Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The Rock. Vince was a certified billionaire during the time when he was around. I know Stone Cold was a HUGE reason for this, but even when Stone Cold was injured or "took his ball and went home," Vince was still a billionaire and the WWE was on fire. I feel bad for Cena, because he gives his heart and soul for the WWE, but the crowd (and money) just doesn't show for it anymore. It's a shame.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
The Rock. Vince was a certified billionaire during the time when he was around. I know Stone Cold was a HUGE reason for this, but even when Stone Cold was injured or "took his ball and went home," Vince was still a billionaire and the WWE was on fire. I feel bad for Cena, because he gives his heart and soul for the WWE, but the crowd (and money) just doesn't show for it anymore. It's a shame.
Cena has actually made more money than both Austin and The Rock he has the highest merchandise sales of all time.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Cena has actually made more money than both Austin and The Rock he has the highest merchandise sales of all time.
That is true if you look at "Making more money" in that way. I was just talking about when the company was making the most money.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
That is true if you look at "Making more money" in that way. I was just talking about when the company was making the most money.
That is not Cena's fault. The Rock had Austin (which is the other way around, btw). Cena has Orton. This question asked who made the most money. Cena made more money than the Rock.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also for making money for Vince, he's the reason for the Smackdown show and games. Plus movies.
smackdown was his word and he was a huge name in early years of smackdown.thats about it.he cant claim he is responsible for smackdown.they could have placed some other word(like bottom line) and it would have run for sure.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Cena, because if it weren't for Stone Cold and vice versa, Rock would be a 2nd rate merch god.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
Uh, where are these figures of Cena beating Rock coming from?

The closest thing we have is Meltzers and that was something like two years ago. Cena was behind quite a number of superstars. You realise it's not just merchandise sales right? That most money made also takes into account the gates they bring in and the revenue from house shows/PPVs and so forth, TV promotions etc.?

As of the end of 2008, there were 15 superstars who have made money than John Cena for the WWE.

That was after the most successful financial year WWE have had in 2007. Cena was 16th on the list and The Rock was 8th.

When that list came out, John Cena had been in the main event for 3 years and 10 months or so. His WWE career was bordering on six years.

The Rock was in the main event for a total period of around four years in his career. And his total career borders on six and a half years.

As it is, it's obvious Rock has made WWE more money. And taking into account their careers, so have Undertaker, Triple H, Bruno, Pedro Morales, Argentina Rocca and some others.

It's not rocket science. I don't know where people get this crap from.

Next people will be saying Cena made more money than Hogan and Austin. Their evidence? Merchandise sales. Yep, let's forget everything else.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Cena to answer the question, but I think Rock missing a very big chunk of 2001-2004 in Hollywood, it naturally swings in Cena's favour, so if Rock was there in those years consistently he'd be, for now, much further ahead of Cena.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
If you think Cena has made more money than the Rock for the company...

...Well, get someone to book you into the hospital, cause there is something wrong with you.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
The question of the thread is which individual made the most. You can't hold it against Cena if he entered the business at the start of their popularity slump.

Despite the fact that WWE was more popular under The Rock, Cena will have had a longer career and will probably end up shifting more merch than Rock and Austin combined. On the one hand, the deck is against Cena for being in a less-popular era but to balance it out, it's a lot easier to buy merch online nowadays than it was ten years ago.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
How could anyone on here know the accurate answer to that question?

·
Registered
21,637 Posts
I'm guessing that Cena has made a lot more money than the Rock did in wrestling. If you take into consideration how much merchandise Cena has for the wwe (t-shirts, wristbands, headbands, cds, dvds, etc.) He will be making the WWE a lot more money than the Rock ever did because when the Rock was in his prime he had 1 t-shirt out at a time and that was about it. His movies didn't belong to the WWE so they wouldn't have made much out of them.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Pretty sure Rock had like 5 different shirts out in 2000.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.