Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone currently in the WWE HOF that doesn't deserve to be there? My pick would be Koko B. Ware. What has he accomplished in his career in the WWE? As far as the celebrity wing Drew Carey being inducted bothers me. Besides being in the Royal Rumble in 2001 has he done anything for the WWE? At least other celebrities who are in the HOF have contributed in some way.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Re: Not worthy of being in the HOF

IMO, the HOF has always been way too inclusive, but Koko was the point that it truly became a joke. THe celebrity shit should not even exist. I have said it in these threads before. Pete Rose cannot get into baseball's HOF with 4,256 hits, but a few tombstones from Kane got him into pro wrestlings.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Johnny Rodz (long-time jobber), Mike and Chris Von Erich, Koko B. Ware, James Dudley (McMahon's limo driver).

·
Registered
81 Posts

Koko didn't get in because of his work in WWE, he had quite the career in NWA/AWA (6 time heavyweight champ, 7 time tag champ)

I think a better question is: who deserves to be in there that hasn't got in yet? Like macho man, ddp, Scott hall, etc

·
Registered
2,762 Posts

Pete Rose, William "The Refrigerator" Perry and Drew Carey.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Worthy of being in the HOF

Who do you think should have already been inducted into the WWE HOF? The people I think should be Kevin Nash and Scott Hall as N.W.O with Hogan (give Hogan another ring like Flair). The Ultimate Warrior who might be going in this year. Macho Man is an obvious.Miss Elizabeth. and Paul Bearer as far as managers go. DDP for all the work he's done not only in WCW but with other former wrestlers like Hall and Jake the Snake. Owen Hart once his widow lets WWE put him in. Jake the Snake should be in also. I know this one might be stupid to say but Chris Benoit ONLY from a wrestling standpoint. Not on his personal life.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Re: Worthy of being in the HOF

I heard if you pay the WWE $1,000,000 then you can get into the HOF. You won't be inducted at the ceremony, but it's still cool.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Randy Savage, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Owen Hart, Big Boss Man, Demolition, Jacques Rougeau, Jake Roberts.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts

Johnny Rodz (long-time jobber), Mike and Chris Von Erich, Koko B. Ware, James Dudley (McMahon's limo driver).
James Dudley only started off as a limo driver. Later on he had added responsibilities in the WWF and Vince Sr. said that the WWF might not have even existed without Dudley's help. Even when Vince Sr. was living his last days, he told his son to take care of Dudley after his death.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts

Randy Savage is by far the most deserving candidate that hasn't been inducted. You pretty much covered the obvious choices. Sherri Martel should definitely be in there

·
You know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here
1,103 Posts

oh sweet-- a HOF thread. we don't get many of these, so it's good a brand new one was started with the question 'who should be in'... fpalm

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

Abdullah the Butcher, he's a psycho and really wants to hurt people. He's an unprofessional asshat and has probably ruined so many careers by infecting people with Hepatitis C.

I hope that one guy wins his lawsuit against Abdullah and takes him for everything he's got.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts

Every celeb who's only appeared on 1-3 shows doesn't deserve to be there. Especially the ones who clearly barely knew a damn thing about WWE and just got booked there because their agent set it up to get their crappy careers more exposure.

Very few "one time only" celebs did an even remotely good job there. Hugh Jackman is about the only guy I can even recall who did really well for just one appearance. He ended up putting over Ryder and catapaulting him into temporarily massive popularity.

The other celebs were just there to smile and wave and act like they were too cool to be there. Actin like everyone showed up just to see them struggle to remember who the wrestlers are, what the matches are even called, or what city they're in.

Any wrestler deserves it more than those kinds of celebs. Even career nameless jobbers imo.

·
Registered
835 Posts

Tyson is the most deserving celeb in my view to be there but I don't like how he went to jail for rape and goes in the HOF when A.W had a moment of stupidness and got fired.

I honestly thought that Drew Carey was entertaining. When he offered kane money and kane was having none of it then he was celebrating when he eliminated himself was funny. I wouldn't have a celebrity wing anyway personally but if I did Tyson and Drew would be in.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts

Abdullah the Butcher
Drew Carey
Donald Trump (like wtf)
Pete Rose

I feel like Booker T and Edge were inducted too early as well, but do they deserve it? Of course.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts

Considering Bruno and Backlund are now in the HOF the only likely deserving guy left is Savage because Owen Hart is not going in no matter how much we want it to happen.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts

Considering Bruno and Backlund are now in the HOF the only likely deserving guy left is Savage because Owen Hart is not going in no matter how much we want it to happen.
I think the lawsuit has been settled recently, so there's a chance it might happen within the next few years.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts

Drew Carey: One night cameo at the 01 Rumble and did fuck all at that show
Koko: Just a jobber
Mike and Chris Von Erich: I guess in fairness they had to so they could put Fitz, David, Kerry and Kevin in but they didn't actually do much now did they.
Abdullah: Sure hes a legend I guess but he never worked WWF or WWE and his bullshit about him needing to be in 4 decades ago is horseshit
Johnny Rodz: Just another jobber
James Dudley: Limo driver I mean come on now

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts

The celebrities who got in are in a special Celebrity Wing. WWE isn't saying they did as much as Bret Hart or Roddy Piper. I've never had a problem with it.

On a side note, Triple H starred in memorable episode of The Drew Carey Show. Drew did a little more than just the 2001 Royal Rumble.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts