd, Brodus Clay, and Mark Henry could use one. Brodus and Mark because monster heels and managers just seem to go together and Tyson needs someone to bounce off of. What happened to Tyson and Striker teaming up?

Morrison could do with a manager if he turned heel. He is stronger on mic as a heel though, so the manager would be there to add heat during his matches and for him to bounce off of during promos. I would actually go back to his rocker-poet gimmick and add Maryse and Rosa (since they insist on her staying employed) as his groupies. JoMo could call them Sugar (an always white/cream/ivory clothed Maryse) and Spice (Rosa). Have them talk up Morrison's greatness while he drops a few poetic/off the wall lines.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts