Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really miss them they were really good working together too bad they lost in the finals against benoit and angle but i gues those two were really great too. Anyway i just want to see whats your opinion on this and i'm gonna post some links of matches of Edge and Rey because they just ruled together. Plus Rey Mysterio and Edge were far better in 2002 than they are now i like Face Edge more than Heel Edge.

Part 1 Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio & Edge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2baXiRfvW8&feature=related

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGTL9HT9a6s&feature=related

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhVa6oj_bZc&feature=related

·
Registered
761 Posts
Of all the things I personally miss, like Slick or Papa Shango for example, Edge & Rey Mysterio as a tag team from 2002 isn't one of them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't like to see them today as a team that's for sure.
yeah but if you see back in the days it was all freaking different it was better with angle benoit and all that guys. But yeh its true i wouldn't want to see them teaming up now since Rey isn't that good and Edge is heel. but ah well when it was 2002 you could team up Tajiri and Brock Lesnar if you didn't watch vs Edge and Rey and then Rey and Edge won. But Rey and Edge should have won against Kurt and Chris.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I miss 2002 Edge. Not the team with Rey though.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
They were a great team. It would definitely be interesting to see them teaming up today. Back then, they were much more agile because they hadn't been ravaged by injuries the way they are today.

Edge was kind of a High Flyer back them. They pulled off some cool moves together, too.

There match against Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit at No Mercy 2002 is one of the best straight up Tag-Team matches you'll ever see.

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,798 Posts
I just miss the tag-teams from '02 & '03 in general. The tag-team division was really thriving back then. WWE was loaded with so many big-name superstars that they didn't know what to do with some guys so they just threw them into a tag-team with another superstar.

We had tag-teams like:

Rey Mysterio & Edge
Booker T & Goldust
Billy & Chuck
Christian & Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle & Chris Beniot
Los Guerreros
William Regal & Lance Storm
Hulk Hogan & Edge
Kane & Rob Van Dam

The caliber of the tag-teams back then was very high which resulted in the division becoming exciting once again.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
In 2002 we had some cool tag teams and the tag titles actually had some meaning. Now we have only 5 tag teams over 2 brands and most of them suck.

- The Hart Dynasty
- Uso guys
- Dudejobbers
- Hawkins/Archer (gatecrashers???)
- Gallows / Mercury

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In 2002 we had some cool tag teams and the tag titles actually had some meaning. Now we have only 5 tag teams over 2 brands and most of them suck.

- The Hart Dynasty
- Uso guys
- Dudejobbers
- Hawkins/Archer (gatecrashers???)
- Gallows / Mercury
The only tag that gets me excited is Uso guys there moves are nice. And i've grown tired of the Hart Dyansty the only good thing about them is Natalya when i watch them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol yeah that is saying alot, if you watch a team just because of the valet. THD did nothing till Bret Hart came back
I liked SES but then Rey Mysterio ruined everything god damn it :no:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts