Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Not a fair comparison as Jeff has been high his whole career.

If you catch him sober he comes off as a high class academic.

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,391 Posts
The only thing Jeff Hardy did for the world was give 6ix9ine his appearance

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,049 Posts
Punk is a better talent, but I'd put Jeff Hardy above him as far as being a Pro Wrestler. People have forgotten how crazy over Jeff was during the Hardys run and then particularly his solo run to the World Title.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Never understood the love for any of the hardy boys. I actually hate Jeff Hardy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
No.

I rate Punk very highly, in the top 50 all time. But to say he is more well-rounded than that man is just silly.
Of all of the things we can debate that are very subjective. (Mic skills, in-ring skills, charisma, etc)

There is one thing Savage could not do at the same level or close to Cm Punk as matter of fact, and that's playing a an all time great heel. Punk could do just anything near to perfection.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,696 Posts
Of all of the things we can debate that are very subjective. (Mic skills, in-ring skills, charisma, etc)

There is one thing Savage could not do at the same level or close to Cm Punk as matter of fact, and that's playing a an all time great heel. Punk could do just anything near to perfection.
Savage couldn’t play a great heel, when he was the heel in what might be the greatest feud in WWE history?

That argument is so off-base, it’s...well, embarrassing.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Savage couldn’t play a great heel, when he was the heel in what might be the greatest feud in WWE history?

That argument is so off-base, it’s...well, embarrassing.

There is no debste here, Savage was not a good as a heel as he was as a face.

Cm Punk could do both at a high level, villain and hero.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I mean CM Punk stole his entire moveset from KENTA, the whole moveset. From the running knee in the corner to the GTS. CM Punk was a great wrestler no doubt but he also ripped off everything from KENTA and refused to even acknowledge it and give him credit for it. I can't respect that. If you are going to do that you could at least give credit to the original. He even got into it on twitter with him.

·
Banned
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Is in your *expert* opinion 7.8 an enormous grade for mic skills or what? Lol, why does everyone keep bringing this up

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I personally think CM Punk is the most well rounded wrestler of all time.

(I kid, that's totally subjective :D)

Is in your *expert* opinion 7.8 an enormous grade for mic skills or what? Lol, why does everyone keep bringing this up
Because Jeff Hardy, objectively, is not a 7.8 out of 10 when it comes to mic skills.

Maybe at some points in his career he pulled a Bucky Dent and hit a home run but on the whole his mic skills have always been mediocre at best.

His character work might be in the high sevens, I could at least see the argument, and his charisma is definitely through the roof. But mic skills? No way.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I mean CM Punk stole his entire moveset from KENTA, the whole moveset. From the running knee in the corner to the GTS. CM Punk was a great wrestler no doubt but he also ripped off everything from KENTA and refused to even acknowledge it and give him credit for it. I can't respect that. If you are going to do that you could at least give credit to the original. He even got into it on twitter with him.
Don't forget the Kenta "MMA rush" of really shitty awful strikes and kicks that make MMA guys cry.

I don't really hold this against people USUALLY, everyone in wrestling steals moves. Innovating moves isn't really properly acknowledged as it should be. But it's not just one or two moves, it's a bunch of stuff like the Falcon Arrow etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm gonna give the nod to CM Punk, but here's the thing about Punk, for a smaller guy, his moveset is pretty damn unimpressive, look at a guy like Aleister Black, yeah his matches are spotfest supreme, Punk is a much better storyteller, but as far as athletic talent, it's not even close, Punk tried to land on his feet out of the FU and i was like, dude, you have an inflated point of view of yourself lol.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts