Wrestling Forum banner

Who is this guy they call the Hat guy with the red hat?

16380 Views 23 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  BarackYoMama
Who is this guy they call the Hat guy with the red hat? He is always at a ton of payperviews and Raws in the front row. Is he friends with someone backstage?
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,332 Posts
The sign guy, he goes to most events. He was on Deal or No Deal a few years ago. Edge and I think Randy Orton were there. I'm pretty sure he is friends with someone back stage. But hes signs are great lol.

^^ Found the video.

· Registered
611 Posts
I liked his "jobbers exit here" sign in the rumble.
Most memorable moment was his chain of edge sucks signs a few years ago.

· Registered
538 Posts
Didn,t his wife die or something and before she did she said do whatever makes you happy,hence he is at wwe events all the time and they now give him free tickets but hes not actually employed by them?I think thats it but im not sure

· Banned
3,179 Posts
The only thing I don't understand is why he goes to house shows back-to-back.
He's scheduled himself to be at the 5/1, 5/2, and 5/3 Smackdown! house shows...that's like going to see the exact same thing three days in a row.

· Registered
188 Posts
IIRC, Jericho talks about him briefly in his first book. Apparently he's just an extremely dedicated fan who makes his own way to every show. The company have offered him free tickets but he's refused them every time.

· Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Talk about loyalty to the product or he's just addicted to WWE.

· Registered
1,951 Posts
Rick is a very cool guy. I've met him a few times at shows and he is just massive, passionate WWE fan with lots of money! My favorite time watching his signs was at Royal Rumble 2001. He had a ton of funny signs that night. Go back amd watch it and look for the guy in the front row dressed like a Right To Censor member (white button up shirt and black tie). This was before he was known as "sign guy" and before he started wearing the red cap...

· Registered
344 Posts
jesus christ some of these posts are pathetic. He is not rich, he does not work for wwe and he doesnt know anyone backstage. I follow the dude on twitter, he works like a regular guy and uses his credit cards to go to as many wwe events as possible. he heckles many wrestlers. he answers questions to wrestling fans on twitter all the time. my fave sign of his was the 'EMBARRASSED CARLITO FAN' sign with a paper bag over his head.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.