Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the buzz surrounding this "free PPV" has anyone sat back and think about it for a minute? What's the main event again? Oh yes RVD vs Abyss in a ladder match....for a fucking piece of wood.

We all know why TNA is doing this. It's a cheap attempt to hopefully get buys for No Surrender onwards. But no giving me a free PPV isn't gonna make me purchase no surrender. I will buy the frigging thing when the matches have a proper build and storyline going into them.

Also I would love to know how they're gonna book a PPV (after all it can be classified as one even though it's free) within two weeks. Oh yeah that's how they normally do it.

So this free PPV is 3 things in one.

1) a chance to hope to get more buyrates
2) an apology to the TNA guys for saying, "Sorry for stealing your spotlight" here have it back.
3) an apology to the fans, "Sorry you had to witness 2 40 year old drunks go at it" here's what you should have been getting instead.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
It's essentially a replacement for the original Hard Justice. One would also try to use this as a ratings item while others could say it is an excuse to keep Hogan and Bischoff longer, which can't happen.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Actually, it sounds like a not-so-sneaky way to get the actual TNA (not EV2) storylines going again after putting them on hold in this fail of an attempt to get Paul Heyman.

'Least that's how I think of it.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Might just be a test to see how they do if they eliminate all PPV's, which supposedly is in the cards. Also the ratings have been solid, maybe they think it is time to try and start building momentum again by throwing a special out there while the sports season is slow. I don't really see any ulterior motives in it, It is just a special, WWE does them too from time to time, I'm sure TNA will take whatever programming slots spike will give them. As far as being an 'apology' to the wrestlers, I doubt it. We're sorry, so to make it up, we're making you work more.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Might just be a test to see how they do if they eliminate all PPV's, which supposedly is in the cards. Also the ratings have been solid, maybe they think it is time to try and start building momentum again by throwing a special out there while the sports season is slow. I don't really see any ulterior motives in it, It is just a special, WWE does them too from time to time, I'm sure TNA will take whatever programming slots spike will give them. As far as being an 'apology' to the wrestlers, I doubt it. We're sorry, so to make it up, we're making you work more.
I agree!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Might be a test run to eliminate most ppvs agreed. Dixie says 12 a year is too much.

I could see them Lockdown/BFG/Slammiversary and A january PPV

Then they could do specials on Spike TV or another Viacom channel like WWF did with SNME or WCW with Clash of the Champions in between

I for one am looking forward to the PPVimpact. The Stairway to Janice match is a stupid name but the Stairway to Heaven ECW matches were fun and Abyss and RVD can work the hell out of these type matches...so what to complain about

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
This ECW PPV seems as though it's going to do well on a TNA standpoint. Overall that promotion is gonna be an interesting work environment post-Hardcore Justice.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
Might be a test run to eliminate most ppvs agreed. Dixie says 12 a year is too much.

I could see them Lockdown/BFG/Slammiversary and A january PPV

Then they could do specials on Spike TV or another Viacom channel like WWF did with SNME or WCW with Clash of the Champions in between

I for one am looking forward to the PPVimpact. The Stairway to Janice match is a stupid name but the Stairway to Heaven ECW matches were fun and Abyss and RVD can work the hell out of these type matches...so what to complain about
Yeah I agree with you, I can see TNA cutting six PPVs in 2011 and this is just a test run to see if Impact Specials could draw ratings. I could see a PPV schedule like this:

February-Genesis; April-Lockdown; June-Slammiversary; August-Hard Justice; October-Bound For Glory; December-Final Resolution

The PPV Impact should be good as long as they give all the matches proper time. Since its a "PPV special", they should not be rusing a finish in the match. Also, I'm expecting Abyss to take the World Title off of RVD, and the build to Hogan/Abyss begins :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
First off your a Idiot for complaining about this. You do Realize TNA along with all wrestling, Has slowed down huge on ppv. WWE even has like 10 meaningless ppv and there buyrates are way less then it was back in the day. Of course they still got good amount. But TNA are low and no one cares to buy 12 ppv or even 6.

TNA plans on cutting back alot on PPV. I hope they only have 4 big specials a year. They are planning a company change. Where they will have bunch more Live 3 hour specials right on TV.

They have the make the tv product bigger then the ppv at this point. I believe there ppv contact is up soon. So they can change how that works.

·
Registered
752 Posts
?OP?

First of all, I didn't know there was a buzz. If so, great for TNA and I hope it turns into ratings.

1) a chance to hope to get more buyrates
How is a "Free PPV" supposed to generate MORE buyrates, unless it is the beginning of some great freaking shows leading up to the next PPV.
2) an apology to the TNA guys for saying, "Sorry for stealing your spotlight" here have it back.
After thinking for a minute, I get what you mean. By hyping this show, they get their spotlight back, so good for them.
3) an apology to the fans, "Sorry you had to witness 2 40 year old drunks go at it" here's what you should have been getting instead.
More like extra for the fans. It's like two PPV's in one week.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Yeah I agree with you, I can see TNA cutting six PPVs in 2011 and this is just a test run to see if Impact Specials could draw ratings. I could see a PPV schedule like this:

February-Genesis; April-Lockdown; June-Slammiversary; August-Hard Justice; October-Bound For Glory; December-Final Resolution

The PPV Impact should be good as long as they give all the matches proper time. Since its a "PPV special", they should not be rusing a finish in the match. Also, I'm expecting Abyss to take the World Title off of RVD, and the build to Hogan/Abyss begins :rolleyes:

Yeah but even 6 is to much for sure. It needs to really be 4. I say Bound For Glory Lockdown Slammiversary Destionation x. If they plan on not making Ultimate x Special. Then dont use it for a ppv and just use it a lot on tv. But it could be a special ppv every year. Other wise yeah just go with Genesis but it has no meaning really so its a bad idea.

Those 4 i said are the biggest ppv or just special gimmick for them. Then they could have one 3 hour live saturday night special between the Impacts and the big 4 ppv. Thats really the best way the company should be going.

We all know that they need to start going the direction. Where they have 3 hour saturday night live special. Saturday night needs to come back as a special night for special live wrestling on tv. And every one once a month could have its own new name each time.

So basically TNA needs to take the company old school. and change how they do event.s

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
How many shit threads is this from you?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts