• Micheal Tarver

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall during the whole invasion I'd probably say Darren Young and Heath Slater, neither of which have really stood out and seem to be the inbetweener's of the group, they never use big moves or finishers, they look the least intimidating, they barely get shown in recaps which are usually dominated by Barrett, Gabriel and Skip. Maybe they need to get in some more matches, and might be good at carrying Otunga in tag matches, but so far they've been on autopilot.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
In terms of ability, it's obviously Otunga. But, in terms of "impact", it's probably Slater. At least Young was involved with that whole Cena thing last night. All of them have stood on their own for something, except for Slater.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slater is the best wrestler of the nexus, he's far from the weak link.
His in ring work was good on NXT but he hasn't done anything to put himself on the map exept for just being there. Overall though I'd say Young is the weakest, especially after the beating last night, talk about being the stable jobber.

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
I say Otunga because he is the worst wrestler. On screen though it is Slater and Young for sure. In order from strongest to weakest I would say Barrett, Gabriel, Tarver, Sheffield, Slater, Young then Otunga. In all honesty though the gap from Barrett to Gabriel is huge though.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
talent wise it's Otunga. you can't even argue that, that asshole is abysmal.

in terms of on-screen, I guess Slater.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
It depends if you mean kayfabe wise or not.

If so, then clearly it would be Darren Young. He hasn't even been allowed to hit a move in the beatdowns and got singled out to be the whipping boy last night. He deserves better if I'm honest.

All of the members have tonnes of potential though, mostly in different areas as well. Barrett and Tarver the closest to the 'complete package', Sheffield plays the enforcer/monster role, Gabriel lets his ring work do the talking and Otunga is the second in command, occasionally mouthpiece. It leaves Slater and Young to do not very much, but they've both impressed me since the group started. I wouldn't say there's a weak link at all.

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
I'd say Young and Otunga. On-screen wise, Slater looked like he was leading the guys last week against the Legends in Barrett's absence. I wish Skip Sheffield would change his name though, he just sounds like a retarded hillbilly rather than the monster he's meant to be.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
When it comes to in ring talent, its Otunga by a mile. As a mouthpiece though he's not too bad. Overall, possibly Gabriel. He does not fit a heel persona whatsoever and he just looks pathetic when he's trying to make himself look badass. He was tailor made for the "I'm so happy to be here" super-face with the goofy smile.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I went with Slater, but he isn't doing too bad now. I thought he was the worst guy on NXT, last season. I mean, everybody stands out in the stable and comes into their own. Slater is just kinda... there.

Otunga adds alot to the group. He has his fair share of haters, but he kind of makes the group seem 'important'. It's hard to explain. He adds a certain color to the group. Tarver is the most intimidating, and he's arguably the best on the mic. Now that Danielson is gone, Barrett is the most important guy. He's also the winner, removing the winner would make the stable irrelevent. Skip Sheffield is the back up, and the power of the stable. Justin Gabriel brings the excitement, and is the best wrestler in it. Young, like Otunga brings color the group and is one of the most charismatic guys there. He's also pretty good in the ring.

So there's my reasonings as to why Slater is the weakest link, and why I went with him.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Slater has done the least. Obviously nobody will vote for Barrett, because he's the leader, Otunga's sort of a right-hand man, Sheffield's been doing his share, the South African guy who looks like the gay bloke from Drawn together always does his splash in beat-downs, I'm sure Tarver's given a promo, and Young was stf'd by Cena last night. Obviously, that's not much, but it's more publicity than there's been for the ginger one.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Darren Young as I've barely noticed he's there when they're doing the attacks and stuff. Not to mention he's incredibly bland and coasted on Punk's storyline on NXT. Slater really hasn't done much but if you notice he is kind of calling shots or at least he was when Barrett was gone and sometimes when Barret is there. He appears to be a second in command of sorts.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Darren Young. It's not even close.

I can understand why some say Otunga. Skills-wise, he is the weak link. But at least Otunga looks like he belongs in a powerful heel stable, and he's got the mic skills to boot.

I simply can't look at Darren Young and see a heel. Not with that hair. He looks like a troll. Everybody else has a heelish look to them, even Slater and Gabriel. It's just not as obvious for those two as it is for Barrett, Sheffield, Tarver, & Otunga.

Darren Young looks like he doesn't belong, and yesterday's beatdown, courtesy of Cena, didn't help his case either. You think that if it were Tarver or Otunga taking the beatdown, Nexus would've abandoned them?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Are you high? Slater's done nothing: initiated no attacks, never taken charge, never cut his own promo, and the deputy is obviously David Otunga, presumably to stop everyone cheering the Nexus

1 - 20 of 39 Posts